Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The state banquets are a different thing…Royals ARE needed there like at the Garden Parties as there are so many people to host, and spaces will always be reserved for members of the royal family and courtiers that won’t go to anyone else….

Rank-Wise there cannot be a much grander state visit than when the worlds only remaining imperial majesty comes to visit… If that’s not a reason to bring out all able bodied royals - then there will never be a reason for that again

There are never more than 2 british royals at Guildhall Banquets… Usually it has been either the Gloucester’s or any of the 3 Kent-couples

This will be the first time for the Edinburgh’s i think…. Wich surprises me a bit as The Duke of Gloucester is patron of the Japan Society so it’s a bit surprising that he is not more involved in the state visit
He's 80 years old. Maybe he's drawing back a little.

My final guesses for the State Visit from Japan to UK on Tuesday:
Camilla: Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik Tiara
Masako: Chrysantemum Honeysuckle Tiara
Sophie: Aquamarine Necklace Tiara
Anne: her Festoon Tiara
Birgitte: Gloucester Honeysuckle Tiara

For the banquet on Guildhall
Sophie: her wedding tiara
Masako: the same tiara

I know it won't happen, but gosh how I wish Sophie would dig into the royal vault for once....

I'd love to see the Duchess of Gloucester wearing the Cartier Indian Tiara again.

I know it won't happen, but gosh how I wish Sophie would dig into the royal vault for once....

I'd love to see the Duchess of Gloucester wearing the Cartier Indian Tiara again.
Well, both dreams came true! Woohoo!

My guesses for the Guildhall banquet:

Sophie: wedding tiara
Masako: Meiji tiara

The Japanese sash is gold, with a red border. However, Queen Camilla is unlikely to receive the order as the BRF do not give the Garter to the spouses of monarchs. This may well change now in the reign of KC3, but this was the established practice under QE2. So if that logic is followed, Queen Camilla will be wearing the Garter sash.
There is no need for the visiting queens consort to get the Garter. It suffices to give them the GCVO as was done in the case of male consorts like Prince Claus and Prince Henrik.

The opening of British parliament will be on July 17. I predict Queen Camilla will wear the King George IV State Diadem.

Yes at the State Opening we will probably see Queen Camilla wear the State Diadem.

I would love to see her wear the Circlet of her Crown (with the cullinans) but i don’t expect that to happen

The King George IV State Diadem has become the unofficial tiara of the State Opening of Parliament, so Camilla should wear

She could also do like the Quuen Mother as Condort and wear the oriental cricket for the State Opening. She never wore the George IV. Diadem to it and Queen Mary also often wore other tiaras. The George IV. Diadem is only so associated with it because Queen Elizabeth II. as the reigning Queen always wore it on her way to and from the Palace of Westminster

She could also do like the Quuen Mother as Condort and wear the oriental cricket for the State Opening. She never wore the George IV. Diadem to it and Queen Mary also often wore other tiaras. The George IV. Diadem is only so associated with it because Queen Elizabeth II. as the reigning Queen always wore it on her way to and from the Palace of Westminster
Well said. However, I do think Queen Camilla will stick to using the George IV diadem as her regular headgear for the State Opening of Parliament.

I’m not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask but what happened to the Representation dinners for the Swedish royal family? The last time that happened was in 2022.

I’m not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask but what happened to the Representation dinners for the Swedish royal family? The last time that happened was in 2022.

2023 was the King's Jubilee year with all its events and this year there has been three state visits by the presidents of France and Finland and the King of Denmark, with the state visits' gala dinners. No time for official dinners (representationsmiddag). I think there will be at least one coming this year.

Princess Isabella will turn 18 in 2025. Her uncle Prince Joachim had a gala dinner with no tiaras for his 18th birthday. Maybe Isabella will also have a gala dinner but with tiaras.

It will be interesting to see if she gets her own tiara or if she will be sharing some with her mother.

It will be interesting to see if she gets her own tiara or if she will be sharing some with her mother.
I hope her grandmother shares- I think the turquoise daisy bandeau would be a sweet tiara for a young girl.

I think you will see a bit of jewellery sharing amongst the three younger children of Mary and Fred. They will not need tiaras that often. Rather than hand over three tiaras that will leave the main line, Mary will do well to collect a few more tiaras that can be shared across the family. She already has her wedding tiara and the Edwardian spinel tiara she bought a few years ago. She probably needs to get another "pool" tiara, and perhaps then a more serious tiara for the wife of Christian.

I think Isabella will have access to Mary’s smaller tiaras - but until someone have proved me otherwise, i still hope Princess Thyra’s Sapphire/Turquoise Tiara was bought by the royal family when the estate of the late Princess Elisabeth was auctioned, and is available for the main family again…

If she marries sometime, i really hope great-aunt Queen Anne-Marie will borrow the Khedive Tiara so the family-tradition for girl-descendants of Queen Ingrid can be continued.

Finnish press wrote yesterday that president Alexander Stubb will make a state visit to Norway in October. Waiting for the official press release from the Office of the President of the Republic of Finland.

I would be great if Queen Mary would try to add some smaller tiaras (bandeau for example) to the collection which could then be made available for her daughters, but not gifted

I think Isabella will have access to Mary’s smaller tiaras - but until someone have proved me otherwise, i still hope Princess Thyra’s Sapphire/Turquoise Tiara was bought by the royal family when the estate of the late Princess Elisabeth was auctioned, and is available for the main family again…

If she marries sometime, i really hope great-aunt Queen Anne-Marie will borrow the Khedive Tiara so the family-tradition for girl-descendants of Queen Ingrid can be continued.
I do hope Thyra's tiara is back in the main line. I think Mary would wear it well with the sapphire demi-parure of Queen Margarethe.

I do hope Thyra's tiara is back in the main line. I think Mary would wear it well with the sapphire demi-parure of Queen Margarethe.
That would be great, but a even better match for it would have been the other sapphire tiara from the late Countess Anne-Dorthe.

That would be great, but a even better match for it would have been the other sapphire tiara from the late Countess Anne-Dorthe.
I know that the tiara of the late Countess Anne-Dorthe had more history and netter designs, but it also had, to my eyes, a more challenging design.

If the Thyra tiara were to make its way to the main line, in addition to creating a married sapphire parure, there could be one further possibility. It could be the basis of a married turquoise parure as well. The bandeau currently used by Margarethe could probably be used as a choker alongside the tiara.

I know that the tiara of the late Countess Anne-Dorthe had more history and netter designs, but it also had, to my eyes, a more challenging design.

If the Thyra tiara were to make its way to the main line, in addition to creating a married sapphire parure, there could be one further possibility. It could be the basis of a married turquoise parure as well. The bandeau currently used by Margarethe could probably be used as a choker alongside the tiara.
Actually i don't think there is more history to the tiara of Countess Anne-Dorthe. I prefer it as the sapphires in it are bigger and more visible then in the one Princess Elisabeth. The best would have been if both tiaras had found their way back to the main line

I think you will see a bit of jewellery sharing amongst the three younger children of Mary and Fred. They will not need tiaras that often. Rather than hand over three tiaras that will leave the main line, Mary will do well to collect a few more tiaras that can be shared across the family. She already has her wedding tiara and the Edwardian spinel tiara she bought a few years ago. She probably needs to get another "pool" tiara, and perhaps then a more serious tiara for the wife of Christian.

I expect Frederik and Mary to give Isabella a new small tiara as an 18th birthday gift. Mary herself got two new tiaras as Crown Princess (her wedding tiara and the ruby and spinel necklace tiara), so I don't think the Family is refraining from buying new diadems.

I expect Frederik and Mary to give Isabella a new small tiara as an 18th birthday gift. Mary herself got two new tiaras as Crown Princess (her wedding tiara and the ruby and spinel necklace tiara), so I don't think the Family is refraining from buying new diadems.
I don't think Mary is averse to buying a new tiara or three. But having seen 6 tiaras leave the Danish main line (2 each to Benedikte and A&M, and 2 to the wives of Joachim), it is possible Mary prefers to bulk up the collection and lend out to her children / partners as and when required.

the main Royal family never wore Queen Alexandrine fringe tiara because the owner actually is Count Ingolf.
What will happen to this tiara , given to his nieces , given to Bruun Rasmussen for Auction , or ??

the main Royal family never wore Queen Alexandrine fringe tiara because the owner actually is Count Ingolf.
What will happen to this tiara , given to his nieces , given to Bruun Rasmussen for Auction , or ??
Unless Count Ingolf has specified otherwise, it will go to his niece’s as they are his closest living relatives…

We will never know for sure until after he and his wife (who is 10 years younger than him) has passed…. Unless someone asks him directly

Even if it was not in the traditional form in Charles XI's Gallery, there were two Official Representation Dinners in 2023. The Sweden, taking place in 2013, started off the Jubilee year in 2023. Also, I have seen that the Royal Court counted the Jubilee Banquet as a Representation Dinner.
2023 was the King's Jubilee year with all its events and this year there has been three state visits by the presidents of France and Finland and the King of Denmark, with the state visits' gala dinners. No time for official dinners (representationsmiddag). I think there will be at least one coming this year.
This year has been busy indeed with three incoming state visits so far. I guess we'll see both a traditional Representation Dinner and a Sweden Dinner this autumn. But, even the Royal Court is on a restricted budget, so who knows. From what I heard before the summer, no further dinners this year was planned at that time, expect for December 11th.

Back
Top Bottom