Marius Borg Høiby News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is not too surprising to see that Marius thinks he is above the press and is protected. How many times did mommy and step-daddy write open letters to the press? 3-4? demanding he be left alone. And that is open letters, I can well imagine Mette-Marit making phone calls about her son's "privacy".
MM and Haakon are not just ordinary parents, they are the Crown Prince couple and carry power with them.

Dagbladet asked the police if and when an interrogation with Marius is planned. Police prosecutor Andreas Kruszewski says the investigation is ongoing at full strength, and the police wish to be able to interrogate Marius. As of now, Marius has not wanted to explain himself to the police, this is a right he has.
Lawyer Øyvind Bratlien says that's not true and says that there is "good dialogue" with the police regarding re-interrogating Marius. They hope to carry out interrogations in September.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how it is in Norway and other countries, but here in Germany the basic thing is "Innocent until proven guilty". Marius would still be considered innocent, though of course the police investigation is a harsh hit against him. Still I don't feel secure in jugdement of him and far less when it comes to his mother and stepfather. Plus those "friends" - are they really that close intimates of him or was in a case of them being nice because he was a part of the RF? I guess it is true that he violated his girlfriend (and probably the others before her, too) but it is still anyone's guess how far that went. Maybe I don't want to believe that a boy raised in the family of a Royal and his beloved wife could be a criminal, so I want to see a judgment first and then be okay with it and not turn to conspiracy stories about a cover-up.

Dagbladet asked the police if and when an interrogation with Marius is planned. Police prosecutor Andreas Kruszewski says the investigation is ongoing at full strength, and the police wish to be able to interrogate Marius. As of now, Marius has not wanted to explain himself to the police, this is a right he has.
Lawyer Øyvind Bratlien says that's not true and says that there is "good dialogue" with the police regarding re-interrogating Marius. They hope to carry out interrogations in September.
(..)
I don’t understand if Marius maintains that he isn’t guilty, why the reticence in talking to the police? And they’ve already interviewed others many times. Does Marius get to say “ I don’t wanna” and that is acceptable? Wow!

I don’t understand if Marius maintains that he isn’t guilty, why the reticence in talking to the police? And they’ve already interviewed others many times. Does Marius get to say “ I don’t wanna” and that is acceptable? Wow!
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..."?

Norway doesn't have Miranda or the 5th Amendment, but presumably they have something similar where you are not obliged to incriminate yourself any further just because the police are asking you to...

He said he'd cooperate. (He didn't say 'quickly'.) We'll see if he decides to follow through with that.

Exactly, he said that he wanted to take responsibility and cooperate (explain himself to the police). So far, it doesn't look like either.

"I want to be responsible for what I have done, and I want to explain myself truthfully to the police.(...)
So to you my love, I'm sorry. This should never have happened, and I take full responsibility for my actions."

Marius' lawyer Øyvind Bratlien has said many times that Marius is being subjected to "reverse discrimination". He means that the police are stricter with Marius than they would be with others, because he is Mette-Marit's son. He is not satisfied when he heard that the police had followed Marius before the arrest.
- If this is correct, this is even more serious reverse discrimination. It is very startling. At the same time, it is a crazy misuse of police resources.
Oslo police doesn't want to respond to Bratlien's statement. Police prosecutor Andreas Kruszewski previously justified the time between the decision to arrest and the arrest: It took some time because we had to be sure that the action could be carried out with the desired result. The action took place without drama, and we are satisfied with both the implementation and the result.

Marius admitted having suffered drug problems for a long time. On 29 August, police inspector Henriette Taxt Røstadli in the Oslo police said that they were investigating Marius' fitness to hold a driving licence.
On 16 September TV 2 asked if he still has a valid driving licence. Section leader Marius Gaarde said that they can't give information about individuals' licences. TV 2 pointed out that the police previously commented on investigations on Marius' driving licence. Gaarde again referred to the duty of confidentiality. Marius' lawyer doesn't want to comment.
In Se og Hør's photos Marius was seen in a white Mercedes. TV 2 checked which vehicles Marius is listed with. He is currently registered with a black BMW 1 Series car and a black Harley-Davidson Super Glide motorcycle and a trailer.

I honestly think Øyvind Bratlien is not the correct lawyer for this case. It feels like he uses the tactic of "Attack is the best defence" and tries to de-direct the focus from his client's behaviour and crimes to the police and trying to turn Marius into a victim instead. Considering the crimes he's been accused of this whole tactic leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..."?

Norway doesn't have Miranda or the 5th Amendment, but presumably they have something similar where you are not obliged to incriminate yourself any further just because the police are asking you to...

He said he'd cooperate. (He didn't say 'quickly'.) We'll see if he decides to follow through with that.
I certainly understand all of this. But he has already accepted at least some responsibility and stated that he would say more. Probably his lawyer told him to say those things but since he already has, I think it looks worse since he isn’t following through.

His lawyer was surely also involved in that first statement. It seems rather clear that his lawyer is not concerned at all by PR/any impact on the (image of the) royal family but only aggressively looks for the best outcome for his client Marius.

I honestly think Øyvind Bratlien is not the correct lawyer for this case. It feels like he uses the tactic of "Attack is the best defence" and tries to de-direct the focus from his client's behaviour and crimes to the police and trying to turn Marius into a victim instead. Considering the crimes he's been accused of this whole tactic leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

Øyvind Bratlien has been a defender of some of the heaviest criminals in Norway. such as former Bandidos leader Lars Harnes. He is also a defense attorney in the terrorist case of the mass shooting on 25 June, where two people were killed and nine others were shot. Bratlien defends a man accused of terrorism who denies criminal guilt in the case. The media in Norway sometimes calls him as "gangster lawyer".

Professor emerita at BI Business School Peggy Simcic Brønn says that Marius' actions have affected all other parties and it is his responsibility to clean up. The Palace doesn't seem to have any crisis strategy in this.
(..)

On Saturday 7 September, five days after he received the restraining order, the police believe that Marius once again contacted the woman from a hidden phone number. Marius claims that he didn't violate the restraining order.
According to VG's information, the police have obtained telephone data which they believe links the call to Marius. VG submitted the details of this case to lawyer Øyvind Bratlien. He said that as for the violation of the restraining order, Marius has said that he has nothing to do with it and that he doesn't plead guilty. Bratlien can't comment on the other matters until Marius has finished being questioned and has made a decision as to whether he is guilty of a crime.

Juliane Snekkestad's lawyer Petter Grødem says that she has been very clear to the police that she doesn't want to demand compensation from Marius, regardless of the outcome of the criminal case. That is not her motivation in this case, it is simply to bring out the truth in this matter, and to prevent this from happening to other women. That is her only motivation.
Marius' lawyer Øyvind Bratlien doesn't want to comment this.
Nora Haukland's lawyer John Christian Elden wrote in a text message that so far they haven't put forward any demand or had it in mind. She hasn't reported anything, but testified about the violence she has been subjected to, which led to the police reporting and bringing charges.

Haakon's relationship with Marius is again brought up by the media:

Marius has been charged with another case of violence against the third victim
This concerns an incident after a boat trip in the end of June. Photos on social media show Marius on the boat with the offended woman and two other people. The circumstances involved are spitting and punching. This has happened after the trip, and there is witnesses to the incident.
Lawyer Mette Yvonne Larsen says the woman has been interviewed by the police. Based on what she said there, a new case of bodily harm has been opened. They had been together for a few months and it happened while they were dating. Larsen also emphasizes that the case has been demanding for the woman.
Marius is under investigation for a total of eleven offences:
- Two cases of violence against his last ex-girlfriend. One case occurred on the night of 4 August in her apartment at Frogner in Oslo. The second incident of spitting and punching happened in June.
- Threats against her made in a phone conversation following the violence he inflicted on her in August.
- Damage to her home.
- Reckless behavior after calling her at all hours of the day and night. The police imposed a restraining order on him.
- Breaking of the restraning order. The police believe that he called the woman at 00.55 on the night of 7 September. The police have listed his place of residence in Skaugum as the crime address.
- Death threats against a man in his 20s. This concerns a different relationship than what has come up in a phone conversation previously published. This has also been confirmed by the police.
- Violence in close relationships against Nora Haukland
- Violence in close relationships against Juliane Snekkestad
- Being investigated for utility theft of a scooter that a well-known TV profile owns.
- Being investigated for the use of cocaine, which he admitted in his statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Øyvind Bratlien has been a defender of some of the heaviest criminals in Norway. such as former Bandidos leader Lars Harnes. He is also a defense attorney in the terrorist case of the mass shooting on 25 June, where two people were killed and nine others were shot. Bratlien defends a man accused of terrorism who denies criminal guilt in the case. The media in Norway sometimes calls him as "gangster lawyer".

Professor emerita at BI Business School Peggy Simcic Brønn says that Marius' actions have affected all other parties and it is his responsibility to clean up. The Palace doesn't seem to have any crisis strategy in this.
(..)

On Saturday 7 September, five days after he received the restraining order, the police believe that Marius once again contacted the woman from a hidden phone number. Marius claims that he didn't violate the restraining order.
According to VG's information, the police have obtained telephone data which they believe links the call to Marius. VG submitted the details of this case to lawyer Øyvind Bratlien. He said that as for the violation of the restraining order, Marius has said that he has nothing to do with it and that he doesn't plead guilty. Bratlien can't comment on the other matters until Marius has finished being questioned and has made a decision as to whether he is guilty of a crime.

Juliane Snekkestad's lawyer Petter Grødem says that she has been very clear to the police that she doesn't want to demand compensation from Marius, regardless of the outcome of the criminal case. That is not her motivation in this case, it is simply to bring out the truth in this matter, and to prevent this from happening to other women. That is her only motivation.
Marius' lawyer Øyvind Bratlien doesn't want to comment this.
Nora Haukland's lawyer John Christian Elden wrote in a text message that so far they haven't put forward any demand or had it in mind. She hasn't reported anything, but testified about the violence she has been subjected to, which led to the police reporting and bringing charges.

Haakon's relationship with Marius is again brought up by the media:

Marius has been charged with another case of violence against the third victim
This concerns an incident after a boat trip in the end of June. Photos on social media show Marius on the boat with the offended woman and two other people. The circumstances involved are spitting and punching. This has happened after the trip, and there is witnesses to the incident.
Lawyer Mette Yvonne Larsen says the woman has been interviewed by the police. Based on what she said there, a new case of bodily harm has been opened. They had been together for a few months and it happened while they were dating. Larsen also emphasizes that the case has been demanding for the woman.
Marius is under investigation for a total of eleven offences:
- Two cases of violence against his last ex-girlfriend. One case occurred on the night of 4 August in her apartment at Frogner in Oslo. The second incident of spitting and punching happened in June.
- Threats against her made in a phone conversation following the violence he inflicted on her in August.
- Damage to her home.
- Reckless behavior after calling her at all hours of the day and night. The police imposed a restraining order on him.
- Breaking of the restraning order. The police believe that he called the woman at 00.55 on the night of 7 September. The police have listed his place of residence in Skaugum as the crime address.
- Death threats against a man in his 20s. This concerns a different relationship than what has come up in a phone conversation previously published. This has also been confirmed by the police.
- Violence in close relationships against Nora Haukland
- Violence in close relationships against Juliane Snekkestad
- Being investigated for utility theft of a scooter that a well-known TV profile owns.
- Being investigated for the use of cocaine, which he admitted in his statement.
LadyFinn, thanks so much for listing all of the charges against Marius. When I started reading your post I was thinking that I just can’t keep it all straight, and then you gave a comprehensive list of it all!

I’m surprised/not surprised that he has a “gangster” lawyer. I had assumed that H & MM had procured an attorney but maybe it was his criminal friends?

What is the media saying about Haakon’s relationship with Marius? I’ve seen numerous YouTube videos that totally incorporate him into the royal family as a child and teenager. If you didn’t know who these people are, you would assume three children belonging to the parents (H & MM).

Thanks again! :flowers:

According to Dagbladet, when Marius was arrested at the cabin last Friday, an illegal weapon and drugs - a small amount of marijuana - were found. Marius was at the cabin with three friends. As far as Dagbladet is aware, the police have not linked the drugs directly to Marius, nor should any criminal proceedings be instituted in relation to the matter.
Police prosecutor Andreas Kruszewski doesn't want to comment on what was seized in connection with the arrest.

Indeed. It was a small amount of marihuana. (I didn't think marihuana was common in Europe. I thought it was mainly hashish.)
And the illegal weapon found did not belong to Marius.
However, among the friends at the cabin was a 38 year old, who was recently sentenced in a case of money-laundering and possession of drugs and who is now charged by the police in a major case regarding cocaine.
I think it would have been wise of Marius to put quite a bit of distance between himself and such characters.
Anyway, the police didn't nail him for anything - this time...

And as this wasn't enough, Nora Haukland, has been threatened by a 26 year old who was arrested Monday.
The man, who can only be described as "off", contacted persons in a circle of people the police are familiar with...
Claiming that Haukland owed him money he send an e-mail under a false name to a person, who is anonymous, but has confirmed the story to the press. (The commas and such are mine... Good grief!)
"Hi, I'll send a torpedo (hitman) on Nora Haukland, she owes me 1 million. And if she doesn't pay, you kidnap and kill her. Her address is..."

He also send another e-mail, this time under his real name: (Commas and... You know...)
"Hi, I'm going to threaten a billionaire with a torpedo and you are to pressure him to transfer one billion to my account and this must happen next week. Must be secret. Can you call me tomorrow?"

This 26 year old man, who has no prior record, claims he's not guilty.

- And before you laugh too loud. This is actually how Swedish criminals are advertising services, albeit in more closed and anonymous fora. They are a bloody menace here in DK, I can tell you! It's usually teens, who seek fast money, if they go shoot someone or throw a hand grenade, mainly in Copenhagen, after having been hired by Danish gangs.
In Sweden, young gang members get at most a couple of years in a youth-institution, almost no matter what they do and that they consider an acceptable risk for committing a crime. - In Denmark they get life for murder. Throwing a hand grenade at an empty shop costs five years. That has come as a nasty surprise for the Swedish "hitmen", well "hitboys" actually. Currently some 20 Swedes have been arrested and await trial and sentences. And we are seriously considering setting up a tight border control between DK and Sweden. The public support for that, sure is there!

Does this investigation feel unusually long, is this just the normal course of one getting bigger, or are they being meticulous because it’s Marius? Any thoughts?

Whether he cooperates or not, they have to charge him at some point. It’s not like this is the sort of thing where the police are going to press nothing, much as M’s lawyer would probably like it.

Reactions: SLV
Does this investigation feel unusually long, is this just the normal course of one getting bigger, or are they being meticulous because it’s Marius? Any thoughts?

Whether he cooperates or not, they have to charge him at some point. It’s not like this is the sort of thing where the police are going to press nothing, much as M’s lawyer would probably like it.
Regardless of the, frankly from a GB perspective[ lord knows how many times our police have covered up things here ] , the desperate efforts of the Norwegian police to avoid actually arresting / detaining marius { I will not use the word alleged , as he has already publicly admitted his guilt ], it has really started me thinking of how we in GB are always being told that , the scandivadian countries are so pro active with regards to women!s right's ,[ men can also be victims of abuse ].Seriously , After admitting that he ,under the influence of drugs and alcohol , physically abused his then partner , involving strangling , and the violent use of a knife , he is still then allowed to swan off on a fortnight to Italy , then a "hunting " weekend with "known " , criminals . Ok here we are still dealing with prince andrew , [ never seen a former serious journalist , [ emily matlis ]. so desperate to embody the ME ME ME vibe ], , and the seemingly never ending saga of the Sussex's withdrawal from formal royal duties ,The Scandinavian monarchies gave me hope . I hope QM11 recovers swiftly from her fall .

Back
Top Bottom