The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 - July 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No picture of a child is a legitimate news interest. It has no public interest. And I meant pap photos seems to have decreased in the USA.

It is not illegal to picture the children in the UK, but unless parents have agreed you have to blur faces.

Archie and Lilibet are in the top 10 heirs to the throne, so they are public figures. Ironically, because their parents have shielded them so much, any picture a photographer can get of them is newsworthy.

I haven't noticed a change in the number of paparazzi photos in the United States one way or another. These days, everyone with a phone is a potential photographer.

I wish that I had time to go out to lunch twice a week.
I hope she enjoyed her few hours away from home and the kids.
Every mom could do with that, even if she did not realised it at the time of writing at Tig.

Archie and Lilibet are in the top 10 heirs to the throne, so they are public figures. Ironically, because their parents have shielded them so much, any picture a photographer can get of them is newsworthy.

I haven't noticed a change in the number of paparazzi photos in the United States one way or another. These days, everyone with a phone is a potential photographer.

There is a difference between what the public are interested in and what is in the Public Interest. There is no justification for taking paparazzi pictures of any child. And no it is not in the public interest which is the barometer by which anything publicised about people should be measured. Of course it isn’t. When it comes to children it should be.

I wish that I had time to go out to lunch twice a week.
I hope she enjoyed her few hours away from home and the kids.
Every mom could do with that, even if she did not realised it at the time of writing at Tig.

Love going out for lunch. Best thing to do now my clubbing days are lately passed. Do it everyday if I could.

Everyone does have their right to their opinion. I personally don't see an issue with her having lunch with friends. Can I just ask why you find it hypocritical?Just for my own curiosity.:flowers: She did not post the pic but I am sure she gave the ok.

She isn’t able to make a statement that does not belittle someone else. When she said she doesn’t want to be a lady who lunches, she punched all the ladies who lunch. Why would she do that? I don’t know a statement of her that was not divisive. (Or of Harry’s since the engagement.)

I absolutely don’t care if she lunches or not, I absolutely believe she has every right to do it, it’s just that it’s coming back on her.

There is a trail of things she said before, during and after her stint in the royal family that I still find profoundly divisive.

We seem to agree that nobody cares if the Duchess lunches out, at home or not at all.

It is time to drop this subject and move on...

Several posts have been removed as they ignored a moderator note, and involved back and forth squabbling between members. Further posts along those lines will be deleted.

It is perfectly legal to photograph a child who is in a public place and publish it without their parents’ consent. First amendment freedom of expression and freedom of the press. However, the platform such as a social media site, may have rules against it. Picture a reporter doing a story on playgrounds and interviewing the children or taking their picture. Naturally they would attempt to locate the caregiver if possible. Public place is the key, a play area on your own property would violate right to privacy

Law and reality are different. If Meghan or any other parent took the kids to a playground and a person started taking pictures of the minors, in no time someone would call the police to ask about the intention of the photographer. Here children safety is extremely important because in this crazy country we live in you don't know a paparazzi from a potential child kidnaper.

Public place or not, taking pictures of minors in a playground could land the person in a police car for questioning. Now, when they become older and play sports, like polo with a pony or little league baseball, I don't know how they are going to keep photographers away. :ermm:

"Heart of Invictus" Trailer

The trailer for the "Heart of Invictus" documentary was released last week. Can we post link to it? It will be released on August 30th (at least in US).:flowers:

Are the Sussexes still living in Montecito or have they moved?

I am just reading there might be a mighty, violent storm be California bound - and I did read the Montecito residence is in a potential landslide area...

To all users of the Royal Forums living in Southern and Middle California: Stay safe! I wish you the best!

The trailer for the "Heart of Invictus" documentary was released last week. Can we post link to it? It will be released on August 30th (at least in US).:flowers:

Yes of course! Per the forum rules, that would be considered a primary source. Please feel free to share and to reach out to the moderating team directly with any questions in the future.

Harry will attend the WellChild Awards in Sept 7th in London. Invictus Games start 2 days later, so I assume he will head there straight away afterwards. Though the one year anniversary of the late Queen is the next day. Meghan will apparently fly to Germany mid week and stay through the closing ceremony.

It looks it's less than 7 hours between London and Dusseldorf by car and presumably significantly less by plane, so HRH The Duke of Sussex would have time to participate in any memorial plans for HLM The Queen if he wants to or if he's asked to by the BRF.

I doubt Harry will stay in London nor see any of the family except maybe some cousins. The turn around is fast. My guess his main focus will be the games. But no doubt he will have a private reflection like the rest of the family.

There are no memorial plans, BP has confirmed there are no public events for King and RF and that there will be no large private family event. I suspect that the rest of the grandchildren will be seeing to their children returning to school etc so won't necessarily be able to spend the day at Balmoral anyway. More likely they will take some time in the school holidays o be together and reflect.

BBC News report about the plans - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66405877

There will be no official public event to mark the first anniversary of the death of Queen Elizabeth II, a royal spokesman has said.

King Charles is to spend 8 September "quietly and privately". The day also marks his own accession to the throne.

Nor are there any plans for a private gathering of the Royal Family on the anniversary of the late Queen's death.

While I appreciate it is not on purpose and is just a diary coincidence (and not Harry' fault) I think it would have been preferable all round if the newspapers on the 1st anniversary of the late Queen's death wouldn't be full of Harry's appearance and dragging up history.

Last edited:
It looks it's less than 7 hours between London and Dusseldorf by car and presumably significantly less by plane, so HRH The Duke of Sussex would have time to participate in any memorial plans for HLM The Queen if he wants to or if he's asked to by the BRF.

I assume you are aware that there is no road between continental Europe and the UK. So, unless he is willing to put a car on a train (Channel tunnel) or a boat it would be hard traveling by car between Germany and the UK. So, those 7 hours would be an underestimate - travelling the whole route by train would be much faster (about 5 hours).

It is not necessary for any of us (the public) to know, but personally, I hope that Harry privately makes some sort of effort to connect with his father on the anniversary. Life is too short to wake up with regrets Harry.

It is not necessary for any of us (the public) to know, but personally, I hope that Harry privately makes some sort of effort to connect with his father on the anniversary. Life is too short to wake up with regrets Harry.

Depends on how things currently are. Family is family and the door is never fully closed. But the longer it goes on the harder it gets.

I keep hearing that Harry demands payment to attend the Invictus Games.
Is that true?

I really like the trailer; it focused on the soldiers and their difficult road to recovery from war injuries that left them changed for life.

I do hope the side stories and fillers during the event stays focused on the soldiers, their families and even the medical staff attending to them. I don't want to see anything, absolutely anything on Harry on his bunker thinking about 'mommy'.

But my fear is this is Netflix, the same company that is on the news because of the ruthless behavior toward the TV writers' union during the strike. I'm concerned the trailer is just smoke and mirrors and the event will turn into the Montecito Road Show with the 'first lady' showing up in the middle of every single episode, in bright standing up colors, and on the award ceremonies holding up the trophy.

Remember, there's a 100 million Netflix dollar deal that needs to be milked for ratings. I don't trust Netflix or their tactics to get their Montecito money back if they saturate the Invictus Games with clips of Montecito's Days of Our Lives or Coronation Street fluff pieces.

Harry will attend the WellChild Awards in Sept 7th in London. Invictus Games start 2 days later, so I assume he will head there straight away afterwards. Though the one year anniversary of the late Queen is the next day. Meghan will apparently fly to Germany mid week and stay through the closing ceremony.

Thank you for the update ACO. Prince Harry has been Well Child's patron for 15 years now, so I'm glad that he'll be present at the awards ceremony.

I really like the trailer; it focused on the soldiers and their difficult road to recovery from war injuries that left them changed for life.

What I personally think is a bit bad: There are maimed Afghans too - from both sides! And as far as I know, there is not much care for them.

I once did read about a German beauty surgeon. And every summer he packed his things and off to Afghanistan. There he worked with his art and abilities onto mine victims.

A true role model!

Invictus has always focused on the vets. It’s everyone else who fixates on the other stuff. I have no doubt this series will mainly focus on the vets and foundation. Will Harry and Meghan be seen? Of course. They were at the games. But that’s about it. Though I will bet the farm what many will hyper focus on instead of what 99% of the series is about.

Invictus has always focused on the vets. It’s everyone else who fixates on the other stuff. I have no doubt this series will mainly focus on the vets and foundation. Will Harry and Meghan be seen? Of course. They were at the games. But that’s about it. Though I will bet the farm what many will hyper focus on instead of what 99% of the series is about.

The last time everything’s been about H&M.

Well the series on Netflix was titled Harry and Meghan so no surprise that it was about them. Not sure what point you are trying to make. C

Right? I’m confused as well. If we going by that logic then this will be about…. Wait for it… the Invictus Games. Lol

Well the series on Netflix was titled Harry and Meghan so no surprise that it was about them. Not sure what point you are trying to make. C
Ghost is obviously referring to the last Invictus Games in 2022 when it was all about H&M and not about the veterans.

I was speaking about the last games, in Holland.

Ghost is obviously referring to the last Invictus Games in 2022 when it was all about H&M and not about the veterans.

I know. Clearly it was all about them. They did all the events and took home all the trophies. They didn’t allow anyone else to participate. This is why no one is showing up to Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom