The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Picture 4 is of the Party Leader of the Center Party (in an awful purple dress :eek:, it makes her look buff, and I think "German beer girl at Oktober fest...)"

Yes, very much so. She should be in a dirndl! She looks rather buff or "buffy" as some people say...

They shine and look much better at the reception then at the awards. They look wonderfull and I love the dresses but I was a bit dissapointed. I was expecting a "nobel" dress. I think those dresses would have been wonderfull for state visits and other occasions but i was expecting a bit more pizzaz.

swedishme said:
she doesn't this time though..nooo jewellery what so ever...except some cheap earrings...
I hope you mean the PM's wife here, and not the Mistress of the Robes, Countess Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister... I highly doubt she would ever wear "cheap earrings". :D

swedishme said:
maud olfsson def got the coolest colour of the evening in my opinion..not so sure bout the model of the dress though..she look like a stuffed sausage:rolleyes:
Stuffed sausage, good description.

ebba von sydow (the faishonexpert) wanted princess madeleine to change dress with maud (the lady in puuuuuuuuuuuurple..) i cant believe that!

GrandDuchess said:
I hope you mean the PM's wife here, and not the Mistress of the Robes, Countess Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister... I highly doubt she would ever wear "cheap earrings". :D

yeah..i meant anita steen...Persson's wife (misread it a bit)

yeah i thought so;)

Last edited by a moderator:
GrandDuchess said:
Ooh, harsh, but I also agree. That dress she was was certainly not a good colour. Only very few people can wear that shade of purple, and I'm sorry to say, but people who are that tanned just can't. Maybe if you were my level of paleness, but not like that.

Danielle said:
Ooh, harsh, but I also agree. That dress she was was certainly not a good colour. Only very few people can wear that shade of purple, and I'm sorry to say, but people who are that tanned just can't. Maybe if you were my level of paleness, but not like that.

i like the colour..but not on her...it would have been better on the queen or on victoria..

swedishme said:
ebba von sydow (the faishonexpert) wanted princess madeleine to change dress with maud (the lady in puuuuuuuuuuuurple..) i cant believe that!

That would not have been good. It would have caused heart attacks to a few males too! ha ha ha. And heart attacks for all of those who want glamour but class and elegance for these events. Anyway, bad fashionexpert. Stuffed sausage is right. ha ha ha.

sitting in a chair

Lena said:
a22fm.jpg

At least the King is comfortable .... he looks like he is taking some advantage of the chair back.

Sure glad its one rule for men, and another for women, at least where sitting is concerned !!!

Pictures from Scanpix via Svenska Dagbladet

Attachments

• SvD6.jpg
    SvD6.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 297
  • SvD8.jpg
    SvD8.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 172
  • SvD10.jpg
    SvD10.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 497
  • SvD11.jpg
    SvD11.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 261
  • SvD12.jpg
    SvD12.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 160
  • SvD5.jpg
    SvD5.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 388
  • SvD9.jpg
    SvD9.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Dennism said:
That would not have been good. It would have caused heart attacks to a few males too! ha ha ha. And heart attacks for all of those who want glamour but class and elegance for these events. Anyway, bad fashionexpert. Stuffed sausage is right. ha ha ha.

that fashionexpert..she's become an "icon" in away..and i just cant understand it...mayb her streetstyle is cool...i dont give a damn..but this? oh gosh...she doesnt know what she's talking about...:rolleyes:

and it would have been an even worse dress on madeleine than the one she actually wore...atleast that one was a nice model..im just not so keen on the colour

hrhcp said:
At least the King is comfortable .... he looks like he is taking some advantage of the chair back.

Sure glad its one rule for men, and another for women, at least where sitting is concerned !!!

the king always sit in a funny way on these kind of things..its bound to b atleast one funny pic of how he's sitting..the man turns 60 next year and still doesnt know how to sit in a chair;)

Here you can see how the dessert was served. Pictures by Reuters via Yahoo.

Attachments

• Y13.jpg
    Y13.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 241
  • Y14.jpg
    Y14.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 217
swedishme said:
that fashionexpert..she's become an "icon" in away..and i just cant understand it...mayb her streetstyle is cool...i dont give a damn..but this? oh gosh...she doesnt know what she's talking about...:rolleyes:

O, yes. I've heard of her. I mean those who do casual like you said really shouldn't talk about such events when it comes to fashion. I mean it's like in Music. You generally wouldn't listen to P Diddy talk about John Cage or whomever. ha ha ha. Watch out. I'll be proven wrong and P Diddy is an expert on John Cage...

Dennism said:
O, yes. I've heard of her. I mean those who do casual like you said really shouldn't talk about such events when it comes to fashion. I mean it's like in Music. You generally wouldn't listen to P Diddy talk about John Cage or whomever. ha ha ha. Watch out. I'll be proven wrong and P Diddy is an expert on John Cage...

hehe mayb he is..who knows?
but i see what you're saying and i totally agree with you...i just hope they realize their mistake and DONT use her as the fashion expert the next year:rolleyes:

My two cents worth :

I see a trend here .... with the Princesses dresses ... a few years ago they were plain. Then the last two years there was a beginning with pattern. This year, finally some good looking dresses for the two. And delightful tiara's too.

The one looking a bit dowdy now is the Queen. But at least the contrast she provides makes her daughters look good.

And a minor point to some writers here .... have we become cynical or are we becoming jaundiced? ... inview of comments like the dress is too plain and so on.
Perhaps it is one thing to have to go repeatedly to this event, but each year it is a new bunch of Bobel Lauterates, if you see my point?

In regards to Madeleine .... her face is a marvel to behold. When she smiles, she lights up the world about her.

Victoria ... seems to have come into her own. Her smile at the dinner bespeaks confidence.

Nary a comment read about Carl Philip .... oh boo hoo hoo !!! :(

- I thought Victoria looked wonderful. great makeup, great hair, great tiara. she smiled so sweetly. she seemed realy happy. i like the way the necklace matched the sash around her dress. that was different from what she usually wears. Victoria can still keep us guessing.

personally I would have preferred to see thicker straps on the dress. so much fabric and jewelry around the rest of her body and then just little spagetti straps on the shoulders-it seems asymetrical to me.

- Madeleine looked good too. not much to say about the dress, it was pretty. I thought her hair looked wonderful. it was very well done and the tiara was well situated in it today-that's an area she's struggled with in the past.

-Lilian-hmm...well she is still the only bernadotte who manages to wear the six button tiara well. kudos to her for that. the design of the dress was lovely, but I dont like that puke green color on anyone and Lilian is no exception.

-Silvia-delightful to see her wearing her wedding crown again. it's been languishing in the safe for too long. the color of her dress was fantastic. very regal. personally I dont think at her age her necklines should plunge that deeply, but that is just me. also, I thought she'd used too much eyebrow pencil. it made her look a bit severe.

anyway, all in all absolutely delightful royal Nobel. good work, ladies! can't wait till next year.

swedishme said:
why does everyone keep forgetting princess Christina?

because she wasn't sitting on the platform with the rest of the family and there are next to no photos of her today.

pollyemma said:
- I thought Victoria looked wonderful. great makeup, great hair, great tiara. she smiled so sweetly. she seemed realy happy. i like the way the necklace matched the sash around her dress. that was different from what she usually wears. Victoria can still keep us guessing.

personally I would have preferred to see thicker straps on the dress. so much fabric and jewelry around the rest of her body and then just little spagetti straps on the shoulders-it seems asymetrical to me.

- Madeleine looked good too. not much to say about the dress, it was pretty. I thought her hair looked wonderful. it was very well done and the tiara was well situated in it today-that's an area she's struggled with in the past.

-Lilian-hmm...well she is still the only bernadotte who manages to wear the six button tiara well. kudos to her for that. the design of the dress was lovely, but I dont like that puke green color on anyone and Lilian is no exception.

-Silvia-delightful to see her wearing her wedding crown again. it's been languishing in the safe for too long. the color of her dress was fantastic. very regal. personally I dont think at her age her necklines should plunge that deeply, but that is just me. also, I thought she'd used too much eyebrow pencil. it made her look a bit severe.

anyway, all in all absolutely delightful royal Nobel. good work, ladies! can't wait till next year.

It was interesting how most people thought that the tiaras and the jewelry were fine this year. That often is not the case. Normally, people have big complaints about the tiaras especially. I knew I recognized the Wedding crown. I watched the Wedding video last night. I knew it looked familiar. Yes, a rather steep neckline indeed. Not that one side of me is complaining...

I really like Madeline and Victoria´s dresess. Perhpas Victoria need a bit suntan couse she looks pale in a white dress, however they were beautiful
I love Madeline hair! She has such a pretty hair and her hair looks better down IMO.
I don´t like Queen Silvia dress i don´t know it was too blue so shocking.
Carl-Philip as hot as always :D

pollyemma said:
because she wasn't sitting on the platform with the rest of the family and there are next to no photos of her today.

i know she wasn't coz she's not a member of the royal family...
but she was sitting very near the center of the long table..bit odd there arent any pix...:rolleyes:

Dennism said:
It was interesting how most people thought that the tiaras and the jewelry were fine this year. That often is not the case. Normally, people have big complaints about the tiaras especially.

well maybe because none of V and M got the bloody button tiaras? :p its Lillian and Christina who got them this year... and sumhow..people seem to agree that the 6 button tiara fits lillian (and i think that too) its much better on her than on M for example...
and well it seems like no one even noticed Christina but she got the 4 button one and i was soooooooooo happy when i saw that (coz she was first in the concert house and that ment that neither V or M could wear it..)

but the jewellery was kinda good this year..i just think the saphires had been nicer on the queen coz it would suit the dress better..and well M should have picked another necklance..but maybe thats just me...:rolleyes:

Pictures from Pressens Bild via Swedish Television (SVT).

Princess Madeleine seemed to have a great time with the Bishop Emeritus (that's what former Bishops are titled in Sweden at least, not sure if it's the same in Norway?) of Oslo :)

Attachments

• SVT28.jpg
    SVT28.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 332
  • SVT30.jpg
    SVT30.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 301
  • SVT29.jpg
    SVT29.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 344
  • SVT27.jpg
    SVT27.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 240
I really loved Madeleines dress, very nice patterns on it to and I think that the color was good. Victoria was also perfect in both dress, hair and jewellery. The train on her dress seemed magnificent on tv does anybody have a better pic of the backside?

GrandDuchess said:
Princess Madeleine seemed to have a great time with the Bishop Emeritus

What sash is the Bishop Emeritus wearing?

Pictures by Pressens Bild via Dagens Nyheter

Attachments

• DN2.jpg
    DN2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 245
  • DN3.jpg
    DN3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 182
  • DN4.jpg
    DN4.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 213
  • DN5.jpg
    DN5.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 329
  • DN6.jpg
    DN6.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 219
  • DN7.jpg
    DN7.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 302
  • DN8.jpg
    DN8.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 358
Madeleine seemed kind of "lost" at the ceremony but seemed to loosen up and smile more at the dinner. Maybe she was hungry at the ceremony? Or maybe it was the wine....:D. I like Victoria and Madeleine's dresses. I think it was more about the subtle, beautiful detail. Not a fan of the button tiaras, but I think Madeleine should have experimented with the six button tiara. The fringe one has been used so many times! Madeleine and Victoria both looked beautiful but Madeleine's hair should go up and maybe Victoria's should go down? Lilian looked gorgeous but not a fan of Silvia's whole look this year. But I'm very happy that the whole family attended!

I am so mad, I had to work so I missed the webcast. But I want to thank all of you for the pictures. I love what Madeleine and Victoria wore. (Althought I didn't like the lacey stuff on Madeleine's shoulders.) They looked very classic.:D Are there anymore picturs Of Carl Philip. There don't seem to be many at all.:(

swedishme said:
and well it seems like no one even noticed Christina but she got the 4 button one and i was soooooooooo happy when i saw that (coz she was first in the concert house and that ment that neither V or M could wear it..)
:rolleyes:

can you imagine...Victoria, Madeleine and Christina fighting over who gets to wear the four-button tiara? it's terrible.

i could envision myself coming to blows with someone to snag the Baden tiara for myself. but the four button!:eek: I'd say, "take it. it's all yours, baby!"

O, the criticism of this tiara. I wonder what it did to all of you. Maybe you should just ignore it and it will go away...:D

Back
Top Bottom