The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 - July 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no Netflix crew inside BP. It was a still photo. So who knows who the photographer was or the circumstances in which it was taken. Netflix seemingly still happy to use it though......................

Last edited:
I figured Harry went to see Charles to make sure he is "protected" and has the "right people around him." (He's done that before.)

He has, with the Queen. Not Charles, so he seemingly has no worry there. If he did, he’s clearly shown he’s not afraid to express it.

Didn't see a Netflix camera crew with Harry so pretty sure it was just a visit with his father.

Agreed. But if resident in BP or CH, Harry could well have filmed on his phone, as he did with his "Freedom flight".

Specifics aside, Harry has demonstrated a willingness to share non-public information for profit, and that must make the close family uncomfortable.

Agreed. But if resident in BP or CH, Harry could well have filmed on his phone, as he did with his "Freedom flight".

Specifics aside, Harry has demonstrated a willingness to share non-public information for profit, and that must make the close family uncomfortable.

That is the bottom line imo.

The simple fact of the matter is Harry has shown a willingness to repeatedly violate his family’s privacy for money and PR. Whether you agree or disagree that he had every right to say/do whatever he wanted- or how egregious what he said/did was- that’s what he has done.

If I were to guess- I’d say Harry is simply, and unsurprisingly, not trusted. And the impact of that is probably wide ranging.

Last edited:
I think Harry's immediate flight to the UK to see KCIII might have been about more than familial love or an eagerness to mend fences.[.....]

That was my immediate thought as well!
I figured the trip may not have had the effect he wanted.

(Really, it seems odd that he flew home immediately; didn't bother to contact a single friend or any other family member?)

It's a long way to go for an extremely short visit.

Right on time for the DM. Which sus, as those photos of Meghan don’t depict the weather in Montecito at the time they said they were taken.

That was my immediate thought as well!
I figured the trip may not have had the effect he wanted.

(Really, it seems odd that he flew home immediately; didn't bother to contact a single friend or any other family member?)

It's a long way to go for an extremely short visit.

That trip was, I believe, to check on his father’s health after a diagnosis of cancer, nothing else. And how do we know that Harry ‘didn’t contact and friend or family member’? And he didn’t fly back immediately. He spent the night in London. It’s media speculation that he stayed at a hotel. They weren’t able to find out where, in spite of all their checking.

Harry could have stayed at Elton John’s house. He and his husband have two houses in the London area. Or with Harry’s surrogate father Mark Dyer and his wife for example. Or with Charlie van Straubenzee and his wife. Plenty of options.

Last edited:
Images of the private area of Buckingham Palace that was shown in the trailer to the Netflix programme had not been available online previously as far as I’m aware. Maybe someone knows differently?

There are of course countless images of the interior of BP, including some in the public domain of private areas, but that is entirely at the discretion of the resident monarch. And in fact many of the images of the private areas are historical rather than contemporary.

Who knows, maybe Netflix asked & was granted permission to use the image. And there again maybe they didn’t. Maybe they didn’t know it was an image inside the private quarters or maybe they did & they just didn’t care. Just like the Daily Mirror notoriously acted many years ago.

After all for the media it's all about the viewer/readership & the money isn't it?

I'd read that Harry wanted to live at Buckingham Palace before the Queen gave him Frogmore. So who else lives there?

According to the media, and who knows if it is true, Harry and Meghan asked the late Queen if they could possibly have an apartment at Windsor Castle when they were newlyweds. I never heard of them wanting to live at BP. Hardly any of the BRF really like BP as a permanent home, regarding it as inconvenient and cold.

It’s now in a state of internal reconstruction and renovation but before the repair programme began, royals like Princess Anne, the then Wessexes and Andrew had flatlets there away from their permanent homes when they had engagements in central London.

Last edited:
According to the media, and who knows if it is true, Harry and Meghan asked if they could possibly have an apartment at Windsor Castle when they were newlyweds. I never heard of them wanting to live at BP. Hardly any of the BRF really like BP as a permanent home, regarding it as inconvenient and cold.

It’s now in a state of internal reconstruction and renovation but before the repair programme began, royals like Princess Anne, the then Wessexes and Andrew had flatlets there away from their permanent homes when they had engagements in central London.

You may be right-I get them mixed up.

Several posts have been removed because they mainly involved tedious rehashing of old grievances. While the moderating team have allowed some leeway in discussions due to the recent news about King Charles, it's time to move on and get back using this thread for discussion of current events.

That is the bottom line imo.

The simple fact of the matter is Harry has shown a willingness to repeatedly violate his family’s privacy for money and PR. Whether you agree or disagree that he had every right to say/do whatever he wanted- or how egregious what he said/did was- that’s what he has done.

If I were to guess- I’d say Harry is simply, and unsurprisingly, not trusted. And the impact of that is probably wide ranging.
Absolutely agree - well said! It’s a real shame, but true IMHO.

Right on time for the DM. Which sus, as those photos of Meghan don’t depict the weather in Montecito at the time they said they were taken.

It is impossible, between today's basic photo editing software and the nature of the photos themselves (mostly at a distance and through the windshield), to determine the actual weather at the time they were taken. Even during an atmospheric river event like the one that has hit Southern California for much of the last week there are periodic sunbreaks. There were a couple of photos that certainly looked to have been taken in sunnier weather but there were others that appeared to be more overcast with an occasional sun peeking through the clouds. Given Meghan's past history with these types of appearances, I'm inclined to think they were taken in the past few days. :flowers:

It is impossible, between today's basic photo editing software and the nature of the photos themselves (mostly at a distance and through the windshield), to determine the actual weather at the time they were taken. Even during an atmospheric river event like the one that has hit Southern California for much of the last week there are periodic sunbreaks. There were a couple of photos that certainly looked to have been taken in sunnier weather but there were others that appeared to be more overcast with an occasional sun peeking through the clouds. Given Meghan's past history with these types of appearances, I'm inclined to think they were taken in the past few days. :flowers:

I don’t know when they were taken or the context on them- if they were willingly taken or intrusive paparazzi photos. We will probably never know. I’m here to ask the real question: was Meghan really drinking coffee out of an open ceramic kitchen mug while driving? How? How does one do that and not spill coffee absolutely everywhere? I thought every person used those mugs at home or work but used a travel mug while driving?

More power to her if she’s got the coordination to do it, but it gave me anxiety on her behalf. One hard brake and you have coffee all over your lap

I don’t know when they were taken or the context on them- if they were willingly taken or intrusive paparazzi photos. We will probably never know. I’m here to ask the real question: was Meghan really drinking coffee out of an open ceramic kitchen mug while driving? How? How does one do that and not spill coffee absolutely everywhere? I thought every person used those mugs at home or work but used a travel mug while driving?

More power to her if she’s got the coordination to do it, but it gave me anxiety on her behalf. One hard brake and you have coffee all over your lap

:lol:

I haven't seen the photos (I try to avoid adding my clicks to the bait) but my first thought would be the same, one tap on the brake and eek, there goes the coffee!

;) Having just survived this most recent atmospheric river event, I can attest that the sun did make an occasional appearance. Today was the first full day of sunshine!

https://people.com/prince-harry-mak...rning-from-uk-to-see-dad-king-charles-8575025

Prince Harry Makes Surprise Appearance at NFL Honors Hours After Returning from U.K. to See Dad King Charles
Prince Harry returned from a quick solo trip to the U.K. to visit his father on Thursday
By Ingrid Vasquez
Published on February 8, 2024 11:11PM EST

Prince Harry made a special appearance at Thursday's NFL Honors to give out the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year to Pittsburgh Steelers defensive tackle Cameron Heyward.​

Last edited:

I must admit the coffee cup was a strange one, how in control of her driving was she. Or maybe she was parked at the side of the road waiting for somebody/ something.

I must admit the coffee cup was a strange one, how in control of her driving was she. Or maybe she was parked at the side of the road waiting for somebody/ something.

In some of the pictures I have seen, it would not have been possible for her to be parked, the car was clearly in motion.

Harry in Vegas was definitely a fun surprise. I wonder if this means he and Meghan will attend the game.

Next week they are in Canada.

Harry also just settled his lawsuit with the mirror.

Very productive few days. Lol

Agreed that we really don't know the context. However, I'd be inclined to believe that one does not smile for the camera when photos are intrusive paparazzi shots, though one likely might if they were willingly taken. So there's that. But on the question of the coffee mug...what in the world? I can't fathom anyone actually drinking out of a regular old ceramic mug while driving. Both for the spill risk and the risk of banging your teeth on it when you hit a bump or brake a bit hard. Of all the things about those pictures that stood out, the coffee mug is definitely getting its 15 minutes.

https://people.com/prince-harry-mak...rning-from-uk-to-see-dad-king-charles-8575025

Prince Harry Makes Surprise Appearance at NFL Honors Hours After Returning from U.K. to See Dad King Charles
Prince Harry returned from a quick solo trip to the U.K. to visit his father on Thursday
By Ingrid Vasquez

Prince Harry made a special appearance at Thursday's NFL Honors to give out the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year to Pittsburgh Steelers defensive tackle Cameron Heyward.​

Well, he certainly became a celebrity for hire. Lol.

I imagine he will not be paid for this? Perhaps he has become a fan of American football.

Last edited:
With all that's happening in The UK, Harry, had he not scuppered off in a pique, let things play out as The Queen wished, He would have been an unbelievably invaluable asset now. Right up his alley too. I'm sure he thought of that as he made clear He WAS coming home to see Charles.
Guilt ? What might have been? Regrets ? I'm sure that was certainly on his mind.
Hence the trip. He was coming. A positive development to me.

With William torn between dealing with Catherine's serious illness, work obligations and family responsibilities AND Charles cancer diagnosis, which will certainly sideline him for a few months.
Harry was the most popular person after QEll. I'm betting, that would NOT have changed had He stayed. His skills and abilities would have certainly been put to great use.

Last edited:

I lived near a coffee shop that uses refillable to-go mugs that look like that. They have covers inside the lip of the mug.

By Ingrid Vasquez

Loving the ex-British royalty/US culture mash up.

Now looking forward to Harry’s rendition of “I’m a Yankee doodle dandy” at the opening of the Tennessee State Fair. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom