Royals at the Paris 2024 Summer Olympics & Paralympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mary at handball

with her Denmark shirt, lest some people get bent out of shape for her showing support to Australia too : )

Frederik at Badminton
She looks great! And don't know why anyone should get bent out of shape for her supporting Australia (there were no Danish athletes in that particular event). She was not rooting against Denmark in that swimming event. Plus, at least the Australian athletes were getting some royal support.

Queen Letizia spent her third day in Paris supporting the Spanish delegation. The Queen was able to watch the competition in the company of the president of World Athletics, Sebastian Coe, who was awarded the Prince of Asturias Award for Sports in 1987.

Lol, love the selfie with Sebastian Coe 😂. Zarzuela putting their royals to work on social media

Queen Letizia had lunch today, Friday 2nd August, with the Spanish women's hockey team.

Women's 3x3 basketball match of the group stage between the Spanish and Canadian teams

Video - Queen Letizia, 2nd August

Last edited:
Letizia is so tiny compared to all the athletes!

I wonder if Spain has anyone competing in climbing, since she apparently does that herself.
I noticed it too 🤣, she appears so petite.

Video of Queen Letizia's visit to the House of Spain on Thursday.

She will leave Paris today, and King Felipe will take over. Before leaving, she attends the water polo match between Spain and Japan.

The Queen, with the Spanish men's water polo team after their victory

Sources at the Zarzuela Palace have reported that King Felipe will be in the French capital between 5 and 7 August, and Queen Sofia will be the one to close the shift of the royal family, travelling to Paris between 9 and 11 August, the day she will attend the closing ceremony.

Last edited:
Looking at the court Circular, Anne has returned to the UK - she has an engagement on 5th Aug. So if anyone else in the BRF is going to visit the Olympics I suspect we'll see them soon. There is an IOC meeting at the end of the olympics I think so I expect Anne will return at some point.

I would expect somebody from UK next week, its a big country with lots of athletes winning medals. I understand the presence of the Spanish too, not as successful as UK perhaps but a big team competing there. Denmark may be a different story with Fred's IOC history and Mary's interest in sports but I understand that the Swedes and Norwegians will only arrive late. Their focus is the Winter Olympics, and I doubt UK or Spain taking turns in 2026/Milan.

Princess Ann and the Monaco royals watch the rugby, don't know what day this was. Nice to see the children there.

King Frederik at boxing on Saturday August 3rd

Queen Mary at equestrian with Princess Benedikte

King Frederik and Queen Mary also watched men's tennis semifinals

Queen Mary with the dressage team after they won the silver medal

Last edited:
King Frederik at boxing on Saturday August 3rd

Queen Mary at equestrian with Princess Benedikte

King Frederik and Queen Mary also watched men's tennis semifinals

Queen Mary with the dressage team after they won the silver medal

Some great pictures!
Love seeing Mary and Benedikte together. Two horse fans!

Frederik and Mary catching tennis. A sport they both practice

Benedikte and her daughter Nathalie celebrating Denmark's silver medal

Princess Ann and the Monaco royals watch the rugby, don't know what day this was. Nice to see the children there.
That was already on July 27, you can find it on page 3 of this thread.

Grand Duke Henri and Prince Louis (who turned 38 today!) attended the Artistic Gymnastics Men's Floor Exercise Final today, August 3:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gtresnews gallery **

Expressen about King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia arriving to the Olympics.
Until the end, it's unclear whether the royal couple will arrive in Paris on Sunday in time to see Truls Möregårdh in the table tennis final, Sweden's first in 32 years. Margareta Thorgren said on Friday that the royal couple will be in Paris on Monday.
The Marshal of the Court Andreas Ershammar tells that the daily program items are decided on an ongoing basis, depending on the success of the Swedish athletes. The King and Queen will visit the Olympic village and the Swedish facility at a time that suits the Swedish athletes' competitions.
(..)
Victoria participates in the Paralympics for three days. Above all, it will be sport for her, but the Embassy and the Swedish Institute have come up with another surprise visit for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Mary and Princess Benedikte attended the individual dressage competition today, August 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Duchess of Edinburgh today:

And a gallery of the Duchess of Edinburgh watching hockey:

** gtresnews gallery **

Princess Tatiana is currently attending the Olympics as well:

And so is Princess Alexandra of Hanover with boyfriend Ben today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Albert was sitting in the same row as Sharon Stone when attending the athletics today:

** gettyimages gallery **

Benedikte at the handball game today

Frederik was watching the Olympic golf
What a sweet video of Queen Mary getting some quality time with one of the horses. Love it!

Photo of King Frederik and Queen Mary supporting the women's handball team on Saturday August 3rd.

August 5 today and Princess Benedikte was seen attending a Men's of table tennis match, before watching badminton:

** gtresnews gallery **

King Felipe is back in Paris today and first visited "the Olympic Village to greet volunteers, workers and athletes of the Spanish Olympic Team":

And King Frederik today watching badminton:

Princess Alexandra and her boyfriend Ben also attended today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Tatiana was seen at the Jumping Individual Qualifier:

And here are some great photos of the Duchess of Edinburgh celebrating the gold medal of Team Great Britain in the Women’s Team Sprint and the world record during the Track Cycling:

Grand Duke Henri attended a "Meet & Greet" at the House of Luxembourg yesterday:

Hopefully someone representing The King will be in Paris this week.

Four of the realms are doing very well - 29 golds in total so far for UK, Aus, Can & NZ.

The Aussies however are still in front of the Brits. Should be a law against it!

Outrageous!

And our friends in Ireland are doing very well too! Three golds! Erin go bragh!

Last edited:
King Carl Gustag and queen Silvia came directly from the flight to celebrate double Olympic gold medalist Sarah Sjöström, video from the King's speech.
The King offered an epic speech - which brought down cheers.
- As you may have noticed, the Queen and I are coming here directly from the flight, of course, to be part of an event like this. You have done hard work for a long time and have been at it for many, many years. Being able to hold out for this long and still be the world's best at this. Now we have two Queens here on the podium. Then you get to choose who you prefer the most. But one thing I do know is that we will give a real fourfold hurrah for Sarah.
The King asked Sarah:
- You were lucky to swim in real water anyway. How did the others who got to swim in the Seine fare?
Sarah Sjöström was happy about the attention from the King and Queen.
- It was a wonderful speech. I heard that there were many who laughed heartily and appreciated his words.
What is it like to be called Queen by the king?
- What a great honor.
In the evening, the royal couple will go to see Armand Duplantis go for the Olympic gold in the pole vault.

TT gallery

The King admitted to Expressen that he missed Sjöström's 50-meter race, they were on their way.
Queen Silvia also paid tribute to other Swedish achievements, although she also considers Sjöström to be the best.
- It is wonderful, fantastic. Sweden has been good and won several medals. But the gold yesterday was fantastic. And silver, in table tennis, you shouldn't forget that, was good.
Now the focus is on Armand Duplantis. The King said:
- We're crossing our fingers, it would be a shame if he does NOT succeed. The Olympics are different from regular championships. Great deeds can happen. We'll all have to keep our fingers crossed. It's about millimeters.
The King is known to shout loudly and get caught up in the excitement of the competition, but promises to keep calm in the arena and says he probably shouldn't shout. Afterwards maybe.

The Swedish Olympic Team:
Two queens on the podium!
Medal celebration for our swimming queen Sarah Sjöström at Sweden Arena.

Exciting evening for King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia while watching Armand Duplantis in pole vault.

Last edited:
Both Frederik and Benedikte are on hand to watch badminton today

and with the gold medal winner Viktor Axelsen !

Last edited:
Both Frederik and Benedikte are on hand to watch badminton today

and with the gold medal winner Viktor Axelsen !
Wonderful!! Congratulations to Viktor Axelsen! It has been so nice to see so many royal families enjoying the Olympics and going from event to event supporting their country's athletes...even sometimes athletes from other countries - I loved seeing King Frederik and Queen Mary meeting with the Australian athletes and Queen Mary cheering for the Australians (when not in direct competition with Denmark of course) and congratulating the gold medal winning swim team - such lovely video and photos there. They've always taken the time to visit the Australian team. And, it was lovely to see the Australian get at least some royal support from "their" Mary as they still call her! :love: ;)

Some additional posts re King Frederik at the badminton final:

Princess Benedikte also at Badminton (From BB)
(..)

King Felipe attended the women's 3x3 basketball semi-final match between the Spanish and United States teams at the Olympic Games

The King congratulates Vega Gimeno, Sandra Ygueravide, Gracia Alonso de Armiño and Juana Camilión after qualifying to play the 3x3 basketball final

Felipe VI greets Spanish fans at the Place de la Concorde in Paris.

King Felipe in athletics with Sebastian Coe

Photos with royals in athletics

Felipe VI attends a hockey game between Belgium's national team the Red Panthers and Spain, a quarter-final game

Felipe VI attends a hockey game between Belgium and Spain

Wonderful!! Congratulations to Viktor Axelsen! It has been so nice to see so many royal families enjoying the Olympics and going from event to event supporting their country's athletes...even sometimes athletes from other countries - I loved seeing King Frederik and Queen Mary meeting with the Australian athletes and Queen Mary cheering for the Australians (when not in direct competition with Denmark of course) and congratulating the gold medal winning swim team - such lovely video and photos there. They've always taken the time to visit the Australian team. And, it was lovely to see the Australian get at least some royal support from "their" Mary as they still call her! :love: ;)

It's really nice, how they both have that connection. Frederik also taking the time to visit the Australian athletes. And Mary, even after 20+ years away from Australia doesnt forget her roots and the Aussies dont forget her.

The gold medallion winner for Denmark had some nice words about Frederik
OL-finale: Axelsen - Vitidsarn | Følg med live
"- He said that right now I'm the king, but then I said that I'm not - "it's you", it sounds with a big laugh, before he continues:
- I am deeply proud that His Majesty has been here. I also looked straight up at him when I was leading 19-11 in the third set and was about to **** my pants. Excuse my language. There I thought that I had better get myself together. And luckily I did, and I am deeply honored. I am so happy and proud. Thank you so much."

Frederik was also interviewed
"- We have to move on and see what we can get out of the medal harvest, and I hope that his (Viktor Axelsen, ed.) victory has motivated the others to give it one last shot, said King Frederik, who predicted a silver medal for Anne-Marie Rindom.
Just a few minutes later, it was confirmed that the Danish sailor has secured the silver medal, if only she starts the medal race on Tuesday and does not make a false start."

Back
Top Bottom