The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 - July 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) The pics were taken by Blackgrid (which only takes photos with celebrity permission - they took those photos of Archie's face in 2021 which is illegal in California without parental consent),

2) the company them quickly offered people a 7 day trial and promoted the hell out of this, calling Meghan "The Duchess" which is often a giveaway since so often she's referred to as "Meghan Markle" still by the US press (and corrects articles which use it).

3) they were featured on US morning shows which doesn't happen every time she's pictured walking around LA or Montecito.

4) sleeves conspicuously rolled up to show the patch on an otherwise winter ensemble.

It's highly likely they are getting paid by this brand. And you know, many, many celebrities do this - set up pics so wearing specific products. They aren't necessarily doing anything that anyone else isn't but yes it doesn't have a lot of gravitas. At least it's not a medallion that can cure COVID yet.

They've promoted things like "Ethic" before for money which turned out to be not so Ethical so it's not the first time and won't be the last.

Makes sense is product placement scheme since most patches I've seen, from conditions like diabetes to control smoking or other addictions, are placed higher like the upper arm or the frontal body like the stomach. This seems to make them more effective to whatever is inside get in the system.

Also, these are body parts that don't have a lot of movement or flexibility to stretch whatever is used to hold it still to the body.

I've never seen a patch that close to the hands because it could be affected when she washes her hands. Even more suspicious is the picture was taken with the product placement facing the camera AND when people zoom in the letters are perfectly placed to be read when she touched her head.

Every week I hope to give her the benefit of the doubt, wishing all the negative press swirling around her ceases. Maybe with a kind gesture, like making peace with her father or even associating herself with the African American family members from her mother's side. It's one disappointment after another one. Promoting these 'holistic Hollywood lifestyle' trinkets, a-la Paltrow and her private placement candles, that are just impulse-buys garbage waiting for their midnight infomercial moment. Another let-down from Meghan.

She could do better to improve her image overnight, but you can't reason with someone who won't listen to advice by just asking herself how her image got so negative and what to do to turn things around. 'Selling' crap like mood patches is as practical as having a mood ring influence a decision.
Just stick with the morning horoscope if you need a third party to rule your life. :ermm:

Last edited:
Every week I hope to give her the benefit of the doubt, wishing all the negative press swirling around her ceases. Maybe with a kind gesture, like making peace with her father or even associating herself with the African American family members from her mother's side. :

So to improve her image she needs to reconcile with a man who associates with people who are literally hateful toward her or be seen with black people she has no relationship with and/nor want to be in the public eye? I know you didn't mean it to come out that way but interesting...

Meghan image is fine. Honestly at this point nothing will sway who likes or doesn't like her and that has been the case for many years now.

Last edited:
Her father did some silly decisions in the past that he has apologized in public over and over again. I agree with you his side of the family, the half-siblings, are quite toxic. But this unfinished business can stop in one day and help her image recover more.

I had my differences with my late father for decades, some I even transferred to his second wife and family I barely knew. Yet, in his final years I came to terms with it and accepted the apology. And got to meet his 2nd wife, now long gone too, and she was a wonderful person. Meghan needs to accept time is running short and her elderly dad and need to put this drama to rest for good and without the presence of media, the toxic half-siblings or even her mother in the room.

If she or her team reads this forum and the crazy but interesting things and opinions we comment about, she could turn the negative press around in a day. Be the bigger person, make peace and let bygones be bygones. Trust me, speaking directly to a parent (or a grown child, too) that is problematic works with solving conflicts better than a wrist patch.

Last edited:
He and his other children (who haaaaaaate Meghan) did a sit down interview not that long ago where they all once again spent the show attacking her. Meghan is still in a lawsuit with Samantha. As long as he connected at the hip with them and their nastiness, she will stay far far away from him.

Let's be real. No one expects her to reconcile with that man. Just like no one expects Harry and his family to suddenly be close again. What's done is done.

Her father did some silly decisions in the past that he has apologized in public over and over again. I agree with you his side of the family, the half-siblings, are quite toxic. But this unfinished business can stop in one day and help her image recover more.

I had my differences with my late father for decades, some I even transferred to his second wife and family I barely knew. Yet, in his final years I came to terms with it and accepted the apology. And got to meet his 2nd wife, now long gone too, and she was a wonderful person. Meghan needs to accept time is running short and her elderly dad and need to put this drama to rest for good and without the presence of media, the toxic half-siblings or even her mother in the room.

If she or her team reads this forum and the crazy but interesting things and opinions we comment about, she could turn the negative press around in a day. Be the bigger person, make peace and let bygones be bygones. Trust me, speaking directly to a parent (or a grown child, too) that is problematic works with solving conflicts better than a wrist patch.

Completely agree. Life is too short! This is her Dad who raised her, supported her and still thinks the world of her. We all make mistakes.

I had a similar experience to you Toledo so I know I would have bitterly regretted not reconciling when I was offered an olive branch, and rather cruel if I had refused it.

Sadly MM has a track record for "ghosting" people whom she perceives are no longer of use to her :sad:

He and his other children (who haaaaaaate Meghan) did a sit down interview not that long ago where they all once again spent the show attacking her. Meghan is still in a lawsuit with Samantha. As long as he connected at the hip with them and their nastiness, she will stay far far away from him.

Let's be real. No one expects her to reconcile with that man. Just like no one expects Harry and his family to suddenly be close again. What's done is done.

They are his children too. He shouldn't have to choose between them. If MM chose to forgive her father and show him a little kindness, it would do wonders for her reputation and profile, and give her half siblings less stick to beat her with, so to speak. Even I would be impressed! ?

The difference is that MM's Dad is desperate to reconcile with her and meet his little grandchildren; he's paid a huge price for those errors of judgment. Whereas the BRF (and most of the UK) have pretty much washed their hands of the pair of them. Sadly but understandably IMO.

Last edited:
They are his children too. He shouldn't have to choose between them. If MM chose to forgive her father and show him a little kindness, it would do wonders for her reputation and profile, and give her half siblings less stick to beat her with, so to speak. Even I would be impressed! ?

The difference is that MM's Dad is desperate to reconcile with her and meet his little grandchildren; he's paid a huge price for those errors of judgment. Whereas the BRF (and most of the UK) have pretty much washed their hands of the pair of them. Sadly but understandably IMO.

She is not making him choose. She has literally removed herself from the situation because he is always with two people who openly hate her. Again why would she ever put herself near him or them?

I think BRF and MM have washed themselves of each other. They don't like her and she don't like them. It is what it is and likely how it always was. Again for the best.

Maybe for the sake of the children all these adults can mend things but that isn't happening any time soon for various reasons.

Time to move on from rehashing Meghan's relationship with her father unless it in some way directly relates to more recent news, which this does not. Further posts along those lines will be deleted, and it might be time for everyone to review the rules on the first page regarding what can and can't be discussed.

NuCalm has denied any business involvement with Meghan. They are enjoying all the business it is bringing them though. They spoke to the NY Post.

Everything about these magic brainwave patches screams scam to me, but I suppose they're not any worse than the snake oil that Duchy Originals sold for years.

I'm curious, what snake oil did DO sell? :confused:

1) The pics were taken by Blackgrid (which only takes photos with celebrity permission - they took those photos of Archie's face in 2021 which is illegal in California without parental consent),

No, it's NOT illegal to photograph children without parental consent. A 2013 law made it a misdemeanor to harass the child of a public figure to get a picture that serves no legitimate purpose. https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB606

A parent trying to bring charges through this law would have to demonstrate that the photographer caused "substantial emotional distress" to the child.

NuCalm has denied any business involvement with Meghan. They are enjoying all the business it is bringing them though. They spoke to the NY Post.

My greatest hope is that we'll find out that Shaman Durek made the patches and we'll have a new royal combo. :lol:

I'm curious, what snake oil did DO sell? :confused:

This excerpt from a Wikipedia article about Waitrose Duchy Organic may explain:

'In 2008, Duchy Originals partnered with the alternative medicine company Nelsons to produce a line of herbal remedies. This led to controversy, in which leading UK scientists said that Duchy Originals promoted its herbal remedies with scientifically unsound claims. Edzard Ernst, the UK's first professor of complementary medicine, said Duchy Originals detox products were "outright quackery". Subsequently, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) ruled that healing claims were misleading and required the company to amend an advertising campaign promoting two herbal medicines'.

Last edited:
No, it's NOT illegal to photograph children without parental consent. A 2013 law made it a misdemeanor to harass the child of a public figure to get a picture that serves no legitimate purpose. https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB606

A parent trying to bring charges through this law would have to demonstrate that the photographer caused "substantial emotional distress" to the child.
Thank you for clearing that up. In public, we do not control our images or our children in America and I think in the UK and Australia too

I thought California had made a law that children's faces had to be blurred if there was no parental permission after issues with paparazzi? If not my mistake. Most UK papers do blur out kids faces in celebrity photos or use back of head shots even if it's not the law.

Regardless if they didn't want those photos on Page Six they would have been taken down and complaints filed, people sued. And they are still up.

In the UK this or must have the parents permission to publish the children’s faces. It has been like that for quite some time now. I am always slightly shocked when someone’s child is not blurred out. Most are now. Of course that doesn’t change the fact you can then go on the internet and find original picture. However, paparazzi pictures particularly with children are rare now…in the papers. There just isn’t the market. Most you may see is them just walking down the street but at most you’d have a couple a year maybe for certain people, others once a year. Nothing like it used to be. I think also there has been a change in America too because ai see no where near what I used to. Meghan does really well to honest to be pictured the few times she is, more than most sure but still not a lot.

Last edited:
It is perfectly legal to photograph a child who is in a public place and publish it without their parents’ consent. First amendment freedom of expression and freedom of the press. However, the platform such as a social media site, may have rules against it. Picture a reporter doing a story on playgrounds and interviewing the children or taking their picture. Naturally they would attempt to locate the caregiver if possible. Public place is the key, a play area on your own property would violate right to privacy

In the UK this or must have the parents permission to publish the children’s faces. It has been like that for quite some time now. I am always slightly shocked when someone’s child is not blurred out. Most are now. Of course that doesn’t change the fact you can then go on the internet and find original picture. However, paparazzi pictures particularly with children are rare now…in the papers. There just isn’t the market. Most you may see is them just walking down the street but at most you’d have a couple a year maybe for certain people, others once a year. Nothing like it used to be. I think also there has been a change in America too because ai see no where near what I used to. Meghan does really well to honest to be pictured the few times she is, more than most sure but still not a lot.

Nope, no change in U.S. laws -- it's a constitutional right under the First Amendment.

Some news outlets blur photos of celebrity children at the request of the parents, but most don't. I doubt any would if they got hold of a photo of the Sussex kids, but it would have legitimate news interest.

Nope, no change in U.S. laws -- it's a constitutional right under the First Amendment.

Some news outlets blur photos of celebrity children at the request of the parents, but most don't. I doubt any would if they got hold of a photo of the Sussex kids, but it would have legitimate news interest.

No picture of a child is a legitimate news interest. It has no public interest. And I meant pap photos seems to have decreased in the USA.

It is not illegal to picture the children in the UK, but unless parents have agreed you have to blur faces.

She was out with friends for a birthday lunch. She is allowed to have lunch.

Of course she is, it’s just that her words on Tig are biting her. It’s the second lunch spotting in a week?

And how many times before that, in say the last 18 months, has Meghan been spotted having lunches with anyone? She’s hardly been lunching out every day for months.

And how many times before that, in say the last 18 months, has Meghan been spotted having lunches with anyone? She’s hardly been lunching out every day for months.

A lady who lunches is an expression that describes wealthy women who do not to have to work, and who spend a lot of time with their friends. So this term fits Meghan's current lifestyle quite well.

You got all that from 1 birthday lunch selfie?

Ok, then what is her current job? Her contract when Spotify is done. She doesn't have any imminent projects with Neflix. She is a rich lady that goes around for lunches. This hard working narrative on her is nothing but a farce.

Ok, then what is her current job? Her contract when Spotify is done. She doesn't have any imminent projects with Neflix. She is a rich lady that goes around for lunches. This hard working narrative on her is nothing but a farce.

I get that you don't care for her but saying she doesn't work because of the Spotify deal doesnt ring true. You don't have to be out cutting ribbons to be seen working. They have Archewell, Netflix and who else knows what is going on behind the scenes. She does have to work to afford the 14 million dollar home with 721 bathrooms.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. It’s not even about having the right to lunch, it’s about optics. To me, she appears hypocritical. It’s just my opinion.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. It’s not even about having the right to lunch, it’s about optics. To me, she appears hypocritical. It’s just my opinion.

Everyone does have their right to their opinion. I personally don't see an issue with her having lunch with friends. Can I just ask why you find it hypocritical?Just for my own curiosity.:flowers: She did not post the pic but I am sure she gave the ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom