Royals at the Paris 2024 Summer Olympics & Paralympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Video recap of Letizia's day at the Games on Sunday:

Once again strong support by Queen Letizia today, September 2:

And Crown Prince Haakon had his first day at the Paralympics today:

Are we anticipating any presence from the British Royal Family at the Paralympics Games and where has also where is Princess Charlene of Monaco?

CP Christian in Paris today!

Prince Christian visits the Paralympic Village:

Last edited:

Crown Prince Christian have a short interview to DR

And from Instagram:

Crown Prince Christian have a short interview to DR

A job well done.
What impression does meeting these Danish athletes make on them?
- It has been a pleasure. They have given me a really good impression and were all very nice. A great, great experience, says HRH Crown Prince Christian.

nice he gave an interview.

another gallery

"His Royal Highness Crown Prince Christian was in Paris yesterday as part of the Paralympic Games alongside H.E. the Ambassador-designate of Denmark to France, Hanne Fugl Eskjær, and representatives of Parasport Denmark."

Last edited by a moderator:
Letizia has been showing so much joy and ease to the Paralympians… that it’s really easy to see where her daughters got a lot of the same qualities. Spain and the Spanish athletes are very lucky to have such sincerely charismatic representation.

This is the same lady who brought her daughter to Australia for football, and who’s married to the guy who practically commutes to South America, but maybe because the Games are a longer event, it makes it more obvious.

Lovely seeing royals also supporting in person the Paralympics including the from Spain, Denmark, Norway, Sweden.

"His Royal Highness Crown Prince Christian was in Paris yesterday as part of the Paralympic Games alongside H.E. the Ambassador-designate of Denmark to France, Hanne Fugl Eskjær, and representatives of Parasport Denmark."

Great photos of Crown Prince Christian in Paris visiting events and hanging out with the athletes. Lovely first engagement abroad for the Crown Prince.

I was thinking that we would see the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh!
The Princess Royal has done her part!
If things had worked out differently, it would have been an ideal fit for Prince Harry. Good to see the Duke and Duchess

Given that Edward is the royal patron of the British Paralympic Association, just like it made sense for Anne to be the representative at the Olympics as an IOC member, it makes sense for Edward to attend the paralympics as representative of the British royal family.

I don't think Harry would have been a better fit as he has never been involved with the paralympics in any way (Invictus is a completely separate entity).

Any photos from Margriet cheering the Dutch Paralympians?

Princess Benedikte has visited the Danish athletes at the Paralympic Village today, September 5:

I don't think Harry would have been a better fit as he has never been involved with the paralympics in any way (Invictus is a completely separate entity).
Just to clarify, I didn’t mean Prince Harry would be a better fit. The Invictus Games is indeed a different entity, but both share some key common themes &goals. My point is that having been one of the founders of Invictus, he clearly has long held a keen interest in this area, rather than being made a patron. And I’m not implying that the Duke is any less enthusiastic in his role as Patron.

Just to clarify, I didn’t mean Prince Harry would be a better fit. The Invictus Games is indeed a different entity, but both share some key common themes &goals. My point is that having been one of the founders of Invictus, he clearly has long held a keen interest in this area, rather than being made a patron. And I’m not implying that the Duke is any less enthusiastic in his role as Patron.
I absolutely understood what you meant given the background of the Duke of Sussex.

From dutch online news outlet nu.nl
"Disability and inclusion advocacy groups are regretting the absence of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima at the Paralympic Games. It is a stark contrast to the enthusiasm the royal couple showed at the Olympic Games."
article link
(hope the link works, original link)

Back
Top Bottom