The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 6: Aug. 2021- Oct. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry doesn’t need his title to remind anyone he’s royal.

Him simply existing as the grandson of a Queen, the son of a future King and the brother of a future, future and his mother is Diana. You could strip away his titles and remove him for the line of succession, his connection goes beyond words.

They use their titles because they’re theirs. And he’s a Prince by blood.

And I’m sorry they never said they wanted to leave the spotlight or stop being public figures. Stepping back as senior royals wouldn’t change that.

Indeed he will always be a born royal. But it might be seen as a little overkill to have "Prince Harry Duke of Sussex" 7-8 times on his BetterUp profile for example. Meghan also used Duchess of Sussex when lobbying US Congress. It's absolutely her right as an American to lobby congress but it might have been a good idea to leave the titles off.

I was highlighting that it wasn't just the media who made the Sussexes high profile. They themselves want attention. She issued a press release about the wreath she sent in the middle of the funeral procession, presumably to make sure she was included in coverage of the day. She sort out publicity. Which is fine if that's the way they want to play it but they aren't simply victims of the media.

They never said in their manifesto on Sussex Royal that they wanted privacy but they have elsewhere. It is clear that the thing they most want is absolute control of the narrative about them (and I do understand why) and that is impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed he will always be a born royal. But it might be seen as a little overkill to have "Prince Harry Duke of Sussex" 7-8 times on his BetterUp profile for example. Meghan also used Duchess of Sussex when lobbying US Congress. It's absolutely her right as an American to lobby congress but it might have been a good idea to leave the titles off.

I was highlighting that it wasn't just the media who made the Sussexes high profile. They themselves want attention. She issued a press release about the wreath she sent in the middle of the funeral procession, presumably to make sure she was included in coverage of the day. She sort out publicity. Which is fine if that's the way they want to play it but they aren't simply victims of the media.

They never said in their manifesto on Sussex Royal that they wanted privacy but they have elsewhere. It is clear that the thing they most want is absolute control of the narrative about them (and I do understand why) and that is impossible.

Fair to think that, I don't see an issue with it, it's his title and when you go to the website it's not the first thing you see but I understand the issue's someone could have with it.

I also know that but that's what it felt like. And I'll say, it's more the media than the Sussex's but I won't deny they want to seen, they'll need to for their projects and Meghan was already in the media, smaller but in it with her own work before marrying Harry. I just don't think Phillips funeral as that and I can admit, I can see how people would view it that way.

They never mentioned it, even in their stepping back message, they didn't mention it. Meghan mentioned it in the O interview, to clearly tell the world she never mentioned anything about it. And yes, a big part of it is the narrative, I don't think they wanted absolute control but the freedom to deal with certain things. And the move has been pretty good for privacy, at least in my eyes, they've been able to move and just appear places without that information getting out and now, it makes it super clear that when UK media says source's say, it's clear that it's not really sources as they don't have access to them in any form.

I agree with somethings, disagree with others but that's life eh? I can understand how you feel though and there's nothing much to do about that.

----

This is slightly off topic but kind of on because it's about Lili and Archies birthday and the reason I came back to post because I just checked but we managed to raise over $100,000 between Lili & Archies bdays for WCK. The goal was $30,000 and we've gone well over that so happy birthday to the two of them again!

They should not remove titles but the Queen should tell them Privately they can not use the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Prince Harry should continue to be Prince Harry but Meghan should use Meghan Windsor. To me when you get on TV and go after the family they should not be allowed to use titles. I also do not believe Archie and Lili should have Prince or Princess titles since they won't be working Royals and not living in the United States. She doesn't have to remove the Dukedom. They removed HRH, they can tell them the Dukedom is not theirs any longer and if they use it take them to court. Yes, it would get ugly but oh well. The UK public is all that matters and the law.

I would not draw the conclusion that H&M were not invited, they may have chosen to not attend.

As I said earlier today, I think the limited appearances suit the H&M narrative that they are only in the UK to support and see the Queen. The rest of the family, especially C&C and W&C are "baddies" in the narrative spread by H&M, and they do not necessarily want to be seen too much in public with them.

Today much of the UK media commentary said they choose not to attend, and they were surprised by it because all of the extended family were there. I tend to agree. Frankly I think they only came to spend time with HMQ and that is what they did. Outside the service they stayed out the limelight which is what many wanted. So it was a win/win for everyone.

Fair to think that, I don't see an issue with it, it's his title

Which he uses incorrectly. As does his wife. They are simply 'The Duke & Duchess of Sussex'. That's it. Nothing else.

This thread is closed as mods. need time to wield out the reported posts and take action towards posters who abuse this forum for their own crusade.

Do NOT continue the Sussex discussion in other threads.

New posters are advices to read this notice to understand wat can and can not be posted in the Sussex thread and why.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the photos. Lilibet's birthday portrait is adorable.:flowers:

What an adorable little girl! And red hair! I think she really resembles August Brooksbank!

I think she resembles Harry, actually, as well as Archie. Red hair runs on both sides of the family and I think it’s clear the Sussex kids have inherited it! Gorgeous!

What an adorable little girl! And red hair! I think she really resembles August Brooksbank!
Yes I agree and I believe it's more than just their age/stage in life.

Who resembles his mother. Does she look like Eugenie? I’ve never really known who she looks like. Certainly Beatrice is a Ferguson. Eugenie the Windsors perhaps and Harry does has a lot of his father in him despite the hit you in the face Spencer genes. And Lili is like him.

Sarah and Diana too have many ancestors in common. So who knows.

Last edited:
The Duke of Sussex was also seen playing polo yesterday, June 12.

According to the caption he fell off his horse and had to get a new one. „Harry went through three polo ponies in one hour, it appears to be a very grueling sport for the horses“:

** rex gallery **

:ermm:
Member yukari has shared the following news link:

** thetimes: Palace report on Meghan’s bullying ‘has been buried’ **
Thanks so much for sharing this! I had wondered what had happened to this report. I do hope that BP learned some things and that the investigation will inform any needed new HR practices. While I (and others I’m sure) would like to know the results of the investigation, due to ongoing issues with the Sussexes, I would imagine HM and the RF don’t want any more publicity about this.

Where there is smoke, there is fire….so very sad:ermm:

Smart decision..
Perhaps the results of the inquiry would have revealed short comings and unjust practices of Buckingham Palace and cast them in a negative light.

There's been more than enough unpleasantness without a load of newspaper headlines about bullying. The Sussexes are out of the Palace now, and won't be coming back.
Having said which, I can understand why people who felt that they'd been victims of bullying might feel that it's been swept under the carpet, and would be upset about that.

I hope that Harry can understand from the withholding of the report that dirty laundry (if any) does not need to be aired in public, in reference to his supposed tell-all book being published later this year. The RF are really the bigger person here in not releasing it.

I hope that Harry can understand from the withholding of the report that dirty laundry (if any) does not need to be aired in public, in reference to his supposed tell-all book being published later this year. The RF are really the bigger person here in not releasing it.

I hope Harry sees it that way. His actions in recent years, however, do not give me much confidence in his judgement and maturity levels.

I hope Harry sees it that way. His actions in recent years, however, do not give me much confidence in his judgement and maturity levels.

I think not releasing it avoids a blaze of coverage and potential retaliation. I think those that feel slighted are perhaps obviously still sore and probably want the words 'this was wrong.' But it was always an enquiry to improve matters. It is probably wise.

I don't understand, why is it automatically assumed that the content of the report would paint a negative picture of the Sussexes? We don't know the conclusion. It could just as easily acquit Meghan of the accusations.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 6: August 2021-

Smart decision..
Perhaps the results of the inquiry would have revealed short comings and unjust practices of Buckingham Palace and cast them in a negative light.

I think it could be that too. The findings could cast both them and the Sussexes in a negative light. That would be a PR nightmare. Especially for the Sussexes. HR practices can be updated. What exactly the accusations are is another thing.

Hopefully something was learned anyway, which was the point as I understand it. I think it was probably wise to keep the report sealed, but I understand if people who feel they were victims are upset by this decision.

Last edited:
It seems more logical to me the opposite.

Burying it makes me think there was something. They just don’t want the PR nightmare- or the Sussexes reaction to deal with. Possibly from a professional and personal pov.

I think that's a given but I also wouldn't rule out that the behaviour of others at times could also have been deemed inappropriate.

All we know for sure is that the Cambridge/Sussex team had a lot of new millennial professional workers and to them this was inappropriate.

What others put up with in the past who is to know but it seems pre all of this with Meghan that that household was harmonious.

We don't need to know the results and the workers need safeguards.

The doesn't change anything about the fact that personally for the people involved this is all very sad.

Last edited:
It seems more logical to me the opposite.

Burying it makes me think there was something. They just don’t want the PR nightmare- or the Sussexes reaction to deal with. Possibly from a professional and personal pov.

And a revelation that there was nothing to scathing accusations that suddenly flared up (and if I'm not mistaken, were alleged to be initiated by the Cambridges' communications secretary) ahead of the Oprah interview wouldn't be a PR nightmare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom