Marius Borg Høiby News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is not too surprising to see that Marius thinks he is above the press and is protected. How many times did mommy and step-daddy write open letters to the press? 3-4? demanding he be left alone. And that is open letters, I can well imagine Mette-Marit making phone calls about her son's "privacy".
MM and Haakon are not just ordinary parents, they are the Crown Prince couple and carry power with them.

Dagbladet asked the police if and when an interrogation with Marius is planned. Police prosecutor Andreas Kruszewski says the investigation is ongoing at full strength, and the police wish to be able to interrogate Marius. As of now, Marius has not wanted to explain himself to the police, this is a right he has.
Lawyer Øyvind Bratlien says that's not true and says that there is "good dialogue" with the police regarding re-interrogating Marius. They hope to carry out interrogations in September.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how it is in Norway and other countries, but here in Germany the basic thing is "Innocent until proven guilty". Marius would still be considered innocent, though of course the police investigation is a harsh hit against him. Still I don't feel secure in jugdement of him and far less when it comes to his mother and stepfather. Plus those "friends" - are they really that close intimates of him or was in a case of them being nice because he was a part of the RF? I guess it is true that he violated his girlfriend (and probably the others before her, too) but it is still anyone's guess how far that went. Maybe I don't want to believe that a boy raised in the family of a Royal and his beloved wife could be a criminal, so I want to see a judgment first and then be okay with it and not turn to conspiracy stories about a cover-up.

Dagbladet asked the police if and when an interrogation with Marius is planned. Police prosecutor Andreas Kruszewski says the investigation is ongoing at full strength, and the police wish to be able to interrogate Marius. As of now, Marius has not wanted to explain himself to the police, this is a right he has.
Lawyer Øyvind Bratlien says that's not true and says that there is "good dialogue" with the police regarding re-interrogating Marius. They hope to carry out interrogations in September.
(..)
I don’t understand if Marius maintains that he isn’t guilty, why the reticence in talking to the police? And they’ve already interviewed others many times. Does Marius get to say “ I don’t wanna” and that is acceptable? Wow!

I don’t understand if Marius maintains that he isn’t guilty, why the reticence in talking to the police? And they’ve already interviewed others many times. Does Marius get to say “ I don’t wanna” and that is acceptable? Wow!
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..."?

Norway doesn't have Miranda or the 5th Amendment, but presumably they have something similar where you are not obliged to incriminate yourself any further just because the police are asking you to...

He said he'd cooperate. (He didn't say 'quickly'.) We'll see if he decides to follow through with that.

Exactly, he said that he wanted to take responsibility and cooperate (explain himself to the police). So far, it doesn't look like either.

"I want to be responsible for what I have done, and I want to explain myself truthfully to the police.(...)
So to you my love, I'm sorry. This should never have happened, and I take full responsibility for my actions."

Marius' lawyer Øyvind Bratlien has said many times that Marius is being subjected to "reverse discrimination". He means that the police are stricter with Marius than they would be with others, because he is Mette-Marit's son. He is not satisfied when he heard that the police had followed Marius before the arrest.
- If this is correct, this is even more serious reverse discrimination. It is very startling. At the same time, it is a crazy misuse of police resources.
Oslo police doesn't want to respond to Bratlien's statement. Police prosecutor Andreas Kruszewski previously justified the time between the decision to arrest and the arrest: It took some time because we had to be sure that the action could be carried out with the desired result. The action took place without drama, and we are satisfied with both the implementation and the result.

Marius admitted having suffered drug problems for a long time. On 29 August, police inspector Henriette Taxt Røstadli in the Oslo police said that they were investigating Marius' fitness to hold a driving licence.
On 16 September TV 2 asked if he still has a valid driving licence. Section leader Marius Gaarde said that they can't give information about individuals' licences. TV 2 pointed out that the police previously commented on investigations on Marius' driving licence. Gaarde again referred to the duty of confidentiality. Marius' lawyer doesn't want to comment.
In Se og Hør's photos Marius was seen in a white Mercedes. TV 2 checked which vehicles Marius is listed with. He is currently registered with a black BMW 1 Series car and a black Harley-Davidson Super Glide motorcycle and a trailer.

I honestly think Øyvind Bratlien is not the correct lawyer for this case. It feels like he uses the tactic of "Attack is the best defence" and tries to de-direct the focus from his client's behaviour and crimes to the police and trying to turn Marius into a victim instead. Considering the crimes he's been accused of this whole tactic leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom