Prince Sverre Magnus News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. Why does nobody think of two teenys under the family umbrella attending the wedding of an aunt? He is 18, so surely she is his school sweetheart - why shouldn't his mother "play chaperone" for the girl, lend her a dress and fix her up with jewellery when Sverre Magnus asked her too do so? His aunt surely was ok with SM to bring a plus one. If they both were okay with the media interest in her, why not do it? But I wouldn't interpret to much into it.
The NRF needed positive press coverage because of the Marius-problem. Amalie needed a hightened profile because a prince's ex still gets press attention and for a model, this pure coin. If she wants to move on to the big agencies in New York, LA or Paris, that's what she needs. If Claudia Schiffer had not been promoted by Karl Lagerfeld, she wouldn't have been a "Supermodel", just a quite sucessful German one. To find the right promoter, it's important to have the press's interest. So I think it's business and Mette-Marit's dress will make sure that Amelie's picture is not soon to be forgotten. (Sorry, just found out that Amelie is a model!)

If your hypotheses are correct, one "why not" in that scenario would be that partners (even unofficial partners) of royals are not supposed to profit commercially from their royal connection. That expectation can be observed from the Norwegian public's years-long criticism of Durek Verrett's business activities, from the beginning of his relationship with Princess Märtha Louise. Aside from being an adult rather than a minor, Durek Verrett before his engagement and marriage was in the same position as Amalie Giæver Macleod is in now.

Princess Märtha Louise contracted an agreement with the royal house which prohibited Durek Verrett from using his royal connection for business purposes, and Crown Princess Mette-Marit's husband was involved in the agreement. It would go rather against the spirit of that agreement if (I stress "if") - as you theorize - the two princesses cooperated with the couple's public introduction in order to promote Amalie's career.

Some teen romances last, and some don't. There's no way of knowing how things are going to go with Sverre Magnus and Amalie. Bringing a "plus one" to a family wedding isn't really a big thing. Unfortunately, when it's a royal family wedding, it's going to attract press speculation.

Based on past precedent, it seems unlikely that it would have generated press coverage if Amalie had attended as the prince's private "plus one" rather than publicly together with the crown princely family. The press might nevertheless have revealed the relationship at a future date after she turned 18, but it would not be a direct result of the wedding.

Incidentally, this article has the pre-wedding photographs in which the soon to be crown princess wore the dress she recently lent to her son's girlfriend.

The Royal Court about what Sverre Magnus will do after his stay in Trondheim.
- It is not known what the plans will be in the future, says communications manager Guri Varpeto Dagbladet.

Maybe it's a cultural difference. In the UK, and AFAIK also in the US, actually moving in with a partner, as opposed to just staying overnight sometimes and or going on holiday together, is seen as a big commitment. Student housing is expensive and students rarely live alone, but they usually share with friends rather than with a boyfriend/girlfriend. In fact - and I think this may have happened with William and Catherine? - it's usually considered best *not* to share accommodation with a boyfriend/girlfriend, because it can be awkward for other housemates, and makes things very difficult if the relationship ends and you're stuck in a house together. But different things work in different places!

I have three small children and can’t imagine that at 18 I would be happy with them moving in with a partner.

Back
Top Bottom