The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked the dresses, but I also think Victoria and Madeleine could better have used some color. I like the embroidery on Victoria's dress though... just adore Lilians dress, she really looks great in it. She may be the eldest, but she looked the loveliest... :)

Thanks to all who posted the pictures!

some more from ANP

Attachments

• 3260931.jpg
    3260931.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 3260925.jpg
    3260925.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 248
  • 3260928.jpg
    3260928.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 3260924.jpg
    3260924.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 3260918.jpg
    3260918.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 3261005.jpg
    3261005.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
My review (still under the influence of the yearly sparkled wine:rolleyes: )

The loveliest and most regal one was Lilian. For the other ladies the motto must have been "pimp up my boobs"
For Victoria the colour of the dress is too pale. She has though chosen the best Tiara of her usual Tiaras.
Madeleine could really work with her facial expression at such events (church events included)
I agree with GrandDuchess Mamma...I hope Carl Philip gets an extra portion at the moment ;)

Lena said:
My review (still under the influence of the yearly sparkled wine:rolleyes: )

The loveliest and most regal one was Lilian. For the other ladies the motto must have been "pimp up my boobs"
For Victoria the colour of the dress is too pale. She has though chosen the best Tiara of her usual Tiaras.
Madeleine could really work with her facial expression at such events (church events included)
I agree with GrandDuchess Mamma...I hope Carl Philip gets an extra portion at the moment ;)

ha ha ha. You are too funny, Lena. Yes, I agree with Lilian. She doesn't get enough credit. Maybe you should send a care package to CP. Lots of Italian food or köttbullar..

a couple more from newscom

Attachments

• rtrlive147326.jpg
    rtrlive147326.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 264
  • rtrlive147333.jpg
    rtrlive147333.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 312
  • rtrlive147478.jpg
    rtrlive147478.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 222
Everyone's dresses were pretty, but I wish they would have worn more colors. The detail on Victoria's waist is gorgeous.

this one probably will be an "almost" 2002 scandal...

although victoria & madeleine's dresses are white & pale, but taking closer looks.. i realized the details are beautiful... i think they want to go for mature & elegant look this year..

Last edited:

Menu from the Nobel Banquet 2005

MENU

Pannacotta d´écrevisses avec omble chevalier,
coquilles Saint-Jacques et langoustines

Poitrine de perdrix des neiges
en robe forestière et sa garniture,
gâteau de pommes de terre,
sauce Normande

Mousse citronnée garnie de framboises,
coulis de framboises arctiques

VINS
Pommery Grand Cru Vintage 1995
Champagne

Penfolds RWT 2001
Barossa Valley

Le Dauphin de Guiraud 2002
Sauternes

Café
Remy Martin VSOP
Cointreau

Eau minérale Ramlösa

Translation (English):

Crayfish panna cotta with fennel-baked Arctic char, scallops and Norway lobster on baby lettuce

Ptarmigan breast baked in horn of plenty mushrooms with caramelised apples, poached onions and broad beans, served with Calvados sauce and potato cake

Lemon and yoghurt mousse with Arctic bramble marmalade, fresh raspberries and raspberry-Arctic bramble sauce​

Getty Images

Attachments

• b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 199
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 261
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 157
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 279
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 187
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 173
Pictures from the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony by Pressens Bild and Scanpix via Swedish Television (SVT)

Attachments

• SVT1.jpg
    SVT1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 223
  • SVT10.jpg
    SVT10.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 271
  • SVT2.jpg
    SVT2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 279
  • SVT3.jpg
    SVT3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 248
  • SVT4.jpg
    SVT4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 309
  • SVT5.jpg
    SVT5.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 379
  • SVT6.jpg
    SVT6.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 285
  • SVT8.jpg
    SVT8.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 213
  • SVT9.jpg
    SVT9.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
I like the neutral colours of their dresses, think they looked very elegant

GrandDuchess said:

Menu from the Nobel Banquet 2005

MENU

Pannacotta d´écrevisses avec omble chevalier,
coquilles Saint-Jacques et langoustines

Poitrine de perdrix des neiges
en robe forestière et sa garniture,
gâteau de pommes de terre,
sauce Normande

Mousse citronnée garnie de framboises,
coulis de framboises arctiques

VINS
Pommery Grand Cru Vintage 1995
Champagne

Penfolds RWT 2001
Barossa Valley

Le Dauphin de Guiraud 2002
Sauternes

Café
Remy Martin VSOP
Cointreau

Eau minérale Ramlösa

Translation (English):

Crayfish panna cotta with fennel-baked Arctic char, scallops and Norway lobster on baby lettuce

Ptarmigan breast baked in horn of plenty mushrooms with caramelised apples, poached onions and broad beans, served with Calvados sauce and potato cake

Lemon and yoghurt mousse with Arctic bramble marmalade, fresh raspberries and raspberry-Arctic bramble sauce​

Thank you for translating. That sounds yummy. Arctic bramble marmalade and ptarmigan with Crayfish and lobster. Very much a Northern menu. I like it. Potato cakes are good too. Very Swedish with carmelized apples too.:)

getty images

Attachments

• b10.jpg
    b10.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 338
  • b9.jpg
    b9.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 215
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 224
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 239
GrandDuchess said:

VINS
Penfolds RWT 2001
Barossa Valley
Wow! Australian wine is served in Sweden? I didn't even think that would happen!;)

Getty Images

Attachments

• b11.jpg
    b11.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 225
  • b12.jpg
    b12.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 226
  • b13.jpg
    b13.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 196
  • b14.jpg
    b14.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 169
Layla1971 said:
Wow! Australian wine is served in Sweden? I didn't even think that would happen!;)
Didn't the King and Queen visit a winery in Barossa Valley on their State Visit? Maybe that's why the Nobel Foundation serves this particular wine tonight, with Their Majesties visit in mind.

I really love Crown Princess Victoria's dress! It comes out much better during the banquet, it wasn't made justice in the Concert Hall earlier tonight. The Crown Princess looks spectacular, wow! Her hair is great, the tiara is one of my favourites, and the train is very elegant. Superb!

The colour is the only thing I can really remark on, I like her in more colour, but this colour is okay too.

Last edited:
Layla1971 said:

Well, Australian wine has a very good reputation. And since 2 winners are Australians, it doesn´t surprise me.

Last edited:
Pictures from the Nobel Award Ceremony and Banquet from Reuters via Yahoo

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 346
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
Didn't the King and Queen visit a winery in Barossa Valley on their State Visit? Maybe that's why the Nobel Foundation serves this particular wine tonight, with Their Majesties visit in mind.

I really love Crown Princess Victoria's dress! It comes out much better during the banquet, it wasn't made justice in the Concert Hall earlier tonight. The Crown Princess looks spectacular, wow! Her hair is great, the tiara is one of my favourites, and the train is very elegant. Superb!

Yes, they did visit a Barossa Valley vineyard on the trip to Australia. So that was indeed nice of them to use such a wine for the Nobel dinner. Yes, her hair looks great. I like that hairstyle for her. No more scrunchies! :D

Last edited:
Pictures from the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony by Stella Pictures and Pressens Bild via Expressen

Attachments

• E2.jpg
    E2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 328
  • E9.jpg
    E9.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 274
  • E8.jpg
    E8.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 216
  • E7.jpg
    E7.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 268
  • E6.jpg
    E6.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 257
  • E5.jpg
    E5.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 215
  • E4.jpg
    E4.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 281
  • E3.jpg
    E3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 347
  • E1.jpg
    E1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 367
To me it seemed that Victoria was the one that looked like the Queen this time. Silvia starts to look "old" somehow (well, she is not 35 anymore...) and Victoria looks so young and regal next to her. Nevertheless, everyone looked really nice!

Well, Australian wine has a very good reputation. And since 2 winners are Australians, it doesn´t surprise me.

Barossa Valley is in South Australia, an hour from Adelaide so maybe they did. It's funny. I saw Barossa Valley in a store just last week. It's a small world.

I remember seeing a photo of the King and Queen's visit to that winery, it was cold and raining, yet the Queen still looked great.

It's nice that my country's food/wine has a good reputation overseas, even a decade ago we couldn't have said that!;)

I loved Lillian's choice of lime green - it was a great color among so many neutral ones. Victoria's dress was beautiful, I love the embroidery, and the hair & tiara.
Silvia's dress was a little to low in the front IMO, and the dress seemed very awkward (it's the only word I can think of at the moment!), and I liked the overall look of Madeleine's dress - it suits her light hair, and was a 'safe' choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
More from Getty at the Dinner:

Attachments

• Getty1.jpeg
    Getty1.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,208
  • getty2.jpeg
    getty2.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 334
  • getty3.jpeg
    getty3.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 253
  • getty4.jpeg
    getty4.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 245
  • getty5.jpeg
    getty5.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 264
  • getty6.jpeg
    getty6.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 217
I really liked Victorias dress and the color is great on her I think, have been wanting her to wear something white for long time now... (even though they called it light blue on the tv). She´s the queen for the night i agree, Silvia I don´t like that much this year, I agree that she looked old today and the dress is not her best and I don´t think that the cameo jewels mached the dress. Madeleines dress also looked lovely but I haven´t seen that much of it yet so I´ll have to wait a bit with the judgement on that. Lillian looked lovely as usual. Now back to the tv, must be time for the dessert soon :)

Back
Top Bottom