Royals at UEFA Euro 2024 in Germany: June 14 – July 14, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No I don't think he is and seeing as he attending a wedding in Germany during the championships.
He could have sent the queen or Princess of Orange.
O wonder if he may receive the football team at the palace at some point after the championship. I believe he has done this for other sporting ocasions. Even it the team has not won or qualified for the final, they still got to the semi-finals and that is a great accomplisment

No I don't think he is and seeing as he attending a wedding in Germany during the championships.
He could have sent the queen or Princess of Orange.
Perhaps they are simple not interested in football. There are people who don't care about it.

O wonder if he may receive the football team at the palace at some point after the championship. I believe he has done this for other sporting ocasions. Even it the team has not won or qualified for the final, they still got to the semi-finals and that is a great accomplisment
He will probably have an audience with them post summer for photos!

Perhaps they are simple not interested in football. There are people who don't care about it.
Frankly, its part of his job. If doing only things one really cares about is the benchmark ... he'd probably be the Dutch King working from Greece.

When you're a head of state I think it's pretty bad to not support your people just because you're not interested or don't care...... it's not a hobby but your job.

Don't think that that belongs to the Job of a monarch. We never saw Queen Elizabeth II., Queen Margrethe II. etc attending football games.
maybe not the monarch, but a worthy representative, like William, Frederik who went when he was still CP.

Neither did Queen Beatrix attend many football matches in her day. Just the opening match of the European Championships in the year 2000, which was organised in The Netherlands and Belgium. She was seated between king Albert II and Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte in the King Baudouin stadium in Bruxelles. The ceremony was also attended by the heirs of all the Benelux monarchies and by Pss Mathilde and HGDss Maria Teresa.

I don't recall if she attended the final in Rotterdam. And she did officially open the Amsterdam Arena stadium (now Johan Cruijff stadium) in 1996, which included a friendly match between Ajax and AC Milan.

I think it may be the first time the King did not attend any of the matches, the previous European Championships in which the Netherlands participated he was always there IIRC. He could have sent at least the Princess of Orange this time.

Last edited:
No official announcement here yet, but apparently a German government spokesman has told Reuters that Prince William will also be attending the final, as will both the British and Spanish Prime Ministers, and the German Chancellor.

The papers are now speculating about whether or not George will go, as his school has now broken up for the summer holidays!

Seeing it online that William is going. The new UK PM and Culture Secretary already said they were (they won't miss a moment to be seen at this, I'm already bored of the oh so not funny remarks about how England have never lost a game under the new government). And of course Felipe...so big turn out.

No official announcement here yet, but apparently a German government spokesman has told Reuters that Prince William will also be attending the final, as will both the British and Spanish Prime Ministers, and the German Chancellor.

The papers are now speculating about whether or not George will go, as his school has now broken up for the summer holidays!
I do not think bringing George would be a good ideea. This is a footbal final that will have english supporters present and let us not forget the chaos and security issues the english supporters caused at the last Euro final

Has King Felipe and Infanta Sofia arrived? That's who I am waiting to see.
¡Vamos Esapaña! 🇪🇸⚽️ Let's Go!!!

Last edited:
More photos:

Last edited:
Congratulations to Spain, who were the better team on the night and the best team across the whole month. Another sad night for England 😓. Lovely photo of all 4 royals together.

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations Spain!! King Felipe looks very proud and love that Infanta Sofia is there with her dad just like she got to be there with her mom when the women's team won the WC.! 🇪🇸⚽🥇🏆

:previous: Seems like she's the lucky star of their NTs! They better brings her to North America in 2026:lol:

Back
Top Bottom