The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 10: August 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Four years ago, it was about 400 USD per wave. You paddle in, and whether you ride that wave or not, you pay that amount. Now it's probably much more than that. I've always been fascinated by the place, it seems very cool but also can't help feel that it's wasteful and very much for the elite.

Four years ago, it was about 400 USD per wave. You paddle in, and whether you ride that wave or not, you pay that amount. Now it's probably much more than that. I've always been fascinated by the place, it seems very cool but also can't help feel that it's wasteful and very much for the elite.
$400.00 per wave??? Wow! And those prices were from 2020. I agree that it would be more expensive in 2024 due to inflation.
Oh well if you have the funds then you can have your fun.

According to what I read in the Portuguese press, Princess Eugenie and her husband also bought a house in Portugal, more specifically in Melides, in a luxury development.
The house that Harry and Meghan would have purchased will be in the Comporta area, a small town in the Alentejo region.
I believe it when I see a photo of the property & them there. Sometimes this celebrity-buzz around a project are a way to sell something that doesn´t sell well. You would be surprised how many luxery apartments in f.e. Amsterdam were 'bought' by either Madonna or Brad Pitt :)

I believe Caroline of Monaco and her family go to Comporta each summer?

Although I find Melides and Portugal wonderful, I am not sure if they are better of there than in California. the sea is ice cold and there tend to be lots of wind on the beach. The food will be much better of course. A big plus in comparison to other beach areas of much of Southern Europe and certainly of the Iberian peninsula would be that properties tend to be secluded and the area is quiet and not ruined by construction.

The Duke of Sussex enjoyed the waves in California and his friends have shared a video on their Instagram account.

When was this filmed, his beard looks different.

I believe it when I see a photo of the property & them there. Sometimes this celebrity-buzz around a project are a way to sell something that doesn´t sell well. You would be surprised how many luxery apartments in f.e. Amsterdam were 'bought' by either Madonna or Brad Pitt :)

I believe Caroline of Monaco and her family go to Comporta each summer?

Although I find Melides and Portugal wonderful, I am not sure if they are better of there than in California. the sea is ice cold and there tend to be lots of wind on the beach. The food will be much better of course. A big plus in comparison to other beach areas of much of Southern Europe and certainly of the Iberian peninsula would be that properties tend to be secluded and the area is quiet and not ruined by construction.
Marengo- The Sussexes will likely find the conditions to be somewhat similar but it's less windy. The ocean water along the West Coast of the United Sates is cold as our currents are coming south from Alaska. With Montecito/Santa Barbara being located on our Central Coast, the temps are even cooler. Today's water temps are in the mid sixties so most surfers are advised to use spring wet suits.

Back
Top Bottom