Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The state banquets are a different thing…Royals ARE needed there like at the Garden Parties as there are so many people to host, and spaces will always be reserved for members of the royal family and courtiers that won’t go to anyone else….

Rank-Wise there cannot be a much grander state visit than when the worlds only remaining imperial majesty comes to visit… If that’s not a reason to bring out all able bodied royals - then there will never be a reason for that again

There are never more than 2 british royals at Guildhall Banquets… Usually it has been either the Gloucester’s or any of the 3 Kent-couples

This will be the first time for the Edinburgh’s i think…. Wich surprises me a bit as The Duke of Gloucester is patron of the Japan Society so it’s a bit surprising that he is not more involved in the state visit
He's 80 years old. Maybe he's drawing back a little.

My final guesses for the State Visit from Japan to UK on Tuesday:
Camilla: Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik Tiara
Masako: Chrysantemum Honeysuckle Tiara
Sophie: Aquamarine Necklace Tiara
Anne: her Festoon Tiara
Birgitte: Gloucester Honeysuckle Tiara

For the banquet on Guildhall
Sophie: her wedding tiara
Masako: the same tiara

I know it won't happen, but gosh how I wish Sophie would dig into the royal vault for once....

I'd love to see the Duchess of Gloucester wearing the Cartier Indian Tiara again.

I know it won't happen, but gosh how I wish Sophie would dig into the royal vault for once....

I'd love to see the Duchess of Gloucester wearing the Cartier Indian Tiara again.
Well, both dreams came true! Woohoo!

My guesses for the Guildhall banquet:

Sophie: wedding tiara
Masako: Meiji tiara

The Japanese sash is gold, with a red border. However, Queen Camilla is unlikely to receive the order as the BRF do not give the Garter to the spouses of monarchs. This may well change now in the reign of KC3, but this was the established practice under QE2. So if that logic is followed, Queen Camilla will be wearing the Garter sash.
There is no need for the visiting queens consort to get the Garter. It suffices to give them the GCVO as was done in the case of male consorts like Prince Claus and Prince Henrik.

The opening of British parliament will be on July 17. I predict Queen Camilla will wear the King George IV State Diadem.

Yes at the State Opening we will probably see Queen Camilla wear the State Diadem.

I would love to see her wear the Circlet of her Crown (with the cullinans) but i don’t expect that to happen

The King George IV State Diadem has become the unofficial tiara of the State Opening of Parliament, so Camilla should wear

She could also do like the Quuen Mother as Condort and wear the oriental cricket for the State Opening. She never wore the George IV. Diadem to it and Queen Mary also often wore other tiaras. The George IV. Diadem is only so associated with it because Queen Elizabeth II. as the reigning Queen always wore it on her way to and from the Palace of Westminster

Back
Top Bottom