The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 - July 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of questions:

1. Why would the Duchess of Sussex need an excuse not to go to Great Britain? If she doesn't want to go, she doesn't want to go.
2. Has the Duchess of Sussex been legally (as in listed as a co-plaintiff) to any of the Duke of Sussex's security suits?
3. Has the Duchess of Sussex ever discussed being afraid of an attack while in Great Britain? I remember her discussing mental anguish due to her position and harassment by the press, but never fears of actually harm coming to her, although I may be wrong.

It seems to me, especially giving Great Britain is his home and their vastly different relationships with the press and the deadly consequences of their extreme attention to them before they even met, it's the Duke that's pushing the security issue, not the Duchess.

The Duchess is probably done with the whole thing and is okay with never stepping foot in Great Britain again. The Duke is the one who both has the deep desire for his family to visit his home country and the deep fear that something might happen to them if they do.
I agree with this. I think Harry has become deeply paranoid about the security issues. It’s expensive too. Perhaps, less so than a court case but I don’t know.

The more I think about what Harry said the more appalled I am that ITN even broadcast this part of the interview. Diana was lunged at by a man in Cramlington in 1989. In 2021 President Macron was slapped in the face by a man in a crowd near Valence.

I get that Harry has these fears but to talk publicly about knives & acid can’t be a good idea. There are just too many weirdos out there. Don’t give them ideas for goodness sake.

As a major broadcaster ITN should act responsibly. I wouldn’t be surprised if the security services are tearing their hair out over these comments. We've already had two MP's stabbed to death in this country.

Edit - a solidier was also stabbed just recently in London. In a serious condition in hospital.
Look at the news this evening.

Look at the news this evening.
It's desperately sad, terrible news.

And it is almost always more likely to happen to people like us; the chances of it happening to people who receive protection are virtually non-existent. So PH really needs to stop whinging about security now IMO, as he and his family will always be much, much safer and protected here than we are.

It's desperately sad, terrible news.

And it is almost always more likely to happen to people like us; the chances of it happening to people who receive protection are virtually non-existent. So PH really needs to stop whinging about security now IMO, as he and his family will always be much, much safer and protected here than we are.
Those poor children who were just enjoying a dance class. 😔

Hmm...I'm not sure Harry wields a lot of social power in the US; more importantly, it is a matter of law if he can or cannot remove the children from their place of residence without the consent of their mother.
Indeed, parents have to be careful (individually) about taking a US citizen child (like Lili) even across state lines - if one parent objects, it’s no go. On an airplane I may be mistaken but I think you have to have a notarized letter from the parent who is not present with the child. The US is a big place and there are laws to protect children from being taken by one parent without the other parent’s permission. Because unfortunately, this happens a lot.

Since there is no current Sussex news, and Prince Harry's recent interview has been exhaustively discussed, this seems like a good time close this extremely long thread. The moderating team will open another Sussex thread in the next few days.
You can find the new thread here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom