The Prince of Asturias Awards All Years Untill 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes... Coverage of the awards begins at 18:30 Madrid time.

The quick coverage of the audience is now over. It just showed Felipe and Letizia distributing medals (I suppose that they are of the Foundation?) and then they had the laureates lined up for a photo. So far so good for the pregnant Princess... she looks relaxed, smiling, and beautiful... I look forward to seeing the photos probably in a few minutes?

It looks like the color of the afternoon is red... almost all ladies, including the Princess had a red jacket on :)

oh good, i can still watch it at home. thanks kartheina!

Red and black they are the colors of the morning:lol: ... The Princess, Mary Robinson and the Chairwoman of Uniceff, also the Queen who has just come to the hotel dresses of black and red, with a suit that dressed last week in a concert.

From getty

William H Gates, father of Microsoft founder Bill Gates and co-president of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation listens at a press conference in Oviedo, where he will receive the Prince of Asturias Award Laureate for International Cooperation on behalf of the foundation.

Former Irish president Mary Robinson arrives for a press conference in Oviedo, northern Spain, 20 October 2006, where she will receive the Prince of Asturias Award Laureate for Social Sciences.

Members of the gold medal winning Spanish basketball team where they will receive the Prince of Asturias Award Laureate for Sports​

Last edited:
I really don't think that it was quite good answer when the Princess said that it is going to be the Prince to say when little Leonor will visit Asturias! And she doens't have anything to do with that?

RhapsodyBrat said:
oh good, i can still watch it at home. thanks kartheina!
For sure... they keep repeating the footages in the TVE news, so I'm sure you won't miss it ;)

lula said:
Red and black they are the colors of the morning... The Princess, Mary Robinson and the Chairwoman of Uniceff, also the Queen who has just come to the hotel dresses of black and red, with a suit that dressed last week in a concert.

Lula... probably there was a memo on the dress code that was issued :lol:

OR... the ladies thought that red will perk people's spirits up considering the rain that is pouring in Oviedo these days.

Last edited:
What a nice outfit! Red is the best colour for her. Luckily she felt good enough to attend that morning act :)

The Princes receive the Awardees in OviedoOviedo. EFE

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia had a hearing this noon with the awardees of this year’s Prince of Asturias Prizes, which in its twentieth sixth edition has been granted by the Foundation that the Heir to the Crown presides over. The Princes saluted each of the awardees, and (with them) posed in a group photo after Don Felipe gave them the standard/pins of the prestigious awards.

First in greeting the Princes were the representatives of the National Geographic, awardee of the prize on Communication and Humanities; followed by the players of the Spanish Basketball Team, headed by their coach, Pepu Hernandez, who also traveled to Oviedo.

Others that were presented before the Princes were: the awardee of the prize on Scientific and Technical Research, Juan Ignacio Cirac; the one on Letters, the New York writer Paul Auster; and the Spanish film director Pedro Almodóvar, prize on the Arts, who was accompanied by his brother and producer, Agustín. The last ones in greeting the Princes were: the father of Bill Gates, William Gates (who is in Oviedo to receive the prize on International Cooperation on behalf of his son and his daughter-in-law – the only absentees in this afternoon’s ceremony); ex- president of Ireland Mary Robinson (Social Sciences) and the director of UNICEF, Isabel Croqwley, (Concord).

All of them will be present at 18:30 hours in the Campoamor Theater of Oviedo, where the Princes of Asturias will preside over the solemn ceremony of the delivery of the awards that, as in every year, the Queen will follow from the theater’s box of honor.

… Before greeting the awardees, the Princes de Asturias also shook hands with the presidents of the juries who this year have screened/selected the awardees – the representatives were headed today by the ex-president of the Xunta of Galicia and senator Manuel Fraga.

The princes also received the patrons of the Prince of Asturias Foundation and at mid-morning, they also met with trustees of the institution who have contributed financially to support the foundation’s activities since its creation.

This group is composed of personalities with different social backgrounds, who have lent some form on direction/guidance or have contributed to the economic sustainability of the institution. The Princes will attend an informal lunch with the awardees and the guests to the ceremony at the Campoamor Theater -- which will take place at 6:30 this afternoon.

Link: http://www.abc.es/20061020/cultura-cultura/principes-reciben-premiados-oviedo_200610201320.html

2d2as1z.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all for the wonderful pictures. Especially for the links to be able to see it live on internet. I can't wait to see it tonight :) Letizia looks great

Photos from ANP

Last edited:
The Queen is wonderful today !!!!!!!!!!

we can tell now that she is really pregnant and her belly is starting to get bigger

From Reuters

And one of the best images of the day, for the first time a Prize Prince of Asturias donates the Prize to another Prize Prince of Asturias.
http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1433&pIdSeccion=64&pIdNoticia=454602

The Spanish Selection of Basketball there donated today the money of the Prize Prince of Asturias of the Sports 2006 to the Institution UNICEF, which also will receive today the prize to the Concord.​

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
we can tell now that she is really pregnant and her belly is starting to get bigger

Are you sure ?:lol:

i'm happy to see that letizia is in oviedo. i must say i was quite dissappointed by the fact she may not have gone...

she looked a bit 'bigger' in the pictures from the arrival yesterday, in that blue dress. her face looked fuller...

i really liked the red and flowery outfit from today. really elegant.

The coverage at TVE-International has started.

The guests & laureates have arrived at Campoamor Theatre.

The royals have left Hotel Reconquista, and in a few minutes will arrive at Campoamor Theatre.

The Queen is in fushia colour suit.. I totally love the Queen's outfit.. so lovely to see the inside top & how fitting it looked.

Letizia is in pink dress (a bit glittery & covered up to her neck), with pink checquered coat (with black bag).
The hair is similar to that on 2004 (the curly ones).. she looks really lovely (with pink shoes).

Now, they've entered the Campoamor Theatre

The ceremony has started, and The laureates are now called to go to the front..

Euronews covers it live.
Both Queen Sofia and the Princess of Asturias look absolutely wonderful! :flowers:
The Queen's outfit is great! I really love it.
Letizia looks a bit tired though.

Last edited:
Letizia looks lovely, the neck is a little to high though IMO. Her hair looks very beautiful. The Queen looks perfect as always, though to me she looked like the tired one, not Letizia! Felipe is very handsome :clap:

Paul Auster has his speech now. The Princess is beautiful, and the Queen, as always, perfect :)

...sOfIa.... said:
Letizia looks lovely, the neck is a little to high though IMO. Her hair looks very beautiful. The Queen looks perfect as always, though to me she looked like the tired one, not Letizia! Felipe is very handsome :clap:

May be you are right, the Queen can looked a little bit tired if we considere that in four days she has had most of seven oficials acts!....:flowers: What an estupendous Consort!

On an other field, we can reamrk that the Duke of Palm is not here contrary to an information of yesterday which told that he w=should be here.

adelaide said:
May be you are right, the Queen can looked a little bit tired if we considere that in four days she has had most of seven oficials acts!....:flowers: What an estupendous Consort!
Yeah! But the Queen looks perfect, doesn't she? :wub:
I love the colour of Letizia's dress :wub: What can i say about Felipe... gorgeous as always is that enough? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom