The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lena said:
a114zc.jpg

kung hösäck...
sorry..cant translate that..
he'll just never learn how to sit in a chair ..will he? haha;)

well im thrilled that victoria chose to wear that tiara..its my fave tiara...and i her hair looks great and i like the model of the dress and all..but the colour suck. it would have been nice with a colour on her...dark red or purple or so... maybe i missed something, but i havent seen the necklance before on victoria so i think it was really nice to see her in that necklance instead of one of the "usual"

madeleine..aaaaaargh! she looks soo bored and the colour of the dress doesnt help. grey? what is she thinkin with... that dress had been soo nice in any colour really but esp a blue shade *my opinion atleast* and whats with the hair? couldnt she have curled it a bit atleast? *hmm* ah well..at least she picked the nice tiara...

the queen...people here keeps saying its recycled..i havent seen it before and i think its great...def my fave dress of the evening (and the only one with colour..) but as someone said (dunno who) the jewellery doesnt go with it..the saphires would have been better...

lillian..nice model, nice colour ...and im glad she picked one of the "button tiaras" because that means non of the other princesses can have it.. :p and the button tiaras really fit her..but i think it would have been interesting with sum deatils on the dress in a darker shade of green or so...

princess christina, just cought a quick glimps of her..sum black/darkgreyish dress with something that sparkeled...so boring i hardly even remember it..but her dresses usually are like that ..but she was the first of the royals in the concert house and i was sooooo happy when i saw the four button tiara on her head..coz i really feared that victoria would have it...(dont like those tiaras, esp not on victoria)

i am starting to like victorias and madeleines dresses
and are not to sure if it would looked better in stronger colours in the design

Josefine said:
i am starting to like victorias and madeleines dresses
and are not to sure if it would looked better in stronger colours in the design

ok...not strong then..but pale shades? pink,blue, yellow..anything? :p *sorry..i just cant help it*..i just think its booooooooooooooooooooooooring, even tho they look geat

couldnt madeleine atleast have picked a necklance with some stones in...(with colour) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m quite impressed this year.

Fashion notes:
I really love Victoria’s gown. It’s so pretty, and as people have mentioned, the waist looks lovely and is a nice addition. In this photo (courtesy of Dennism), you can even see her shoes. Oh how I love those shoes! Thank goodness she didn’t wear a colour where those white shoes were appropriate. I would have screamed and cried. Lilian looks so sweet. Every time I see her, I want to give her a big hug. Green looks good on her. I’m also impressed with Silvia too. I was expecting something ‘dowdy’ (;)) but I think the style is good. I would prefer it if I could pick out her outfit, but she looks pretty nonetheless. I also like the bold blue. Really stands out. Madeleine’s gown is also really nice too. It looks like it has satin or something underneath, and embroidered silk organza over the top.

Overall, I’m very happy with the fashions of the evening, and of course, that’s the most important thing. :rolleyes:

More pictures from the Nobel Prize Awarding Ceremony and Banquet! Pictures 1-5 are by Pressens Bild via Swedish Television (SVT) and pictures 6-9 are by Pressens Bild via Polfoto.

Attachments

• SVT12.jpg
    SVT12.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 200
  • SVT13.jpg
    SVT13.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 253
  • SVT14.jpg
    SVT14.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 326
  • SVT11.jpg
    SVT11.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 169
  • P3.jpg
    P3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 235
  • P2.jpg
    P2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 224
  • P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 280
  • SVT15.jpg
    SVT15.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 296
  • P4.jpg
    P4.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
swedishme said:
couldnt madeleine atleast have picked a necklance with some stones in...(with colour) ?

do you have a necklace in mind? maybe the necklace victoria wore for new year 2000 we have not seen that for many years

do you think madelienes dress is the 2004 dress we never saw

interesting though is that lots of you seem to think that tiara = hair up
(i agree) n i read that some arent tooooo keen on Madeleine's hair 2nite...but miss "faishonexpert" Ebba von Sydow(whom i cant stand) keeps saying "have the hair down down down DOWN"... what is she thinkin with? :confused:

More from Getty:

Attachments

• 56412023G.jpeg
    56412023G.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 235
  • 56412020G.jpeg
    56412020G.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 56412029G.jpeg
    56412029G.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 56412027g.jpeg
    56412027g.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 197
  • 56412026G.jpeg
    56412026G.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 56412025G.jpeg
    56412025G.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 335
swedishme said:
interesting though is that lots of you seem to think that tiara = hair up
(i agree) n i read that some arent tooooo keen on Madeleine's hair 2nite...but miss "faishonexpert" Ebba von Sydow(whom i cant stand) keeps saying "have the hair down down down DOWN"... what is she thinkin with? :confused:
I was actually thinking that it would be better if she had her hair up too. She always seems to have her hair down for gala events.

Attachments

• 56411944G.jpeg
    56411944G.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 56412017G.jpeg
    56412017G.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 56412018G.jpeg
    56412018G.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 56412019G.jpeg
    56412019G.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 209
Josefine said:
do you have a necklace in mind? maybe the necklace victoria wore for new year 2000 we have not seen that for many years

do you think madelienes dress is the 2004 dress we never saw

yeah i got one in mind..but i dont have any pix of it...lost my collection of pix a while back...

dont know which necklance you mean though...:rolleyes:

mmm i wouldn't be surprised if its that dress...and it could explain the "lets go pale thing" too..coz last year both victora and silvia wore a bit more "strong" colours so it would have looked nice with this pale colour next to theirs...

Danielle said:
I was actually thinking that it would be better if she had her hair up too. She always seems to have her hair down for gala events.

*great someone agrees :)*

yeaaah she should be saying "up up up" ...esp her own hair..i think its a total disaster..ok madeleine keeps her hair down alot..we are getting used to it..but what if victoria would come with the hair down next year?! coz she listened to ebba:confused:

Getty is the gift that keeps on producing...

Captions?...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=219465&d=1134247668

"I knew I should not have had another pancake for breakfast. Those pancakes. They are so thin. You think you can eat so many of them."

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=219466&d=1134247668

"What are you looking at? So I ate too many pancakes. Everybody does it once in a while."

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=219468&d=1134247668

"Victoria: What do you mean we have to do circus tricks?
Silvia: Look, it says it right here in the program..."

Attachments

• 56412057G.jpeg
    56412057G.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 56412065G.jpeg
    56412065G.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 56412064G.jpeg
    56412064G.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 366
  • 56412062G.jpeg
    56412062G.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 56412060G.jpeg
    56412060G.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 289
  • 56412059G.jpeg
    56412059G.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 576
she's not a royal..but what do u think of anitra steens "outfit"..big fluffy hair and a red dress..and sum bland earrings..and no other jewellery what so ever...

i think it makes her look poor...(like she cant afford even a simple necklance)...next to the royals

Danielle said:
:D I wonder what they were really saying. Hmm. Or maybe Victoria couldn't understand what Silvia was saying so she decided to show her, except that Victoria didn't wear her contacts.

lol..maybe;)

Pictures from the Nobel Banquet by Pressens Bild and Stella Pictures via Expressen

Attachments

• E19.jpg
    E19.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 152
  • E18.jpg
    E18.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 265
  • E16.jpg
    E16.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 327
  • E15.jpg
    E15.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 346
  • E12.jpg
    E12.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 270
  • E11.jpg
    E11.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 225
  • E10.jpg
    E10.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 180
  • E14.jpg
    E14.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 237
  • E22.jpg
    E22.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 189
  • E20.jpg
    E20.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
I think this is the best I've seen the ladies look. All of them. Lilian is my favorite, and Madeleine is a close second. Bravo!! But has anyone seen Princess Christina? I know she was supposed to be there tonight.

Pictures by Pressens Bild via Swedish Television (SVT)

Attachments

• SVT16.jpg
    SVT16.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 247
  • SVT17.jpg
    SVT17.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 364
  • SVT18.jpg
    SVT18.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 161
  • SVT19.jpg
    SVT19.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 207
  • SVT20.jpg
    SVT20.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 283
  • SVT19 (Freivalds).jpg
    SVT19 (Freivalds).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 215
Thank you, Swedishme and Danielle. Yes, I hate the watermarks too. Yes, I agree about Anitra. Goran should buy her a nice necklace! Here are some more from Getty. Photos 7 and 9 are just so beautiful...

Attachments

• G6.jpeg
    G6.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 179
  • G9.jpeg
    G9.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 393
  • G8.jpeg
    G8.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 210
  • G7.jpeg
    G7.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 225
  • G5.jpeg
    G5.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 232
  • G4.jpeg
    G4.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 183
  • G3.jpeg
    G3.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 164
  • G2.jpeg
    G2.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 244
  • G1.jpeg
    G1.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 208
  • G10.jpeg
    G10.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 238
First of all Anitra Steen and PM Persson always look very sweet together, is she wearing the same dress she wore last year:confused:

Silvia, boring, the dress makes her look broad somehow and the tiara really does not help, she should have worn the sapphires to sparkel it up a little. Did she not wear this dress on the statevisit to Finland?

Lilian, she is so sweet yet rather fragile looking, I dont really care what she wear she always looks sweet, she even manages to make that awfull button creation look respectable.

Madleine looked bored out of her mind at the ceremony but very sweet and happy at the dinner, Im glad she dressed her age this time, she is till young and those severe chignons and all covered up dresses does nothing for her. I like her dress, its not WOW but she looks good in it.

Victoria really looks perfect from the neck up, I think the colour of the dress washes her out and makes her arms look very buff

I wish I had been able to see the ceremony live and not just pictures:(

Last edited:
Larzen said:
she even manages to make that awfull button creation look respectable.

Victoria really looks perfect from the neck up, I think the colour of the dress washes her out and makes her arms look very buff

yay..finally someone who thinks the button tiara(s) are awful!!! :) *hate them* ...but sumhow..lillian makes them look "ok"

and i maintain that victoria should know by now that colour fit her...not this "iceblueish"shade

Danielle said:
Yes, what is with the flowers on the head? I mean, the girls look okay, but the guys have flowers that one would normally put in a vase, sticking out of their head. :confused:

just their way on how to decorate the tables this year..i think its crap..the flowers should be there from the beginning..it just looks look like some kind of clowns or so:rolleyes:

Pictures from Pressens Bild via Swedish Television (SVT)

In picture 3 you can see the Mistress of the Robes (behind the PM's wife, Anitra Steen, in red), one of the few non-royals who usually wear a tiara at special occasions like the Nobel. Picture 4 is of the Party Leader of the Center Party (in an awful purple dress :eek:, it makes her look buff, and I think "German beer girl at Oktober fest"...), picture 5 is of the President of Swedish Television and her husband, picture 6 is of the Party Leader of the Moderate Party (Conservatives) and his wife.

Attachments

• SVT21.jpg
    SVT21.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 291
  • SVT22.jpg
    SVT22.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 288
  • SVT23.jpg
    SVT23.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 256
  • SVT24.jpg
    SVT24.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 312
  • SVT25.jpg
    SVT25.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 224
  • SVT26.jpg
    SVT26.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Wow, those are some bright dresses especially that purple one. More from Getty:

Attachments

• g11.jpeg
    g11.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 242
  • g12.jpeg
    g12.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 203
  • G13.jpeg
    G13.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 210
  • G14.jpeg
    G14.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 265
GrandDuchess said:
In picture 3 you can see the Mistress of the Robes (behind the PM's wife, Anitra Steen, in red), one of the few non-royals who usually wear a tiara at special occasions like the Nobel.

she doesn't this time though..nooo jewellery what so ever...except some cheap earrings...

Picture 4 is of the Party Leader of the Center Party (in an awful purple dress :eek:, it makes her look buff, and I think "German beer girl at Oktober fest...)

maud olfsson def got the coolest colour of the evening in my opinion..not so sure bout the model of the dress though..she look like a stuffed sausage:rolleyes:

The banquet's dinner is over now, the Table of Honour are leaving in procession up through the stairs. The dance in the Golden Hall will soon begin, and the Royal Family are heading for the Prince's Gallery where they will chat with the Laureates and their families during the evening.

Back
Top Bottom