Royals at the Paris 2024 Summer Olympics & Paralympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exciting evening for King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia while watching Armand Duplantis in pole vault.
Terrific photo! Grand Duke Henri, King Felipe and Princess Amalia in frame as well!

Lovely!
Henri and Felipe

The Swedish Royal Couple, Grand Duke Henri, King Felipe and the Princess of Orange

Henri greeting Silvia

I like how at ease Leticia is when she talks to athletes. I think she's doing great job as a queen & her being a former journalist definitely helps. 👍
You don’t see it quite as much in this video, but in others she is very careful to shake everyone’s hand 👏

The unbelievable Armand Duplantis, one-of-a kind and his fantastic World record, winning the Gold medal with 30 cm margin to the silver medalist! It must be so special to the King and Queen to see this competition. Duplantis said to Swedish media at a press meeting after the qualification: "If the King is here watching me, I have to do a good job".
The 8th medal for Sweden. As a sports fan, this was one of the greatest moments I have ever seen in my life.

The photos clearly showed how much the royal couple got into Duplantis gold and World record hunt. When "Mondo" sailed over the world record height of 6.25, the King roared his joy.
- It is fantastic that the royal couple is here and that they really dare to live with and let everything go. Unbelievably lovely, says Sweden's national team captain Kajsa Bergqvist.
When she sees the picture of the euphoric King, she bursts into laughter:
- It's an absolutely fantastic picture!

The King and Queen congratulate Armand Duplantis, photo from Instagram stories of the Royal Court
Pic

Gallery of the King and Queen with Armand Duplantis
TT gallery

Last edited:
Last edited:
Seeing Duplantis mark a new world record is a memory for a lifetime. Goodness gracious, that was just UNBELIEVABLE! The crowd, his competitors & the world cheering in unison, watching him attempt something bigger than Bolt's 9.58. I'm so so grateful to have witnessed it from my living room, and so jealous of everyone at the Stade de France.
6.25 leagues above the sky!

King Felipe and the Princess of Orange watching 3x3 basketball

What a sweet photo of King Felipe and Princess Amalia!

When she sees the picture of the euphoric King, she bursts into laughter:
- It's an absolutely fantastic picture!
It is a fantastic picture of CG - and Silvia too!

Lovely to see the Princess of Orange on her own. She looks absolutely lovely. And she was lucky to be there as the Dutch team won. Nice to see her next to the King of Spain, with whom -judging from the hugs- she must be quite at ease. She must have met him when she lived in Madrid and during the state visit her father thanked the Spanish royals for their help when Amalia was there.

Wonderful photos of the King and Queen of Sweden as well, who witnessed a sensation indeed.

Lovely to see the Princess of Orange on her own. She looks absolutely lovely. And she was lucky to be there as the Dutch team won. Nice to see her next to the King of Spain, with whom -judging from the hugs- she must be quite at ease. She must have met him when she lived in Madrid and during the state visit her father thanked the Spanish royals for their help when Amalia was there.

Wonderful photos of the King and Queen of Sweden as well, who witnessed a sensation indeed.
I believe he is her godfather but I could be mistaken. :flowers:

Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa together Princesses Nora and Anunciata of Liechtenstein attended the "Team Lëtzebuerg" event some days ago, some nice photos were released this morning:

I believe he is her godfather but I could be mistaken. :flowers:
Amalia is not his goddaughter. King Felipe and Queen Letizia supported Amalia during her stay in Madrid, and it is clear from their gestures that they have established a good relationship, and that Amalia feels comfortable with them.

King Felipe at the canoeing competition

King Felipe attends the women's water polo quarter-final match between the Spanish and Canadian teams

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia following equestrian jumping individual final today. Sadly, Henrik von Eckermann was eliminated.
TT gallery

About King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia meeting Armand "Mondo" Duplantis
"Mondo" promised before the competition that if the king were to be in place inside the Stade de France, he would "go big".
He did too – and afterwards the king and queen hugged the Olympic gold medalist inside the arena.
- I don't really remember what he said. I think he said congratulations. I am very grateful that he was here and I hope he liked the show, I am very grateful that they came here and supported me. It means a lot to me to have all the Swedes here in the arena. It's special, said Mondo.

King Carl Gustaf's comforting words to von Eckermann
- Yes, what can one say. Even a champion can have problems with the horse and himself... I didn't really see what happened. The refusal, missed, in the wrong direction and so on. There are two parties that must work simultaneously and that is what is so exciting, the cooperation that must work in all situations. Even the horses feel excitement from this. It's like when my father was in the Olympics in equestrian jumping in 1936 and his horse refused. This was a difficult course.

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended the Swedish Olympic Team's celebration to Armand Duplantis, his gold medal and World record. The King gave a speech:

Imago gallery

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia watch Armand Duplantis receive his gold medal today.
Imago gallery
Imago gallery

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended in the evening men's team table tennis quarterfinal match between Sweden and Germany.
Imago gallery

Last edited:
CP Haakon was watching the equstrian jumping where Isabell gulliksen became nr 24, and he will be at the track and field today to cheer for Jakob Ingebritsen who is hoping to win the 1500 meter gold. The court has confirmed that CP Mette-Marits departure from Oslo has been delayed but that she hopes to travel later.

Hopefully someone representing The King will be in Paris this week.

Four of the realms are doing very well - 29 golds in total so far for UK, Aus, Can & NZ.

The Aussies however are still in front of the Brits. Should be a law against it!

Outrageous!

And our friends in Ireland are doing very well too! Three golds! Erin go bragh!
Congratulations to the four realms as they continue their Olympic journeys.

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended the Swedish Olympic Team's celebration to Armand Duplantis, his gold medal and World record. The King gave a speech:

Imago gallery
I feel like the King and Queen have honestly adopted Mondo on some level after this. :wub:

Frederik with the Danish golf athletes
"H. M. The king supports the Danish athletes through thick and thin, and that's why he is also involved in their sports!
Today he has been out with the Danish golf athletes and walked a few holes"

Frederik with the Danish golf athletes
"H. M. The king supports the Danish athletes through thick and thin, and that's why he is also involved in their sports!
Today he has been out with the Danish golf athletes and walked a few holes"

Great photos! I love how much he supports all the athletes. It is no just the male sports but the females as well!

Great photos! I love how much he supports all the athletes. It is no just the male sports but the females as well!

Indeed. And the less popular sports overall too. Love his pre-Olympic visit to some of the athletes .

Some nice words and more pics
"As a country we are so lucky to have a King and Queen who show such incredible support and passion for all our Olympic athletes 💪🇩🇰"

"A bit of extra motivation after King Frederik X came to show us support on our last day of practice! "

King Carl Gustag and queen Silvia came directly from the flight to celebrate double Olympic gold medalist Sarah Sjöström, video from the King's speech.
The King offered an epic speech - which brought down cheers.
- As you may have noticed, the Queen and I are coming here directly from the flight, of course, to be part of an event like this. You have done hard work for a long time and have been at it for many, many years. Being able to hold out for this long and still be the world's best at this. Now we have two Queens here on the podium. Then you get to choose who you prefer the most. But one thing I do know is that we will give a real fourfold hurrah for Sarah.
The King asked Sarah:
- You were lucky to swim in real water anyway. How did the others who got to swim in the Seine fare?
Sarah Sjöström was happy about the attention from the King and Queen.
- It was a wonderful speech. I heard that there were many who laughed heartily and appreciated his words.
What is it like to be called Queen by the king?
- What a great honor.
In the evening, the royal couple will go to see Armand Duplantis go for the Olympic gold in the pole vault.

TT gallery

The King admitted to Expressen that he missed Sjöström's 50-meter race, they were on their way.
Queen Silvia also paid tribute to other Swedish achievements, although she also considers Sjöström to be the best.
- It is wonderful, fantastic. Sweden has been good and won several medals. But the gold yesterday was fantastic. And silver, in table tennis, you shouldn't forget that, was good.
Now the focus is on Armand Duplantis. The King said:
- We're crossing our fingers, it would be a shame if he does NOT succeed. The Olympics are different from regular championships. Great deeds can happen. We'll all have to keep our fingers crossed. It's about millimeters.
The King is known to shout loudly and get caught up in the excitement of the competition, but promises to keep calm in the arena and says he probably shouldn't shout. Afterwards maybe.

The Swedish Olympic Team:
Two queens on the podium!
Medal celebration for our swimming queen Sarah Sjöström at Sweden Arena.

Exciting evening for King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia while watching Armand Duplantis in pole vault.
What a beautiful speech by the king. No wonder that everyone was so enthusiastic. It was beautiful to call the athlete a queen 🌷🇸🇪

RTL had a short interview with pss Amalia, after she attended the [horse] jumping competition, in which the Dutch won a bronze medal:

She seemed very relaxed & confident and said she thought it was 'really cool'. She praised Mikail van der Vleuten (the bronze medallist) and said that the parcours is very difficult and that she was still shaking from exitement. The reported remarked it must be special for her to be there. She agreed: 'It is my sport [she does horseriding and jumping herself] and I really think it is very sweet how people take me along all the time. I am therefore very grateful to the team'.

The King and Queen Silvia watched the Swedish table tennis men beat Germany in the quarter-final. The King said he is no expert, but it's a lot of fun to be here and watch. An even match that made it long and exciting.
How does the King view the Russians' participation? (15 Russians compete under a neutral flag in the)
- I have no comments about that at all.
How are the Olympics for the King? Why is it important to be present?
- It is interesting personally. We have been to as many Olympics as we could. It has become like a tradition. To show our commitment. Plus, it's fun. And I have great benefits. Getting to go around and meet both players and managers and hear some background information. It makes you understand different sports better.

Last edited:
King Felipe today, August 7:

Grand Duke Henri has thanked the Luxembourg athletes today, they've concluded their Olympic participation today:

Prince Albert and Princess Alexandra visited the French Red Cross Operational Centre in Montrouge to hear about "the system set up during the @Paris2024 Games and meet some of the volunteers":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

King Felipe with the water polo team

King Felipe with the taekwondo team

King Felipe in the quarter-final beach volleyball match

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom