10th anniversary of the Proclamation of HM King Felipe VI. June 19, 2024.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Photos

Delivery of decorations of the Order of Civil Merit

More photos:

In Balcony:

Last edited:
In Balcony:

This is a second balcony. The first in the Plaza de la Armería where they saw the guard change, and the second in the Plaza de Oriente which is the same one from which they saluted in the proclamation.

Lunch

Lunch

What a sweet and lovely moment! What a loving family. I love the pictures from this moment.

That is a different balcony then from the one on which they were when presiding over the solemn change of the Royal Guard.

Is it just the clip or was this second balcony appearance too short? I think they could have stayed out a bit longer.
The second balcony appearance was not in the agenda. I image they only came out when told there were people and had no time for more. They had the Order of Merit Ceremony.

It seems it was a surprise for him? Apart from 'Thank you for everything' I didn't understand much but both parents were beaming with pride.

Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofía visit the Royal Collections Gallery

Last edited:

Last edited:
The Royal Family greeted the public, listened to a work specially composed by the violinist Ara Malakian for this anniversary and saw a video mapping projected in the Royal Palace.

Last edited:
Congratulations on His Majesty's 10th anniversary from us, Spaniards abroad for so many decades but still keep in touch with our country. 🥂

King Felipe has done the impossible, survive the poor decisions of his predecessor and show the country he would be remembered as the best and humblest king Spain ever had. I read comments in many of the Twitter links, some negative from people who want to tear apart my country and they were overwhelmed by even more comments saying Viva el Rey, long live the king.

If Leonor continues what her father started our country will have almost a century of stability we never had before.

The Royal House launches an Instagram account

They have received and been photographed with the first visitors to the exhibition. Today access to the Royal Palace is free.

Special webs about the exhibition

The Royal House launches an Instagram account

Long overdue but a welcome move into the 21st century.

The anniversary exhibition was inaugurated today, June 20:

** gtresnews gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Today, King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia inaugurated the exhibition "Felipe VI: a decade in the history of the Crown of Spain", organised by National Heritage, the Permanent Deputation of the Grandeur of Spain and Titles of the Kingdom and the Cultural Foundation of the Spanish Nobility.

The website that has been set up for the exhibition "Felipe VI: Ten years of history of the Crown of Spain".

It seems it was a surprise for him? Apart from 'Thank you for everything' I didn't understand much but both parents were beaming with pride.
I think you’re right that it was a surprise for him - very close family. The girls are such a credit to them both! If anyone has a translation, I’d love to see it😊

From the Crown of Spain Exhibition today at the Palacio Real in Madrid.

PPE Agency

I know most parents are proud of their kids but Felipe's pride is always very visible. He seems to be an emotional man, at least when it comes to his family. Very cute. On another note, the girls are very tall. With the exception of Felipe, they tower over all the other women in the room, and over some of the men. Leonor has movie star looks and presents even better on video vs photos. Considering how crazy the tabloids are in Spain, I think it's a miracle she's been spared so far from intense scrutiny. I find that interesting.

I think it's a miracle she's been spared so far from intense scrutiny. I find that interesting.

She hasn't been; she gets followed to dinner and clubs with female friends. She just hasn't given them anything to feed on yet.

Back
Top Bottom