Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are so used to the thought of the danish monarch having 2 sons and no daughters, and no need to give anything to anyone until her sons married… Now that obviously has to change as the new danish monarch has 2 sons and 2 daughters…

There are several ways of doing that… And pending that the Nasuut and Baden Palmette Tiaras, and the Daisy Bandeau comes back to the main line after Margrethe has moved in at Roskilde Cathedral, wich hopefully won’t happen yet for many years, i think either of the following scenarios are the most likely to occur…

One way to do that (and the best way in my opinion) is to buy 18:th birthday tiaras to Isabella and Josephine, and a wedding tiara for a possible future wife of Vincent… That would be tiaras that would be theirs and that can be passed down in their families…

That would allow them to share Mary’s Wedding Tiara and Mary’s Diamond and Spinel Tiara between each other.

I fully expect Isabella and Josephine to borrow the Khedive Tiara if they marries to continue the family tradition…

Another way would be that Mary’s Wedding Tiara becomes Isabella’s 18:th Birthday Tiara, and Mary’s Diamond and Spinel Tiara becomes Josephine’s 18:th Birthday Tiara… Or vice versa… That would then by all likelyhood result in those 2 tiaras leaving the royal family in the future…. And tbh, that’s the way the Danish RF has handled the tiara-question so far, so i would not at all be surprised if that’s how it will be…. But slightly dissapointed as divorces and a new Alexandra-situation cannot be ruled out…

For a future wife of Christian, who will ultimately become Crown Princess, and likely later Queen, there is no risk of any tiara leaving the royal family… I can imagine a new wedding tiara being bought… A diamond tiara with previous danish royal history would be nice… Then i can imagine the Ruby Parure being handed over by Frederik… Maybe also the Turquoise Daisy Bandeau from Margrethe to get something from her…

That would give a new Crown Princess 3 tiaras of various size’s, all with previous danish royal history.

And it would still leave Queen Mary with exclusive access to 6 tiaras even after her children are married… The Emerald Tiara, The Pearl Poire Tiara, The Floral Aigrette Tiara, The Nasuut Tiara and the Baden Palmette Tiara from the royal vault… And she also has the exclusive right to wear the Ole Lyngaard Midnight Tiara.

Last edited:
Be that as it may, Mary has worn the ruby parure as Crown Princess and as Queen.
As did Queen Ingrid , Christian is not married . Imho the parure will be passed on to his future wife when the time comes . Queen Ingrid wore the parure until her passing , as she was no longer Queen Consort she did not have access to the crown jewels , they were reserved for Queen Margrethe .

Felipe and Letizia are preparing a State visit to Jordan in October. I'll be their first State visit to the kingdom between good friends.

I don't expect big tiaras. Rania and Letizia are not fond of big jewellery, but who knows? They may surprise me.

I'll be thrilled if they do :giggle:

Felipe and Letizia are preparing a State visit to Jordan in October. I'll be their first State visit to the kingdom between good friends.

I don't expect big tiaras. Rania and Letizia are not fond of big jewellery, but who knows? They may surprise me.

I'll be thrilled if they do :giggle:
I suppose the Jordan state visit would be a good opportunity for Letizia to go back to her smaller Floral tiara, which, according to many posters here, actuallly suits her better than the big guns such as the Cartier Fleur de Lys or the Russian Loop tiaras.

On the other hand, it would be reassuring if Letizia wore the Mellerio Shell tiara for the first time as queen to dispel the rumors that the diadem might be damaged/ broken, or that Queen Sofia might withhold it from the main line (which I find very unlikely by the way).

I suppose the Jordan state visit would be a good opportunity for Letizia to go back to her smaller Floral tiara, which, according to many posters here, actuallly suits her better than the big guns such as the Cartier Fleur de Lys or the Russian Loop tiaras.
I think it is still a state visit to a monarchy, and Letizia may choose to wear on of the larger pearl and diamond tiaras.

On the other hand, it would be reassuring if Letizia wore the Mellerio Shell tiara for the first time as queen to dispel the rumors that the diadem might be damaged/ broken, or that Queen Sofia might withhold it from the main line (which I find very unlikely by the way).
I am not convinced Letizia has ever been particularly fond of the Mellerio Shell tiara. She has only ever worn it once, many years ago.

Rania has worn her Arabic scroll tiara a fair few times; it is not a small tiara. I suspect that is the tiara she will wear this time.

I think it is still a state visit to a monarchy, and Letizia may choose to wear on of the larger pearl and diamond tiaras.
First there needs to ve a white tie Srste Banquets. That wasn't the case at the State Visits from Sweden and Norway to Jordan

First there needs to ve a white tie Srste Banquets. That wasn't the case at the State Visits from Sweden and Norway to Jordan
Very fair point.

That said, after many years, Rania has worn a tiara for the royal wedding last year, and for a portrait released for her recent birthday. So perhaps, tiaras are back.

We will see Rajwa wearing her tiara again!!!

We are so used to the thought of the danish monarch having 2 sons and no daughters, and no need to give anything to anyone until her sons married… Now that obviously has to change as the new danish monarch has 2 sons and 2 daughters…

There are several ways of doing that… And pending that the Nasuut and Baden Palmette Tiaras, and the Daisy Bandeau comes back to the main line after Margrethe has moved in at Roskilde Cathedral, wich hopefully won’t happen yet for many years, i think either of the following scenarios are the most likely to occur…

One way to do that (and the best way in my opinion) is to buy 18:th birthday tiaras to Isabella and Josephine, and a wedding tiara for a possible future wife of Vincent… That would be tiaras that would be theirs and that can be passed down in their families…

That would allow them to share Mary’s Wedding Tiara and Mary’s Diamond and Spinel Tiara between each other.

I fully expect Isabella and Josephine to borrow the Khedive Tiara if they marries to continue the family tradition…

Another way would be that Mary’s Wedding Tiara becomes Isabella’s 18:th Birthday Tiara, and Mary’s Diamond and Spinel Tiara becomes Josephine’s 18:th Birthday Tiara… Or vice versa… That would then by all likelyhood result in those 2 tiaras leaving the royal family in the future…. And tbh, that’s the way the Danish RF has handled the tiara-question so far, so i would not at all be surprised if that’s how it will be…. But slightly dissapointed as divorces and a new Alexandra-situation cannot be ruled out…

For a future wife of Christian, who will ultimately become Crown Princess, and likely later Queen, there is no risk of any tiara leaving the royal family… I can imagine a new wedding tiara being bought… A diamond tiara with previous danish royal history would be nice… Then i can imagine the Ruby Parure being handed over by Frederik… Maybe also the Turquoise Daisy Bandeau from Margrethe to get something from her…

That would give a new Crown Princess 3 tiaras of various size’s, all with previous danish royal history.

And it would still leave Queen Mary with exclusive access to 6 tiaras even after her children are married… The Emerald Tiara, The Pearl Poire Tiara, The Floral Aigrette Tiara, The Nasuut Tiara and the Baden Palmette Tiara from the royal vault… And she also has the exclusive right to wear the Ole Lyngaard Midnight Tiara.
Very well thought through analysis.

If I were Mary, this is how I would play it.

> Keep the ruby parure for use by Mary. This will allow her to have ruby, emerald, diamond and pearl tiara options.

> For Christian's wife, buy a new mid-sized all diamond or pearl and diamond tiara, which can be versatile and be used with plenty of things. If Queen Mary has passed on by the time of the wedding, the Baden Palmette tiara could serve that function.

> For the others, rather than have individually allocated tiaras, just have a selection of tiaras (the "Pool") that could be borrowed from Mary, as and when required. This will allow the collection to remain together for future generations, and allow the three ladies (Isabella, Josefina and the wife of Vincent) to have a little variety. Potential tiaras in the Pool can include Mary's wedding tiara, the Edwardian Spinel tiara and after Queen Margarethe's passing, the turquoise bandeau. Further acquisitions can be made to boost the Pool and add variety.

I think Theodora of Greece will wear the Khedive of Egypt tiara and hopefully also the family heirloom veil at her upcoming wedding

300% the Khedive as every other female descendant of Queen Ingrid.

I hope Mary wears the emerald parure again, hopefully with a dress that allows the necklace to shine.

Naasut for Daisy and the Fringe tiara for Benedikte.

If Queen Margrethe attends i guess it will be the Naasut tiara
I am not sure QM2 will attend. This is the first incoming state banquet of the reign and I would have thought she may want to give space to the new regent couple to do things their way.

Onto more interesting matters. Did the Naasut not come from the Faroe Islands? If so, QM2 does not have to wear it. She can choose to wear the Baden Palmette or the Turquoise bandeau, is she prefers.

I hope Mary wears the emerald parure again, hopefully with a dress that allows the necklace to shine.
That would be great. Somehow, I think the emeralds will now come out for the New Year gala.

The Naasut tiara was a gift from Greenland, so there is no connection to Iceland.
I guess that queen Mary will wear either the ruby tiara or the peal tiara. She'll probably leave the emerald for New Year's galas and very high profile events like Jubilees or incoming State Visits from other monarchs. If I were her, I'd wear the pearl tiara for a couple of times before introducing the floral aigrette tiara.
Prinses Beatrix managed to attend State Banquets without stealing the thunder from WA and Maxima, and I think that Margrethe could do the same. In fact, I hope to see her with the Baden palmette tiara. And let's hope that Benedikte will also attend, I'd like to see her with the star tiara again.

For the SV from Iceland to Denmark, I predict Queen Mary will wear the Emerald Parure tiara.

I am not sure QM2 will attend. This is the first incoming state banquet of the reign and I would have thought she may want to give space to the new regent couple to do things their way.

Onto more interesting matters. Did the Naasut not come from the Faroe Islands? If so, QM2 does not have to wear it. She can choose to wear the Baden Palmette or the Turquoise bandeau, is she prefers.
Princess Beatrix has attended several state banquets in Amsterdam without outshining her son and daughter in law… I’m fully confident Queen Margrethe can easily do the same…

As Christian will be in Africa and Joachim and Marie in USA, they will need everyone who is home (= Frederik, Mary, Margrethe and Benedikte)

The Naasut Tiara was a gift from Greenland, so there is no islandic connection… Though QMII did wear it to the last incoming state visit from Iceland in 2017

My tiara-prediction is

Queen Mary : Pearl Poire Tiara

Queen Margrethe : Naasut Tiara

Princess Benedikte : Star and Pearl Tiara

Maybe Princess Alexandra (Benedikte’s daughter) will be invited too, as she is married to one of the Chamberlain’s to the Royal Court who may be on duty during the state visit… If so i guess she will wear the Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille Floral Tiara

Last edited:
My tiara prediction is

Queen Mary: Pearl Poire Tiara
Queen Margrethe: Baden Palmette or Turquoise Bandeau
Princess Benedikte: Star and Pearl Tiara or Sayn-Wittengenstein-Berleburg Fringe
Princess Alexandra: Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille Floral Tiara or her mum's Floral Tiara

So much fun to see the first incoming state visit of King Frederik and Queen Mary's reign. As fun it will be to see the tiaras, it will of course be interesting to see how Their Majesties will host a state visit.

Queen Mary - The Pearl Poiré Tiara (The Emerald Tiara would be too busy and conflicting in colours to the blue-red-white sash of the Order of the Falcon she will wear)
Queen Margrethe - The Baden Palmette Tiara
Princess Benedikte - The Pearl and Star Tiara

Reactions: pkl
Back
Top Bottom