"Spare" memoir by the Duke of Sussex (2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, 99% of polls run by tabloid newspapers in the UK are extremely unscientifically conducted, aren’t weighted and therefore aren’t worth the paper they’re written on.

not at all. People simply think that the chances of the entire Wales family perishing at once, is minimal

As I explained, it would not require the entire Wales family perishing at once.

BTW, 99% of polls run by tabloid newspapers in the UK are extremely unscientifically conducted, aren’t weighted and therefore aren’t worth the paper they’re written on.

Of course it is whether a poll is scientifically conducted and properly sampled or weighted (as you stated), and not the identity of the media outlet or organization which commissioned it, that determines whether it is an accurate snapshot of the general public opinion.

I do not know how often they hold unscientific reader polls, but UK "tabloid" newspapers do regularly commission scientifically conducted polls on the royal family from the likes of YouGov.

Last edited:
When they got married, I didn't think they'd divorce. Then, they split for North America and my thought process began to shift and everything that's happened since then has only solidified my belief that she will dump him once she's squeezed him dry. But, maybe not, if she can't get the kind of financial settlement out of Charles that Diana got out of him & HLMQ - and she won't if they keep on with their attacks on the family. They've cut him off and his net worth is tied to their Sussex brand now.

I don't believe she will dump him.
At her age, and with her baggage, she is unlikely to do better, and she will need him to provide the lifestyle she enjoys.

I feel sorry and worried about the impact of the Kimmel-video has on Prince William, it's so unfair. It must hurt him deep down beside all anger about his stupid brother's actions.
Diana is his mother, too.
Let's hope he requests help to deal with all this unforeseen trouble coming ahead.

not at all. People simply think that the chances of the entire Wales family perishing at once, is minimal
This.

After this book and Harry's brave, honest, whatever he and Meghan want to call them interviews, I can't imagine the British public as a whole loves him after he threw in their face facts like:

1) They paid for this man's protection. He assaulted one of the men they paid to and whined how hard it was for him (the poor prince, not the protection officer);

2) One of the reasons they keep the family as their representatives is charity work. Harry mocked a disabled person and was an excellent representative of the culture of mocking privileged kids. All the while bleating about how important charity work with certain disabled people was. (The Invictus Games which, BTW, were organized to clear his tarnished image after the naked Vegas pictures.)

3) He moans how they bullied his perfect wife because there were unflattering articles in the media. Which she wasn't obliged to read by any means. When wife bullies employees who don't have the option not to show up for work, it isn't real bullying because others do it too, so it's all constructive criticism.

4) He presents himself and his perfect, high-achieving wife as poor stepchildren or orphans coming straight out of Dickens' novels because he doesn't want to disturb his millions, so everyone else should pay for him and the high achiever.

5) He insulted the past of the UK and tarnished the Commonwealth but still wants to indulge in the Commonwealth cake if only Pa would offer it to him and the Perfect One on his knees.

What do his defenders think on the hitting bodyguard and mocking the disabled matron parts?

Last edited:
(...)
What do his defenders think on the hitting bodyguard and mocking the disabled matron parts?

Unimportant, not worth any comments nor discussing, so let's talk about the bridesmaids' dress saga instead. You see, because "context" :whistling:

I don't believe she will dump him.
At her age, and with her baggage, she is unlikely to do better, and she will need him to provide the lifestyle she enjoys.

Maybe if Harry manages to destroy the last glimpse of dignity (we suffer from a lack of imagination until now he constantly went lower beyond belief)
I mean one day a mother usually realises what is good for her children and who isn't and Harry certainly isn't. At the moment it's just being the fun Dad chasing around but what about his mental problems.....

One can still hope that there was some sort of marriage settlementa bout the money.
Does Charles hold custody for the Markle children?

One cannot count on Doria, to me she seemed to be down to earth in the beginning or maybe I was only hoping this. But maybe she is emotionally blackmailed too or fears it, M. is her only child, there will be no other grandchildren so
most probably she decided to serve the couples wishes.

We will see :(

Unimportant, not worth any comments nor discussing, so let's talk about the bridesmaids' dress saga instead. You see, because "context" :whistling:
Interesting. The bridesmaids' dress saga actually has TWO contexts, both provided by the Sussexes. Meghan's wails on Oprah when she made it sound like callous Waity Katy watched the gentle bride collapse in tears and Harry's explanation that at best, she heard about it on the gravepine after he himself found Meghan weeping on the floor.

I don't believe either of those "contexts". But sure, what matters is that Catherine is guilty and Meghan is a victim. Always!

Does the unimportant part holds true when we're talking about sensitive Meghan weeping because she was unprotected and weak staff members weeping because they couldn't take the constructive criticism the sensitive Duchess heaped on them as well? Is the difference also unimportant to notice?

Last edited:
Good grief! That's outrageous, disrespectful and totally hilarious! I don't imagine Harry and Meghan ever thought he'd be mocked so mercilessly but to the rest of us, it was obvious that over-sharing his penis would invite ridicule. Their ignorance of consequences is just another example of the deluded bubble they live in.

As you sow, so you reap!!

Wowza, what fabulous schadenfreude !
Jimmy Kimmel directly insults and mocks Harry in the most spectacular way. By hitting out, actually parodying his creepy Freudian obsession with his dead mother, Diana.

Looks like the gloves are off, a real credible backlash is beginning that has turned the whining Sussex's into laughingstocks.

I bet Harry and Meghan will go silent now and plan how to deal with this bad PR fallout, that they definitely were NOT expecting, from America, no less.

No asking for "accountability and apologies" either from Royal Family. They probably realize they need to back off, *appear* to fall in line and get that Coronation invite too.
Which Charles would be foolish in my opinion to give them.

They *might* behave themselves for a while, but then all the drama would kick up again. The Sussex's can't help themselves, they are entitled, arrogant Drama Queens that thrive on controversy.

It was sooooo brilliant, I wonder if Harry and Meghan were watching it in real time too !

Poor William and ALL of Diana's grandchildren to *someday* see this possibly.......

All on you Harry, for a cheap, sleazy and downright bizarre "recollection" in your ridiculous Book. What MUST you be thinking now ??????

Another "parody" about the prince and his penis:

Never have I ever imagined anyone will make fun of Diana in such way.

Now, tell me again why it's a good idea to put that story in his book? Would Harrold start demanding apology from American media too? Or this is British media's fault too? Or the Royal Family has start colluding with American media so it's also their fault (you see, because they're jealous of his best-selling book and now trying to sabotage him)?

:lol:

And to this day he is still talking about his private parts, and William's too. Is there a Sigmund Freud chapter on Scepter Envy?

Prince Harry faces war crimes charge in stunning Spare backfire

(...)

In a stunning backfire from his memoir spare, the Duke of Sussex has landed at the centre of an international firestorm between the United Kingdom and the Islamic regime in Tehran.

The Iran Foreign Ministry’s official Twitter account turned its rhetorical crosshairs toward the Duke in an escalating row over the execution of UK citizen, and former Iranian deputy defence minister, Alireza Akbari.

“The British regime, whose royal family member, sees the killing of 25 innocent people as removal of chess pieces and has no regrets over the issue, and those who turn a blind eye to this war crime, are in no position to preach others on human rights.”

(...)

Well, mentioning his number doesn't really matter, right? Because what's important (the context) is it helps Harold in his PTSD and by sharing it he also reduces veteran suicide.
Anyway, let's just discuss the bridesmaids dress again. Or the book sales, it's best selling, right?

On serious note, at this rate inviting him to the coronation might not a good idea. Coronation is about the institution after all, not family gathering. Arabic counties will keep bringing up this story, not just about the kills count but also the war between Muslim vs Christian part. Yes I know, "context" is important, but do those people really care about it when they bring it up? Or should UK sacrifice any semblance of diplomatic relations with those countries for Harold? Well, maybe it will finally satisfy him because the most important thing is his feeling, right?

Prince Harry faces war crimes charge in stunning Spare backfire

Well, mentioning his number doesn't really matter, right? Because what's important (the context) is it helps Harold in his PTSD and by sharing it he also reduces veteran suicide.
Anyway, let's just discuss the bridesmaids dress again. Or the book sales, it's best selling, right?

On serious note, at this rate inviting him to the coronation might not a good idea. Coronation is about the institution after all, not family gathering. Arabic counties will keep bringing up this story, not just about the kills count but also the war between Muslim vs Christian part. Yes I know, "context" is important, but do those people really care about it when they bring it up? Or should UK sacrifice any semblance of diplomatic relations with those countries for Harold? Well, maybe it will finally satisfy him because the most important thing is his feeling, right?

And now the iranians.

Interesting. The bridesmaids' dress saga actually has TWO contexts, both provided by the Sussexes. Meghan's wails on Oprah when she made it sound like callous Waity Katy watched the gentle bride collapse in tears and Harry's explanation that at best, she heard about it on the gravepine after he himself found Meghan weeping on the floor.

I don't believe either of those "contexts". But sure, what matters is that Catherine is guilty and Meghan is a victim. Always!

Does the unimportant part holds true when we're talking about sensitive Meghan weeping because she was unprotected and weak staff members weeping because they couldn't take the constructive criticism the sensitive Duchess heaped on them as well? Is the difference also unimportant to notice?

I hate to go on about the bridesmaid dresses- but thanks for pointing out the very different stories the Sussexes have told. I think Finding Freedom tells the story differently too. Funny how even the Sussexes recollections vary.

I don’t take any of these versions at face value.

I’m willing to believe Meghan may have cried- but on the floor crying sounds over dramatic to me. (Like other passages from this book.) I know it happens- but I would expect the context to be more serious and traumatic than this.

Good point about the different crying stories in this book.

Another "parody" about the prince and his penis:

Never have I ever imagined anyone will make fun of Diana in such way.

Now, tell me again why it's a good idea to put that story in his book? Would Harrold start demanding apology from American media too? Or this is British media's fault too? Or the Royal Family has start colluding with American media so it's also their fault (you see, because they're jealous of his best-selling book and now trying to sabotage him)?

It is J. R. Moehringer's and/or Penguin's fault.

Not surprised they were both persona-non-gratis for the BAFTA Tea Party since Prince William is BAFTA President

Harry and Meghan wouldn't be so stupid to go after the US media, would they?
Well, I don’t think it had to do with him per say, just that the other board members just didn’t invite them.

I’m willing to believe Meghan may have cried- but on the floor crying sounds over dramatic to me. (Like other passages from this book.) I know it happens- but I would expect the context to be more serious and traumatic than this.

Good point about the different crying stories in this book.
And out of all of them, there is just one participant who proudly claimed that she could cry on demand.

What a curious coincidence :cool:

Not surprised they were both persona-non-gratis for the BAFTA Tea Party since Prince William is BAFTA President

Harry and Meghan wouldn't be so stupid to go after the US media, would they?

I don't think they have the money...

Harry did the Oprah Interview while his 99 year old Grandfather was on his deathbed.

Harry was in talks, and then put together the sordid, cheap shots galore, and petty "Spare" book while his grieving, and now we know ill Grandmother, was already dealing with THAT Oprah Interview fallout by her Grandson Harry. While the Sussex's were ALSO prepping their Netflix Docu-series attacking the Family and The Queens life legacy-work in The Commonwealth.... Empire 2.0

That Harry was preparing even MORE revelations to cause QEll and Charles and William devastating hurt and pain. Nothing to salacious, shocking or "weird" it seems left out.

It just seems that after watching the coverage for King Constantine's Funeral and how his Family and extended Family came together, it makes Harry's betrayal and actions so disturbing. Did Harry even see any of the Coverage ? Did ANY of it resonate with him ? Blood Family and Royal Families entwined and coming together.
Love, dignity AND respect was evident. For the Man and his position......so moving.....

It was so lovely to watch Constantine and Anne Marie's three sons honor their Father and Family in a display of united grief. Two of them would have been "Spares" to the eldest, Pavlos.
Same as another spare, Joaquim, Constantine's nephew who went to honor his Uncle AND support his Mother Queen Margarethe and brother Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark. In spite of all the "challenges" of last year......

Now we read of Harry's Book revelations causing him to be ridiculed AND even worse, causing national security issues.

I hope your 30 pieces of silver was worth it Harry and Meghan......

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but IF the Sussexes attended the Coronation, I believe it would make it much more dangerous for all concerned with the price on Harry's head from the Taliban. And the cost for so much extra security just to protect them from themselves!

I believe the best recourse is for the PM to deny their attendance, thereby saving face for Charles, but as others have said, does he have the backbone to do it? I hope so.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but IF the Sussexes attended the Coronation, I believe it would make it much more dangerous for all concerned ..

Yes. It's been mentioned.

Oh what a hornets nest Harry has poked...he should fire his entire PR team.

Maybe this is the only "right" thing Iranians have done so far,
if and I hope so this will cause so much diplomatic confusion
it will spare Britain from Harry at the coronation.
If I was Meghan(never expected to try this) I'd push him out right now for
putting my children to extra danger.

Maybe this is the only "right" thing Iranians have done so far,
if and I hope so this will cause so much diplomatic confusion
it will spare Britain from Harry at the coronation.
If I was Meghan(never expected to try this) I'd push him out right now for
putting my children to extra danger.

They are just using him to justify their crime.

Last edited by a moderator:
So "Harold" has :

1. Caused an increase in tensions between the UK and Iran, or at least given Iran an excuse to make it sound that way.
2. Made such an idiot of himself that people are coming out with spoofs like "The Prince and the Penis".

It really does take someone exceptionally stupid to manage both those things with one book.

Must be ALOT of finger pointing going on at Casa Montecito, IF they are even there with the horrible flooding in that area. LOTS. As I believe Meghan was highly involved in crafting the narratives in the Book.

The Jimmy Kimmel skit is devastating in its lampooning of Harry's "todger" fixation and creepy Mother issues. That's going to leave a mark for sure.

So much for aspirations of leadership and gravitas as a Game Changer. But at least we can rest easy, as the pressing question of whether or not Harry (and William) have been circumcised has been answered. Whew !

But the serious and damning-dangerous issue is Harry getting the Family-County embroiled in this foreign relations situation due to his boasting. And that's what it was. There was no reason to go into details and reopen that can of worms. None.

I doubt either Harry or Meghan can expect positive and lucrative endorsements and deals after this Books rollout. What Corporations would want him to sit on their Boards ? He is a laughingstock and a man not to be trusted. He records private conversations too. What A-lister or Company wants to deal with that?

Sadly, there probably will be a Spare ll, as that is the only money making opportunity left. Trashing the Family for cash.

Harry has proven in the book that he has deep seated emotional issues and lacks maturity and critical thinking and coping strategies too.
I think their dreams of being influential on the World Stage have blown up.

Last edited:
Let's hope so. In germany where we live at the moment there is a saying,
literally translated : next week another pig is hunted through the village.
As I am not of English mothertongue I don't know an equivalent, but sure the grman saying is understood.
Us are said to be super superficial, so let's see how fast they forget and H&M will be back, if they ever went out?

Let's hope so. In germany where we live at the moment there is a saying,
literally translated : next week another pig is hunted through the village.
As I am not of English mothertongue I don't know an equivalent, but sure the grman saying is understood.
Us are said to be super superficial, so let's see how fast they forget and H&M will be back, if they ever went out?

The British equivalent would be "Today's news is tomorrow's fish and chip wrapping". Another story will come along and grab the headlines. This one's lasting a good few days, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom