The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2023 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect for the occasion,lovely colours and nice for late Spring.

I find that particular yellow immensely unflattering on her. I don't think there's another color she looks worse in.

I find that particular yellow immensely unflattering on her. I don't think there's another color she looks worse in.

I understand that it's the official color for the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust. The students and others are wearing lanyards in that color.

Gorgeous trousers fit like a dream. So glad she’s not wearing heels

I understand that it's the official color for the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust. The students and others are wearing lanyards in that color.

I actually really like it on her. She probably wouldn’t have worn it otherwise but I like sunflower type yellows

She has worn very similar, unaffiliated yellows before, though.

Well-intentioned as this instance may be, since it's impossible for her to look great in everything, to me this is a particular Achilles' heel.

I actually really like it on her. She probably wouldn’t have worn it otherwise but I like sunflower type yellows

This is very much the colour of the season here.

The Princess of Wales is wearing a green Suzannah dress for her engagement at the Anna Freud Centre today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...cess-Wales-visits-Anna-Freud-London-home.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Obsessed with that shade of green on Catherine. I wish she had bought a different dress instead of a variation on a dress she already has. But we know she likes her duplicates.

Well, if you got' em, flaunt 'em! Delicious color and she always looks so totally put together and chic.

Kate has been wearing some fashions I think QE would cringe at,but the King must not mind. I have noticed this on other Royal Ladies too, a relaxing of the “rules”.

I love the color and think she looks really nice today

I think she looks great. The slit really isn’t that high imo. I’d wear something like that to work.

A lovely dress, but I don’t like the shoes .

This is very much the colour of the season here.

The Princess of Wales is wearing a green Suzannah dress for her engagement at the Anna Freud Centre today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...cess-Wales-visits-Anna-Freud-London-home.html

Its a nice colour but don't like that slit in the dress,too revealing.

A lovely dress, but I don’t like the shoes .
I thought the cut and colour of the dress looked lovely until we got to the split in the front which emphasised the amount of bare leg showing by the longer length of the dress. Add a pair of ugly "statement" shoes that suit nothing else she's wearing and all you have is 'look at me', 'look at me', look at me'. It is almost as if she is reverting to her past super short dresses that "just happen to blow up in the wind and exposing her bare buttocks and panty's". Dresses like this ensure the undivided scrutiny of the media in the race for the money shot,

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=lrqHPaBaYYczq3uIh_5dCctlpGbLDKrh2YwUEYWYO_U=

I thought that sort of tacky behaviour was well and truly behind her and that she had matured past that and had attained a level of self-assured elegance that comes with knowing and accepting that she really is the centre of most everything and the media are covering every little move she makes in public. But this is just inappropriate and tacky. So yes MsJulie, standards have fallen but I cannot imagine why. That ensemble is a definite private occasion one.

Last edited:
She looks perfect and that slit is not tacky.

The daily mail of course is going to post her in movement when the slit is showing it’s full self. But, even at its full length, it’s just above her knee. Hardly scandalous. She’s worn slits many times before. I remember a blue Aquazzura dress that created a hoopla because she was photographed climbing out of a car and god forbid, the slit showed a lower half of her thigh.

But, in real life, those moments are a split second. Usually the slit is not showing and I think it’s a beautiful color on her.

And, really, if more people emulated how Kate dressed, everyone would be dressing quite conservatively. Her style is very much a throwback, which I actually like.

There’s been very few top royals who I’d say dressed inappropriately (ugly dresses, yes, but not inappropriate). An exception being Letizia on rare occasions who has worn leather pants/dresses on more somber, official events (I don’t care if she does it on more casual outings). And, Meghan had an unfortunate dress while pregnant that was way too short to be on a raised stage sitting cross legged. The venue always has to be considered, and those are the occasions I think royals have gotten wrong.

But, Kate has done very well. The wind blowing incidences at the beginning were not due to length or slits, the one in India was a rather long skirt, but rather not enough weighted hems.

She looks perfect and that slit is not tacky.

The daily mail of course is going to post her in movement when the slit is showing it’s full self. But, even at its full length, it’s just above her knee. Hardly scandalous. She’s worn slits many times before. I remember a blue Aquazzura dress that created a hoopla because she was photographed climbing out of a car and god forbid, the slit showed a lower half of her thigh.

But, in real life, those moments are a split second. Usually the slit is not showing and I think it’s a beautiful color on her.

And, really, if more people emulated how Kate dressed, everyone would be dressing quite conservatively. Her style is very much a throwback, which I actually like.

There’s been very few top royals who I’d say dressed inappropriately (ugly dresses, yes, but not inappropriate). An exception being Letizia on rare occasions who has worn leather pants/dresses on more somber, official events (I don’t care if she does it on more casual outings). And, Meghan had an unfortunate dress while pregnant that was way too short to be on a raised stage sitting cross legged. The venue always has to be considered, and those are the occasions I think royals have gotten wrong.

But, Kate has done very well. The wind blowing incidences at the beginning were not due to length or slits, the one in India was a rather long skirt, but rather not enough weighted hems.

I have to agree, I don't think the slit is either tacky or inapporpriate. The Princess is always well dressed, and I don't disagree with most of her fashion choices.

A really lovely shade of pink for the Chelsea Flower show :previous:

A lovely dress, beautiful shade and nice styling. Perfect for Chelsea .

This is a very pretty shade of pink and I agree that it is perfect for Chelsea.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom