"Spare" memoir by the Duke of Sussex (2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisa, just want to respectfully disagree with you on one point in your comment.
"The young, beautiful, popular couple with ALL the star power was always supposed to be William and Catherine, NOT Harry and Meghan".

I think that William and Catherine had just as much star power as Harry and Meghan.

Meghan for her unbelievably *short* time in as a working Royal had BIG attention initially because she was the new kid on the block so to speak. And wildly different than what people thought Harry might marry. I believe that anyone that Harry might have married would have received Big coverage, in the British Press anyway, that Meghan alleges was so spiteful to her.

Interest in a bride, newly married in, would have died down after a while anyway. But lots was going on in the brief time the Sussex's were in the UK. After their marriage in May of 2018 until they basically left in Nov 2019 for Canada. In that mere 16 months they had a Baby and 2 Royal Tours. That's a lot of news for Media to cover.

It got amplified globally because Meghan was American, so there was lots of interest here in the States too.
American, divorced, biracial and an actress. She came off as eloquent and sure of herself in front of the Camera too. Unlike most other Royal Brides who seemed shy and unsure. She presented herself in the Engagement Interview as "wanting to hit the ground running". Her choice, her words.
I and it seems many were rooting for her. I still can't believe it fell apart in 16 months. Seems unfathomable.

Did She ever read up on the negative brutal coverage Pippa Middleton got for years ? Accused of being a gold digger and trading off of her Royal Connections. She wasn't even a married in.
Or Prince Philip ? "Phil The Greek" ? As he was derisively called.

He had a rotten time in the Press too. And in his own home.....initially. The Queen Mother never wanted Elizabeth to marry him, and in the first decade plus or so of his marriage, his attempts at modernization of Crown Estates and Homes were constantly blocked. Lots of attempts to initially sideline him and his influence, but he came to terms and then perservered and then flourished with many successes such as The Duke of Edinburgh Awards. It certainly wasn't easy for him in the beginning either.
I just wish People would remember ........
Did Harry prep her on ANYTHING ?

Last edited:
Meghan said that she thought that the tabloid ;press woudl be fair, which if true, shows how little she knew about the UK and its press. It is brutal and not fair.. but if someone comes into the RF and isn't that popular, she or he will usually get some respect if they keep their heads down and do their job over some years. But Meghan did not want to do that... nor did Harry

I find the idea that William planted stories through his staff not so probable. For as long as I’ve observed him - which is since his birth - he is a very guarded man. He does not play the press. Whenever he has to communicate something, depending on the subject, he uses one of a few ways: official communicate - for example about papparazzi following George when he was very little, “a friend says” - for example after megxit when we learned that “I put my hand around my brother’s shoulder all my life but I can’t do that anymore”, and very very rarely through outbursts - “we are very much not a racist family”.

I think that the way we are seeing things differs to the way Harry seems them. Lets go back to the Knauff emails and testimony.

Mr Knauf advised Prince Harry that it was “not a good idea” for Meghan to be directly involved in the book, as they should be “able to say hand on heart that we did not facilitate access will be important.”

The duke replied that he totally agreed “that we have to be able to say we didn’t have anything to do with it. Equally, you giving the right context and background to them would help get some truths out there. The truth is v much needed and would be appreciated, especially around the Markle/wedding stuff but at the same time we can’t put them directly in touch with her friends”.

Later the same day, Harry asked Mr Knauf: “Also, are u planning on giving them a rough idea of what she’s been through over the last 2yrs? Media onslaught, cyber bullying on a different scale, puppeteering Thomas Markle etc etc etc.

“Even if they choose not to use it, they should hear what it was like from someone who was in the thick of it. So if you aren’t planning on telling them, can I ?!”

Mr Knauf replied: “Of course – I’ve never stopped!”, and Harry went on to say: “Oh how I hope they report on it properly. Good luck!”

Meghan also previously referred to Knauf as an expert in handling these situation. From the above - I can pretty much say that Knauf was behind much of the favorable Sussex's press in the first two years of their marriage. All those private visits to charities, and leaked photos online and little acts of compassion.
Knauf was also the person who pass on much information about Harry to other biographers and I am pretty sure he did the same for Kate and William.
I always knew Knauf as Harry's man so I wonder how he ended up as been part of William's? I really would like Knauf's side of everything as many have told me that is where the truth is.

William and Kate do drop tip bits to the press - and while others might say it is playing the press. I dont think it is near as bad as Bolland's campaign. Knauf and Coen both played the press - do their principles know the length of the game?

Kate got grief from the press, as did Sophie, as did Sarah, as did Philip. And Camilla got horrendous grief. They all waited it out. If Meghan.honestly didn't expect any negative media attention, either she was remarkably naive, Harry failed badly to prepare her for her new life, or both.

Kate got grief from the press, as did Sophie, as did Sarah, as did Philip. And Camilla got horrendous grief. They all waited it out. If Meghan.honestly didn't expect any negative media attention, either she was remarkably naive, Harry failed badly to prepare her for her new life, or both.

Kate got oodles of grief from the press for years. How long did the tabloids splash "Waity Katie" across their headlines? And when William and Kate broke up briefly, the press dragged her heartbreak through the mud for ages publicly pitying her for losing out on the big score.

The simple truth is that it was always going to be expected for Harry and his bride to take a backseat to William and Kate, just because of what their roles and positions are. Harry and Meghan wanted to be the stars of the show, and are very bitter that they weren't going to be in the long term.

I think it was probably both of those things. In retrospect, I wonder if anyone who so carefully and diligently curated their own public image as much as Meghan did was ever going to be equipped for the inevitable pedestal-to-floor roller coaster of the UK media. Meghan's profile was precious to her and she worked hard to create it so no doubt she was totally thrilled at the notion of it being exploded into a global 'brand'. She didn't have a clue about what her new role really entailed and Harry failed to enlighten her through fear he'd lose her.

The half in half out was a non-starter from the RFs point of view and given we now know H&M were already in talks with American networks and Oprah about Archie's first "appearance" likewise we know Meghan didn't follow the usual rules in terms of accepting free gifts from companies hoping to get free advertising and PR from it. I think the RF and staff will have been alarmed at the thought of what the couple will have been doing in the other half of their time.

Half In Half Out would have been more likely (in fact a certainty) if they'd only wanted to move to America or South Africa or anywhere else and live privately from Trust Funds/ their own money, and returning for official duties from time to time. I think they might have been permitted to do it if Harry was going to take a job with a not-for-profit and even if Meghan carried on acting but limited to acting only with little PR appearances and no endorsements and the like e.g. "upholding the vales of the Queen". Leaving the UK and having a quiet life wasn't the problem, as much as Harry may try to suggest it was. It was what they wanted to do making money, deals and the like that was the problem.

Getting back to the book...I'm a little intrigued that Harry has only two interviews (Bradby and Cooper) to promote the book release. No book tour?

I suppose Bradby makes sense, since he's the guy who soft-balled Meghan's "are you OK?" question.

Cooper and 60 Minutes are harder to understand, though. 60 Minutes gets a lot of viewers, but if I were trying to hit the logical target audiences for this book -- royal watchers and younger women -- I'd have put him on daytime shows or late night.

The 60 Minutes audience is NFL fans and CBS viewers, who skew older. Unless this book is much different than the predictions, with lots of actual news or discussion about Harry's combat experience, it will flop with these viewers.

In the brief period between the engagement and wedding Meghan certainly had her share of criticism to deal with by the vile British press. Add to that she had to deal with racists attacks in print and on social media. Something no other royal woman has had to deal with.

Meghan admitted that she thought it would get better after the wedding but it didn't. It seemed to be constant criticism and vilification by the press on everything from the (in)famous baby shower (which to this day I still don't undertand what the fuss was about) to her dress length, nail polish...etc. It never ended and it continues to this day.

Getting back to the book...I'm a little intrigued that Harry has only two interviews (Bradby and Cooper) to promote the book release. No book tour?

Cooper and Bradby are probably just the beginning. I expect Harry to have other lined-up interviews to promote the book, but mostly shorter appearances on morning or daytime shows.

I think that the way we are seeing things differs to the way Harry seems them. Lets go back to the Knauff emails and testimony.

Mr Knauf advised Prince Harry that it was “not a good idea” for Meghan to be directly involved in the book, as they should be “able to say hand on heart that we did not facilitate access will be important.”

The duke replied that he totally agreed “that we have to be able to say we didn’t have anything to do with it. Equally, you giving the right context and background to them would help get some truths out there. The truth is v much needed and would be appreciated, especially around the Markle/wedding stuff but at the same time we can’t put them directly in touch with her friends”.

Later the same day, Harry asked Mr Knauf: “Also, are u planning on giving them a rough idea of what she’s been through over the last 2yrs? Media onslaught, cyber bullying on a different scale, puppeteering Thomas Markle etc etc etc.

“Even if they choose not to use it, they should hear what it was like from someone who was in the thick of it. So if you aren’t planning on telling them, can I ?!”

Mr Knauf replied: “Of course – I’ve never stopped!”, and Harry went on to say: “Oh how I hope they report on it properly. Good luck!”

Meghan also previously referred to Knauf as an expert in handling these situation. From the above - I can pretty much say that Knauf was behind much of the favorable Sussex's press in the first two years of their marriage. All those private visits to charities, and leaked photos online and little acts of compassion.
Knauf was also the person who pass on much information about Harry to other biographers and I am pretty sure he did the same for Kate and William.
I always knew Knauf as Harry's man so I wonder how he ended up as been part of William's? I really would like Knauf's side of everything as many have told me that is where the truth is.

William and Kate do drop tip bits to the press - and while others might say it is playing the press. I dont think it is near as bad as Bolland's campaign. Knauf and Coen both played the press - do their principles know the length of the game?

Every senior member of TRF needs to relate to the press somehow and one way to put a buffer between the family and the reporters is to hire well trained professionals to engage in the give and take with the press that’s needed to prevent total chaos. Of course there are off the record or background conversations between staff members and the media. That’s true for every organization or business that has a public relations component. And I can’t believe Harry doesn’t understand that.

I’d be interested in specific examples of what Harry considers “leaks.” Because he can’t expect that his father and brother would stop managing their own media relations just because he and Meghan had turned their relationship with the British press into a raging dumpster fire. And he also can’t expect that they wouldn’t take measures to ensure the fire didn’t spread. If a reporter kept coming back with questions about rumours about the relationship between Harry and William, or between Meghan and Kate, or whatever, it’s would be very reasonable for William and his team to try and calm things down by clarifying things off the record - “yes there have been a few bumps like you’d expect when a new person joins what’s essentially a family business, nothing that can’t be worked out with time and effort on everyone’s part, and certainly not as bad as rumours X, Y and Z that have been floating around.”

Harry’s either very naive or very duplicitous if he’s trying to turn routine media relations strategies into something untoward.

In the brief period between the engagement and wedding Meghan certainly had her share of criticism to deal with by the vile British press. Add to that she had to deal with racists attacks in print and on social media. Something no other royal woman has had to deal with.

Meghan admitted that she thought it would get better after the wedding but it didn't. It seemed to be constant criticism and vilification by the press on everything from the (in)famous baby shower (which to this day I still don't undertand what the fuss was about) to her dress length, nail polish...etc. It never ended and it continues to this day.

It doesn’t continue. All that was criticism was to do with money and planes and nonsense and etiquette. Can’t remember the last time anyone reported on anything to do with even her clothes. It’s all what did they say about the royals.

Given he quit and then took a job just for William and Kate should tell you all you need to know. Whatever happened, it went very sour very quickly.

Every senior member of TRF needs to relate to the press somehow and one way to put a buffer between the family and the reporters is to hire well trained professionals to engage in the give and take with the press that’s needed to prevent total chaos. Of course there are off the record or background conversations between staff members and the media. That’s true for every organization or business that has a public relations component. And I can’t believe Harry doesn’t understand that.

I’d be interested in specific examples of what Harry considers “leaks.” Because he can’t expect that his father and brother would stop managing their own media relations just because he and Meghan had turned their relationship with the British press into a raging dumpster fire. And he also can’t expect that they wouldn’t take measures to ensure the fire didn’t spread. If a reporter kept coming back with questions about rumours about the relationship between Harry and William, or between Meghan and Kate, or whatever, it’s would be very reasonable for William and his team to try and calm things down by clarifying things off the record - “yes there have been a few bumps like you’d expect when a new person joins what’s essentially a family business, nothing that can’t be worked out with time and effort on everyone’s part, and certainly not as bad as rumours X, Y and Z that have been floating around.”

Harry’s either very naive or very duplicitous if he’s trying to turn routine media relations strategies into something untoward.

I think he is quite paranoid as well. The Sussexes leaked to people all the time. They all have their sympathies ear journalists…you know the friends say ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

The issue with the baby shower was the fact that she was using a private jet to go to New York, going to the most expensive hotel in the city. Others would think, is all that necessary? They could have done something in London more private and low key. But no. Plus she walked right through the front door of the building when she could have taken a back door and would have assistance. It was just a bit showy and tacky. Yes it wasn’t paid for by taxpayers and her girlfriends paid for it and wanted to entertain her, but they could have done something without all the fanfare hoo ha. The Royals generally flack for being extravagant and showy so being low key helps.

The dress length and nail polish were ridiculous stories and Kate too has had similar flack from media about that too.

The issue with the baby shower was the fact that she was using a private jet to go to New York, going to the most expensive hotel in the city. Others would think, is all that necessary? They could have done something in London more private and low key. But no. Plus she walked right through the front door of the building when she could have taken a back door and would have assistance. It was just a bit showy and tacky. Yes it wasn’t paid for by taxpayers and her girlfriends paid for it and wanted to entertain her, but they could have done something without all the fanfare hoo ha. The Royals generally flack for being extravagant and showy so being low key helps.

The dress length and nail polish were ridiculous stories and Kate too has had similar flack from media about that too.

So much flack. They have to essentially be middle class with lifestyles. I don’t even think we know if Kate had any kind of shower or anything.

They could have gone more discrete let’s be honest.

Part of the reason Harry, actually Meghan, chose Anderson Cooper is they wanted to elevate the Interviews "cred" by having it conducted by a serious and well respected Journalist.
The reason I say Meghan is that She, not Harry, is familiar with different reputations of American TV Personalities and Journalists. Supposedly, Gayle King was interested in getting the Interview too, but Anderson got it.

Funny thing I remember about Gayle is that after the bombshell Oprah interview, She was the one who said She called the Sussex's afterwards and she relayed the info on her TV Morning Show to Viewers that the "conversations were NOT productive" between Harry and his Family immediately after the interview aired. So much for private conversations being leaked.
The other thing that stood out for me is this.....Gayle then said, and I quote, "Meghan HAS DOCUMENTS TO BACK UP EVERYTHING SHE SAID ON OPRAH".
Funny, that we have never seen these " documents " ........

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Harry had better hope that He and Meghan never split.
The fallout that Meghan would enact against him would be brutal, making the Johnny Depp -Amber Heard split seem like childs play.

Where OR who could Harry turn to if that were to happen ?
Does he realize this ? Both are products of broken homes and Meghan has already been divorced once too.

Last edited:

However there were also plenty of positive stories to be found in the well respected papers: The Times, The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph welcoming and praising her. The couple were widely welcomed and cheered when they made public appearances. Keep in mind that poll after poll conducted by well respected firms like YouGovUK and Ipso-Mori, clearly showed that the majority of British citizens had a positive opinion about Meghan joining the family. Much of the criticism that came after the wedding and pregnancy announcement did revolve around her expensive wardrobe and private travel.

As for social media, let's remember that Meghan and Harry are not the only members of the BRF who have had to put up with attacks, criticism, lies, etc..:sad: Even the organizations that the royals are patrons and presidents of have come under attack.

I just want Harry to tell us what stories were planted and what private conversations were leaked.
He is the one discussing his family.
Who provided information for Finding Freedom?
It is on record admitted by Meghan that they provided information, so could there be other occasions.
Why would they stop at the book.
Kettle pot comes to mind.

The Sussexes have never denied or commented upon TiaraGate ("What Meghan wants, Meghan gets!!") when HMQ was compelled to check Harry, who by the way came off looking much worse than Meghan in that story.

I have always suspected that this was a leaked story via HMQ's dresser/ assistant Angela because who else could it have possibly come from?:sad:

The Sussexes have never denied or commented upon TiaraGate ("What Meghan wants, Meghan gets!!") when HMQ was compelled to check Harry, who by the way came off looking much worse than Meghan in that story.

I have always suspected that this was a leaked story via HMQ's dresser/ assistant Angela because who else could it have possibly come from?:sad:

Well There have been multiple spins on it. It seems most likely it was about the trying on of the million pounds diamonds. I mean you can’t just ring up and ask for that stuff.

Anderson Cooper is an interesting choice for this interview. In 1975, his mother, among other ladies, was lambasted by Truman Capote in a notorious story in Esquire magazine, and Anderson has publicly commented on how hurt she was.

Well I guess I've come to a different conclusion about the Sussex's.
I think their smartly crafted narrative, that the main reason they left, after supposedly racist and brutal media coverage, with help from a complicit-conniving Palace (after a mere 16 months !) is a giant smokescreen. A lie.

I think that after the incredibly popular Australia Tour and glowing coverage after their wedding, that Meghan dissed as a "spectacle", they decided to formulate the half in - half out plan. I think the adulation literally went to their heads. And the ability to become Superstars ala Diana, while making a fortune too, seemed entirely possible, in their minds.

I think they were unhappy with their position in the UK, sadly. Their home, very underwhelming Frogmore Cottage, how it compared to other Royal homes. Royal protocols, that Meghan found stifling and archaic. Bans on accepting freebies from prestigious Suppliers that annoyed Meghan and the constant oversight of Buckingham Palace that had final say over how they conducted their lives.

I can, as an American, sorta sympathize with that. She was used to be in control of her life, but now She wasn't. Harry was dependent on Charles for money and Meghan had to abide by rules She didn't understand OR agree with. At all.

As Harry said in the Oprah Interview .....trapped. He was speaking about Charles and William, but I think that's how the Sussex's actually felt.

The HI-HO Plan would give them the best of both worlds. I REALLY think they thought they would get The Queens approval too for it.

Freedom to make money and greatly reduce oversight from the Palace. Elevate their position globally, as they would still be Commonwealth Ambassadors and still do a Tour or Two a year. Still participate in top "seats" at Royal Events too. Global visibility at The Balcony and in Carriage Rides, "while carving out a progressive new role WITHIN THE Institution" they said. They would be Game Changers.

And preposterously to "collaborate" with The Queen, Prince of Wales and The Duke Of Cambridge. As if the Sussex's are "equal" to The Queen in the hierarchy they keep moaning about.
It was ALL in the original Sussex's Manifesto. Nothing about the allegations they threw out starting with the Oprah Interview.

I wonder how much of that will be touched on in Spare ??? I'm sure, like the now changed story of how they met AND how they got engaged, then that whole disastrous rollout of the vetoed HI-HO Scheme. That too will come in for a big revision. Giant revision.

So, I don't buy the Media and Palace (the mysterious they) that abused them and drove them out narrative. That the Sussex's now use as gospel.
They *left* because they didn't like the constraints of their secondary and ultimately declining positions in "The Hierarchy".
I also feel that free wheeling Cali Girl Meghan just didn't like the UK either. To visit, sure, to live and raise her non princely kids in.....nope.
I think She realized that by Dec of 2018........ and by 2019 was working on a part time plan to leave.

Last edited:
I think for this book they are going for the intrigue and "what will be in the book" guessing to raise interest. It also gives them a good excuse for not putting Harry out there more - I'm sure whatever people they have left know Harry is a liability when allowed to talk and talk. It makes me think that there probably isn't anything horrendous or shockingly new in the book so better to keep it "elusive" so people go out and buy the book.

For a lot of books the balance of serialising the book vs people feeling they've read all the best bits already tips towards serialising because it raises the profile of the book, more people know about it and start to think, "gosh this might actually be a good read". Any one who is likely to buy Harry's book already knows about it so the benefits of serialising it tip towards people thinking they've read all the best bits. Instead they an use the two interviews to create more drama and headlines which they hope will push people into buying the book.

I read somewhere there will be a newspaper interview with him, they are guessing the New York Times as it was the one they turned to when Meghan had her miscarriage. Maybe they'll see how sales go and start to wheel Harry out more if they need a boost.

It would be interesting to know whether Anderson and Brady have been given and read advance copies of the book or are just doing interviews - thus they can't challenge Harry on any points in the book or whether they can (and then whether they will).

In addition to Meghan being upset that her profile was being damaged by the UK media, I agree with Granada's analysis above about their main reasons for leaving. It will be interesting to measure the weight given to all the various reasons in Spare.

The book is already a best-seller. I'm guessing the publisher has already made back the advance and production costs.

The RF has a mechanism for responding. They just don't always do it directly.

I think their smartly crafted narrative, that the main reason they left, after supposedly racist and brutal media coverage, with help from a complicit-conniving Palace (after a mere 16 months !) is a giant smokescreen.

I think that after the incredibly popular Australia Tour and glowing coverage after their wedding, that Meghan dissed as a "spectacle" they decided to formulate the half in - half out plan. I think the adulation literally went to their heads. And the ability to become Superstars ala Diana, while making a fortune too, seemed entirely possible, in their minds.

I think they were unhappy with their position in the UK, sadly. Their home, very underwhelming Frogmore Cottage, how it compared to other Royal homes. Royal protocols, that Meghan found stifling and archaic. Bans on accepting freebies from prestigious Suppliers that annoyed Meghan and the constant oversight of Buckingham Palace that had final say over how they conducted their lives.

I can, as an American, sorta sympathize with that. She was used to be in control of her life, but now She wasn't. Harry was dependent on Charles for money and Meghan had to abide by rules She didn't understand or agree with. At all.

The HI-HO Plan would give them the best of both worlds. I REALLY think they thought they would get The Queens approval too for it.

And preposterously to "collaborate" with The Queen, Prince of Wales and The Duke Of Cambridge. As if the Sussex's are "equal" to The Queen in the hierarchy they keep moaning about. It was ALL in the original Sussex's Manifesto.

So, I don't buy the Media and Palace (the mysterious they) that abused them and drove them out narrative. That the Sussex's now use as gospel.
They *left* because they didn't like the constraints of their secondary and ultimately declining positions in "The Hierarchy".

I mostly agree.

Attacks by the gutter press could/should have been ignored and/or a few serious ones litigated. They needed a sympathetic story to cover their true motivation for leaving. In my view Harry's suspiciousness and Meghan's egocentrism created a perfect storm where Meghan and Harry wanted to be in control, saw themselves as special, and didn't want to live in any situation that would fail to honour their/Meghan's "specialness." Harry leaks anger and suspicion whenever he speaks. Much of Meghan's public messaging is tone-deaf.

Maybe someone should introduce Harry to the princess from Japan who gave up her position in the Japanese imperial family to marry, and moved to the US, where both she and her husband now work for a living. She might be able to give him some pointers about how to leave a rigid system behind, establish an independent life, and remain close to their family of origin. He clearly has no idea how to accomplish that goal, even though he has stated that is what he wanted.

I beg to differ and see nothing wrong with what was done.

It was no different than other members of the royal family taking private jets and jetting off to expensive locations like St. Barts or Mustique.

Meghan's friends used their own money to celebrate such an important time in her life. The baby shower didn't come out of the tax-payer's purse so why on earth should people care.

I agree with the baby shower issue. Baby showers are a big deal here in the U. S., and they are usually thrown by female friends or relatives. Also, what’s the big deal with going out the front door of the hotel? Should she skulk around at her own shower?

It was no different than other members of the royal family taking private jets and jetting off to expensive locations like St. Barts or Mustique.

Meghan's friends used their own money to celebrate such an important time in her life. The baby shower didn't come out of the tax-payer's purse so why on earth should people care.

They aren’t expected to look ostentatious…apart from the obvious. But their lives are basically supposed to be dogs and country and patched clothes. Now Charles and and the Queen Mum liked their glamour. He has a harpist. I mean why?

They could have had a lower profile hotel. She could have gone in the back. It could have been more discrete. It would have served her better. In the end it was a show of money which is very not the royal family.

I mostly agree.

Attacks by the gutter press could/should have been ignored and/or a few serious ones litigated. They needed a sympathetic story to cover their true motivation for leaving. In my view Harry's suspiciousness and Meghan's egocentrism created a perfect storm where Meghan and Harry wanted to be in control, saw themselves as special, and didn't want to live in any situation that would fail to honour their/Meghan's "specialness." Harry leaks anger and suspicion whenever he speaks. Much of Meghan's public messaging is tone-deaf.

Maybe someone should introduce Harry to the princess from Japan who gave up her position in the Japanese imperial family to marry, and moved to the US, where both she and her husband now work for a living. She might be able to give him some pointers about how to leave a rigid system behind, establish an independent life, and remain close to their family of origin. He clearly has no idea how to accomplish that goal, even though he has stated that is what he wanted.

The head of counterterrorism for the metropolitan police gave an interview where he states that the threats against the couple made up about 20 percent of his workload, up from 6 percent before H and M married. In addition, there are countless internet trolls that make money from bashing this couple.

Harry and Meghan weren’t the crown couple in the UK. They didn’t really need to be senior royals, and the institution seems to be doing fine without them. As Harry states in the documentary, hating Meghan is a billion-dollar industry.

I’m wondering the same question you’re asking because it makes no sense at all! The two of them over exaggerate and put out a lot of imagined slights.

Consuelo is not an ancestress, but a distant relative. Anderson’s closer ties in aristocracy is to the Earls of Winchelsea and Counts von und zu Eltz families. But yes Consuelo was the one who made the term and funny enough, Diana herself I think used the terms too.

Countess Gladys Szechenyi (1913-1978) married Christopher Finch-Hatton, 15th Earl of Winchelsea (1911-1950).
Countess Gladys is the daughter of Count Laszlo Szechenyi, Hungarian Minister to the United States and Countess Gladys (Vanderbilt) Szechenyi.
My mother and I have relatives who worked for Count Laszlo and Countess Gladys Szechenyi.

You are entitled to your opinion. But when was the last time any member of the BRF went to any exotic location? William and Kate went to Mustique but that was many years ago and they don’t go on those type of vacations anymore.
I literally just said that it was her friends who paid for the expenses, but that’s not the point, the point was that as a newcomer to the BRF life, you don’t engage in showy celebrity culture because you”ll be crucified for it in the media.
It’s not about the money but about how a Royal presents themselves. Traveling for vacation is different from traveling all the way to New York for a baby shower. From one perspective, it’s just frivolous and royals especially the BRF for the most part have to be more low key.

Plus the costs were totaled up and wasn’t a good picture at all. Why do something that can easily be searched and looked up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom