The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually like that brown/green/whatever colour dress. I can't see it too clearly, but I think it's pretty. I mean, I know you can't get a new dress all the time, but it would be nice once in a while to have something new.

carlota said:
i actually liked how they all looked. loved the detail of victoria's dress in the waist and madeleine looked as gorgeous as always (although i prefered much more her lovely golden dress of 2003). however, it was nice seeing all of them. lillian, despite her age, manages to look wonderful everytime. she is such a lovely lady... the hairdos were absolutely lovely. nobody better than the swedish royals for those. they look extremely well done.

I agree! I don't see anything bland about Victoria's or Madeleine's gowns.

Oopie commented on the bearded gentleman with the smile. His eyes are slits so I have no idea of where the eyes are focused or where they were focused. Enough to make a physicist figure out the grand unified theory of everything or solve the enigma of dark matter. Nuff said!;)

Dennism said:
While I agree that the color is not good, if she wore her hair like she does in either of these two photos, she will look great in it despite its color. I like her hair like that. I mean that up down look in the second one and the tied back look in the second one. By the way, here are some photos of Madeleine in the dress that she wore for the wedding(actually, the dinner. For the wedding itself, she wore a suit.) of the crown prince and princess of the Netherlands and for the innocence ball of 2003:

i think this dress on madeleine is soooooooo great...and it would be interesting to see how it looks with the six button tiara..even tho i hate that tiara...:rolleyes:

Finally...the horror in pics ;) Face to Face
I hope we get to see the Queen, Lilian and Christina later as well

Attachments

• a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 374
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 273
  • a9.jpg
    a9.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 305
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 228
Lena said:
Finally...the horror in pics ;) Face to Face
I hope we get to see the Queen, Lilian and Christina later as well

madeleine looks great...but i still DONT like that tiara..but at least she got a necklance worth calling necklance this time

n victoria!?!??! *run and hides*

beautifull

Carl Philip was so cut....It's so sorry there are no many photo

Madeleine are very beautifull but I prefer when she weare tiara with her hair up like that http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/lilougeri/Mad.jpg . On the picture she has the same dress but I don't know when it was. Do you help me ?

Lilian, Silvia and Victoria are really great... I love nobel.:)

i thought Princess Madeleine weren't scheduled to attend the dinner, but i'm glad they did...
well, after light & pale colour on nobel night, now it's dark colour.. but they all look beautiful after all....

Royalcourt has a set of 4...and some informations:
160 guests were invited, among them the winners, represents of the government and parliament, members of the Norwegian and Swedish Nobel committe and board (among them Madeleine´s new friend bishop emeritus Gunnar Stålsett ;) )
The guests were received in Vita Havet with bonfires and Orichids in big vases. The board for dinner in Karl XI´s gallery was decorated with flowers in nordish cool winter colours.

http://www.royalcourt.se/kungafamiljen/aktuellahandelser/aktuellahandelserarkiv/5.396c7107359daaf480007922.html

The woman in the last picture is countess Sonja Bernadotte with her son count Björn Bernadotte.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 273
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 405
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 284
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
A set from UKPress

Attachments

• a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 233
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 630
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 234
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 264
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 270
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 254
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 287
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 311
does any1 know which tiara it is Lillian is wearing?

and what happened with all the lovely colourful dresses we usually c the ladies in?! :(

lilou said:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/lilougeri/Mad.jpg . On the picture she has the same dress but I don't know when it was. Do you help me ?

I don´t think the dress from Saturday and the dress in the picture are the same. The space between the flowers looked bigger on Saturday and it doesn´t look as if one simply could sew on this falderal at the shoulders :confused:

She is wearing the Norwegian St Olavs sash so its from the Norwegian visit in september, she wore the pink lace dress from Frederiks wedding, the scan just shows it more grey than it is. Different dresses, although similar:D

The King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates yesterday

Princess Madeleine looked absolutely fabulous at the King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates, wow! She looks absolutely fantastic! And what a great necklace she has, it really fits her quite modern and elegant dress.

I wish I could say the same about her sister, Crown Princess Victoria, but I really can't. Victoria looks like she's in the "repeat" mode, we've seen this kind of style too many times already. There's nothing new or uplifting about it at all...

I love the colour on Princess Lilian's dress, but too bad there's not a good picture of the whole dress so one could see the model better...

Nice to see Countess Sonja Bernadotte af Wisborg and her son Björn. I wish we would've seen more of them... Sonja was interviewed by Swedish Television (SVT) shortly during the banquet, but I haven't seen any pictures of her from that event.

There are many beautiful pictures, one can say for sure, princess Victoria looks happy and radiant. Looks more fit than her sister and more relaxed. Seems to me that 2006 will be the one she will get finally engaged, if it does not happen in 2005.

Here are a few more pictures from the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony in the Concert Hall and the Banquet at the City Hall this past Saturday.

Pictures 1-4 are from Reuters and pictures 5-9 are from All Over, all via Aftonbladet.

Attachments

• 1, Reuters.JPG
    1, Reuters.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 2, Reuters.JPG
    2, Reuters.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 10, Reuters.JPG
    10, Reuters.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 11, Reuters.JPG
    11, Reuters.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 268
  • 3, All Over.JPG
    3, All Over.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 4, All Over.JPG
    4, All Over.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 321
  • 5, All Over.JPG
    5, All Over.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 6, All Over.JPG
    6, All Over.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,969
  • 7, All Over.JPG
    7, All Over.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 220
Yesterday King's dinner:
- Madeleine - I love dress but hate this tiara:mad: To big for her, looks terrible.
- Victoria - I hate both - tiara and dress. She looks dark:mad:
- Silvia - quite o.k. I love her tiara (I want to see Victoria with that).
- Lillian - like Silvia.

What I can say ... What a huge difference between Sunday (great) and Saturday (terrible)!!! I must say that these Ladies doesn't KNOW or LIKE COLOURS:mad:

another picture of Princess Cristina on nobel banquet
(photo from face to face)

I liked victoria's dress for the king's dinner. it wasnt really spectacular like her nobel dress but it was still quite pretty.
it went very well with her tiara. which is great because that tiara is kinda tricky.

madeleine was a disaster. the six button tiara looked even worse this time than the last time she wore it. it looks like a strange bejweled appendage has sprung up out of her hair.

i also wish she'd worn the dark blue choker that she usually wears with this dress. it "pulls" the look together.

carl-phillip looked as dashing as ever.

sweet Madeleine carrying a rose... i wonder from who? ;)

(photos from face to face)

I like Princess Madeleine a lot, but not at the 2nd Nobel gala: Too overdone, and she should either leave the Six button tiara alone or get her hairdresser to place it differently. By comparison, her aquamarine tiara might be a forgettable piece in terms of jewelry, but it always looks totally charming on her. :)
In contrast to others I really like the cut-steel tiara on Victoria! The dress is just DARK indeed, plus the top just doesn't fit! When she first wore it she must have been a bit heavier... ;)
I don't know what drove her, but Queen Silvia presented last year's Main Nobel dress again - which she already wore before to the 2nd gala in 2003! It's still beautiful, but after countless sightings of it all over the world over the past years I don't ever want to see it again. Maybe dry cleaning could ruin it...? :D I agree with Larzen's very witty 'rant' posted earlier - not ONE new evening gown all this year for the Queen?? It's a joke...!

magnik said:
Yesterday King's dinner:
- Madeleine - I love dress but hate this tiara:mad: To big for her, looks terrible.
- Victoria - I hate both - tiara and dress. She looks dark:mad:
- Silvia - quite o.k. I love her tiara (I want to see Victoria with that).
- Lillian - like Silvia.

mmm i agree with you...although i gotta say im soooo happy NONE of them wore the 4 button tiara...

It is amazing how the queen uses this dress over and over and for the same event, since 2003!

purple_platinum said:
sweet Madeleine carrying a rose... i wonder from who? ;)

either from the nobel winner..which ever it was she had as her dinner partner or from the bishop (he sat on her other side)

the entertainment at the dinner was a choir..and one of the thing the choir did was go around and offer the guests to buy a rose and pay for it with a "nobelcoin" (the medal in chocolate) which was at the table... and if someone bought a rose..they serenaded the person who received it..i head them sing "Kristallen Den Fina" on the telly (for one of the red politicians who got the rose from a blue one :p )

Perhaps this thread should be called "Let's rip apart the royal ladies". The constant negative and demeaning rants about everyones appearance and the use of such word as "hate' and so on is making this thread and also most threads about the swedish royals very unpleasant to visit. The anomymity of a discussion board should not discard normal rules about courtesies and manners.

grevinnan said:
Perhaps this thread should be called "Let's rip apart the royal ladies". The constant negative and demeaning rants about everyones appearance and the use of such word as "hate' and so on is making this thread and also most threads about the swedish royals very unpleasant to visit. The anomymity of a discussion board should not discard normal rules about courtesies and manners.

or people simply have very strong opinions about it:rolleyes: if u dont like it..u dont need to read it though

I don´t like Victoria dress. It is too dark , bad choise IMO
Madeline´s tiara is ugly she should left it at home. But the dress is nice, i love blue.
Silvia dress is better than the blue one.
Carl-Philp:hot :D

I consider the comment of 'grevinnan' to be a case of humor failure.
Commenting on clothes & jewelry is not to be taken that deadly serious, IMHO.
Plus: Especially the Nobel Ceremony is mostly about the APPEARANCE of the Royal Family which includes all 'superficial' matters of fashion. It is not a memorial service for someone or the site of the Tsunami on Thailand where their role is quite a different one - and no-one here would focus on their choice of clothing on those occasions! But when it comes to strictly glittering affairs, the focus on the glitter along with well-meant and mostly very amusing comments is absolutely legitimate.

Madeleine always looks great, so I like the dress, and the choice of jewelry. Victoria chose a dress that was a little too 'shapeless', but the height of her tiara balanced that out, IMO.
The Queen looks great also, a better choice than the blue dress, that one, IMO, was too awkward looking.

And, about the comments, I agree with Boris. We shouldn't take fashion related comments and opinions too seriously.

Back
Top Bottom