The Prince of Asturias Awards All Years Untill 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As an aside, the photography exhibition looks incredible. I don't know anything about the photographer but the images that I am seeing here is stirring my interest. It looks like the curator has taken advantage of the physical environment not only to showcase his work but to integrate it into its themes. It must be quite an experience to walk among these huge photographs that are enclosed by those beautiful and enormous frames which are in turn embedded in this open physical setting.

lula said:
:flowers: It is confirmed, Princess Letizia arrives this night:flowers:

Really??? That's fantastic. Thank you so much for this news. You just made my day :flowers: I can't wait to see her tommorow :)

An article from "ABC":

http://www.abc.es/20061019/sociedad-sociedad/principe-felipe-concluye-jornada_200610192126.html

Prince Felipe concludes his day in Oviedo with a concert
Don Felipe has presided over tonight in Oviedo, in the Audience who takes his name, the concert of closing of XV the Week of the Music, organized by the Foundation Prince of Asturias and Cajastur.
This concert has ended the official acts of today, previous to the morning day, when in the evening the solemn ceremony of delivery of the Prizes is celebrated in the Campoamor Theater Prince of Asturias in its XXVI edition. The Prince has arrived at the Audience minutes before the eight in the evening, after receiving the hearing, in the Hotel of Reconquista, to different social groups from the Principality.
The governing body of the Official School of Brokers of Oviedo, the Cultural Association Llacín, the board of directors of the Aeronautical Circle Jesus Hard Fernandez and the governing advice of the Asturian Pharmaceutical Cooperative were this behind schedule with Don Felipe.
The president of Asturias, Vicente Alvarez Areces, received Don Felipe to his arrival the Audience, where Symphonic of the Principality, accompanied by the Choir of the Foundation and the one by the Orchestra of the State of Sao Paulo, they interpreted works of Tchaikovsky, Rimsky-Korsakov and Prokofiev. He directed to three Maximiano formation Valdés, titular and artistic director of the Symphonic one of the Principality of Asturias, that counted tonight in addition on the collaboration to the Russian mezzosoprano Zlata Bulycheva.
After the concert, the Prince has predicted to attend a typical supper to that the awarded ones of this year are invited and the patronos of the Foundation that summons the awards.
A day tightened in Oviedo
This morning, when concluding one first turn of official hearings, the Prince of Asturias inaugurated in the park of San Francisco an outdoors exhibition of photographies of the Brazilian Sebastiao Salgado, awarded in 1998 with the Prize of the Arts, and that accompanied to Don Felipe during its route by the sample.
For tonight, according to a spokesman of the House of the King informed to EFE, is expected the arrival to Oviedo of the Princess de Asturias, who tomorrow will be next to her husband in the presidential table of the solemn act of the Campoamor Theater. Doña Letizia, who the last year could not travel to Oviedo by the proximity of the birth of Infant Leonor, has delayed her arrival to the Asturian capital by advice of the doctors who take care of their second pregnancy.
Like in previous editions, Reina will tomorrow occupy the theater box of honor of the Campoamor Theater, where from six and the average one afternoon the delivery of XXVI the Prizes Prince of Asturias will be celebrated.

What a good notice!! Tomorrow will be a great day for the princes.

Prince of Asturias presided at the concert of closing of the Week XV of Music, organized by the Foundation Prince of Asturias and Cajastur, that there will take place in the Audience Prince Felipe of Oviedo.

From terra

Spanish Princess Letizia arrives at Oviedo

From reuters via yahoo​

Last edited:
Princess Letizia arrives in Oviedo, northern Spain, 19 October 2006, where she will participate 20 October 2006 in the "Prince of Asturias" Awards ceremony. Photo credit MIGUEL RIOPA/AFP/Getty Images

Is that a maternal dress?, she is just 3 months pregnant, in that speed the baby will be like his/her father! so big.

If you can see, in the first pic, princess Letizia has a very notable little belly, so cute!
I'm really exciting.

Last edited:
AFP PHOTO/ Miguel RIOPA

The good thing is she seems to be very happy, almost all the pictures are of her smiling.great choice of dress, great color, im not sure about the jacket. Its good to see her, though she looks really tired, maybe abit plae. I hope to see more pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video of the acts of the Prince of Asturias today
http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/servlet/Noticias?destino=../a3n/noticia/noticia.jsp&sidicom=si&id=11682645

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/dona_letizia_oviedo_premios_1152848.htm

Dona Letizia comes Oviedo to accompany her husband delivers Prizes

The Princess of Asturias came this night to Oviedo, where tomorrow, on Friday, she will accompany her husband, don Felipe de Borbón, in the ceremony of delivery of the Prizes Prince of Asturias, who will begin at 18:30 in the Theatre Campoamor.

Dona Letizia came minutes before 23:00 to the hotel of The Reconquest of the Asturian capital, place in which habitually the Princes lodge at their official visits to the region.

http://www.hispanidad.com/noticia_ep.aspx?ID=20061019232250

Dona Letizia says on having come to Oviedo that is "well" and that Leonor will visit Asturias " when the Prince says "

The Princess of Asturias assured today at her arrival to Oviedo that " she finds very well ". Dona Letizia came alone to the Hotel Reconquista at 22:50 where she was waited by journalists and several dozens of persons. Asked about her daughter Leonor she assured the being that the small one " finds well, marvellous " and as for a close visit of the Infanta to the Principality, Dona Letizia commented that " it will take place when the Prince says ".

Dona Letizia, who was taking a mauve dress and a leather coat, was grateful on having stooped the car the wait to the journalists and some ovetenses that were waiting in the exterior of the hotel in spite of the rain.
After posing for the photographers, she returned to be grateful for the presence to the journalists.

Dona Letizia will be present tomorrow at the ceremony of delivery of the prizes that will be celebrated at half after six in the afternoon in the Campoamor.

The Princess delay her trip to the Principality one day due to the inconveniences of her second pregnancy.

I love that she is there... she looks so lovely and she is wearing the cross of the victory

From terra

The prince was not waiting for her in front of the hotel :bang:

Last edited:
lula said:
:flowers: It is confirmed, Princess Letizia arrives this night:flowers:
I was sure of it.

I think that Letizia is more relaxed after all these days of rest. It is incredible to see the beautiful that she is without make up...
I wish to see tomorrow Letizia, I am sure that she will be extremely handsome

Lauritas138 said:
I was sure of it.

I think that Letizia is more relaxed after all these days of rest. It is incredible to see the beautiful that she is without make up...
I wish to see tomorrow Letizia, I am sure that she will be extremely handsome

:wub: Yeah,I agree, she is one of the few women that I have seen in my life who looks stunning without make up.;)

Agree. It's good to see her (and littlr one) again more relaxed and glowing of her maternity:wub:

fanletizia said:
From terra
The prince was not waiting for her in front of the hotel :bang:

:lol: He was "working", if to a dinner it is possible to call work. After the concert, the Prince had a dinner with the employers and protectors of the Fundation (those who put the money;) ).

From canal fpa

Last edited:
:lol: Of course not! A true Prince is able tobe in several places in the same time!!! Can you imagine this guy who is able to inforce to make to travel his wife while she has pregnancy's sickness when he was at a concert!!!:lol:

what a relief.
It is great she is there.
when the ceremony begin?I think Euronews will brodcast it live.

Lena T said:
As an aside, the photography exhibition looks incredible. I don't know anything about the photographer but the images that I am seeing here is stirring my interest. It looks like the curator has taken advantage of the physical environment not only to showcase his work but to integrate it into its themes. It must be quite an experience to walk among these huge photographs that are enclosed by those beautiful and enormous frames which are in turn embedded in this open physical setting.

You are totally right, the exhibition seems absoultly fantastic, i think that the frame are in steel, a little bit as a sculpture of Saura who is making enormous pieces of sculpture with brut steel which is taken the rusty clour because they stay outside.

Finally, she has made it to Oviedo :flowers:.... For a while, I was bracing myself to not be disappointed just in case the pregnancy does not really permit Letizia to come.

http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=7208a0083e42fgig1.jpg

I'm not much of a fan of textured/patterned stockings and tights; but under the circumstances, it was easy to look past them. What is important is that the princess has made it to Asturias for the awards and that she looks happy (and beautiful too, even with no/minimum make-up). I look forward to more photos tomorrow. If Felipe was beaming throughout the hearings today, I bet that he'll be moreso tomorrow, now that his wife is there :flowers:

dazzling said:
AFP PHOTO/ Miguel RIOPA
http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3884779nf0.jpg

The good thing is she seems to be very happy, almost all the pictures are of her smiling.great choice of dress, great color, im not sure about the jacket. Its good to see her, though she looks really tired, maybe abit plae. I hope to see more pictures.
I love the jacket over the dress. It's very urban chic.

Last edited by a moderator:
MIGUEL RIOPA/AFP/Getty Images.Spain's Prince Felipe looks at a picture by Brazilian photographer Sebastiao Salgado, part of his new exhibition titled 'Genesis' in Oviedo, northern Spain, 19 October 2006. The Genesis series is a twelve year project in which Salgado is attempting to capture the world in its most pristine state

lula said:
:lol: He was "working", if to a dinner it is possible to call work. After the concert, the Prince had a dinner with the employers and protectors of the Fundation (those who put the money;) ).

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=301431

The night of Trascorrales

After the concert of closing, the guests dismissed the day together with the Prince Felipe

It treats about one of the indispensable appointments in the agenda of the Prizes Prince of Asturias . When the first day almost had ended, the square of Trascorrales received last night to the employers of the Foundation Prince of Asturias , as well as to many representatives of the cultural Asturian life in a dinner deprived which Don Felipe attended.

The entry to the enclosure developed with normality and the attendees' abundance passed little by little until there came the shift of the institutional procession. The Prince accompanied by the chief of the Royal House, Alberto Aza, was the first one of the procession. After them, the president of the Principality, Vicente Alvarez Areces, and the chairwoman of the General Meeting of the Principality, Maria Jesus Alvarez. They closed the group of institutional representatives the delegate of the Government, Antonio Trevín, and the mayor of Oviedo, Gabino de Lorenzo.

Nevertheless, when there took place the entry of Don Felipe to the interior of the former square of the fish, already many attendees had passed. One of the most early rising was the businessman Plácido Arango. The exministros Matías Rodríguez and Jose Lladó also came to the appointment before that the Prince, as the political and diplomatic Marcelino Oreja, and Manuel Gómez de Pablos, honorary president of Iberdrola.

The pace of access there was marked by the ending of the concert of closing of the Week of Cajastur's Music in the Audience Prince Felipe. This way, in the university plane stands out the rector Juan Vázquez, together with the emeritus teacher Jose Antonio Martínez Alvarez. Whereas in the managerial area stood out Jesus Sánez de Miera, executive of the food corporation Peñasanta, Jacobo Cosmen, of the managerial group ALSA, and Fernando Masaveu. Little later there came the ex-president of the Principality Sergio Marqués. Also there were present at the meeting Sabino Fernandez Campo and Maria Teresa Alvarez.

They close the group of attendees, the representatives of the Foundation Prince of Asturias, Graciano García, director, and Jose Ramon Alvarez Rendueles, president.

The rain prevented that congrase before the doors of back yards so much public as in past editions, when the Princess Letizia was one of the protagonists of the party and one of the prominent figures preferred by the ovetenses.

From seegerpress

Last edited:

Felipe and Letizia return together to the theatre Campoamor

The Princes of Asturias will preside today, for the second time from marriage, the ceremony of delivery of the prizes that take the name of the title of the inheritor of the Wreath. The act foreseen for the six and average of the evening in the theatre Campoamor of Oviedo, will possess the assistance of the queen dona Sofia. In representation of the Government there will be the ministers of Education, Science and Sport, and Culture and the secretaries of State of International Cooperation and Sports. There will represent, likewise, the presidents of the autonomous communities of Cantabria and Castilla-La Mancha . Together with don Felipe and dona Letizia there will sit down in the table the presidents of the Principality, Vicente Álvarez Areces, and of the Foundation, Jose Ramon Álvarez Areces.

In this edition, the sixth vigésima of the prizes, the awardwinners are the National Geographic Society (Communication and Humanities), that will be represented by the president, John Fahey, and Reza Deghati (Iran), Enric Sala (Spain), Constance Ceruti (Argentina) and Michael Fay (The) (United States).

The Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodóvar (Arts); the Foundation Bill and Melinda Gates (International Cooperation), which will be represented by William H. Gates and Mimi G. Gates, parents of Bill; the Spanish physicist Juan Ignacio Cirac (Scientific and Technical Investigation); the North American writer Paul Auster (Letters); the jurista and ex-chairwoman of Ireland Mary Robinson (Social Sciences); Unicef (Concord), which will be represented by chairwoman Ann Veneman, and the Spanish selection of basketball, which gained the Championship of the World last September, they are the rest of the winning ones.

Headed by his trainer Jose Vicente Hernández, Pepu, and for Pau Gasol, practically all the members of the team - with the exception of the players of the NBA - will sit down in the Campoamor: Carlos Jiménez, Philip Reyes, Juan Carlos Navarro, Alex Mumbrú, Marc Gasol, Carlos Cabezas, Rudy Fernandez and Berni Rodríguez, as well as the technical body Joan Creus, Rafael Vecina and Jenaro M. Díaz.

As in the last two editions, the winning ones they will accede to the theatre and to the scene accompanied of a fanfare of the composer English John Adson (1587-1640), interpreted by a musical set integrated by eight wind instruments metal. Forthwith, only they will receive the diploma. Jose Ramon Álvarez Rendueles, Paul Auster, William H. Gates, Mary Robinson and Ann M. Veneman will be the managers of speeches declare. There will be a service of simultaneous translation that will include three languages: English, French and Spanish.

A group of pipers will interpret the anthem of Spain, to the beginning, and that of Asturias, at the end of the ceremony, which duration will be of an hour and fifteen minutes, approximately. Later, the Princes and the Queen will move to the hotel of the Reconquest, in which they will offer a receipt. More than thousand integral persons of twenty-five bands of bagpipes and twenty groups folclóricos of the whole Asturias will encourage the streets of Oviedo. The Foundation has installed a giant screen in the square of the Escandalera.

The ceremony will be re-transmitted directly by the TVE's First one, the International Channel and the Channel 24 hours of TVE, as well as by CNN + and by the Television of the Asturias (TPA).

Last edited:
The ceremony will be re-transmitted directly by the TVE's First one, the International Channel and the Channel 24 hours of TVE, as well as by CNN + and by the Television of the Asturias (TPA).

And Euronews too.;) :flowers:

http://www.canalfpa.com/ing/index.html

Acts of this moorning

12:00 Events
Audience of HRH the Prince of Asturias with the Prince of Asturias Foundation´s Trustees and Patrons.
Salón de Consejos of the Reconquista Hotel.

12:30 Events
Audience of HRH the Prince of Asturias with the President of the Juries, members of the Prince of Asturias Award and Foundation Boards of Trustees, and 2006 Prince of Asturias Award Laureates.
Salón Covadonga of the Reconquista Hotel.

12:30 Events
Official photograph of HRH the Prince of Asturias with the 2006 Prince of Asturias Award Laureates.
Salón Covadonga of the Reconquista Hotel.

Across Internet you can watch it in

Prince of Asturias Foundation channel
http://www.canalfpa.com/ing/index.html

Television of Asturias
http://www.rtpa.net/emisionDirectoTPA.htm

Thanks for all pics, is such a relief she is already in Oviedo. She did look awesome, even without make-up, I thought her to be more tired than she was, it was already 23.00. The dress (definetely pre-mummy type for me!) and leather coat looks great on her, I thought she would wear something more casual and comfortable for the travel, but anyway, it's such a pleasure to see her smiling all the time :)

Article and pics from "hola":
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/10/20/letizia-oviedo/

"Princess Letizia is already in Asturias"

447i5jr.jpg
48ddgcz.jpg

Last edited:
There are showing the audience with the laureates LIVE now! I am watching TVE International.... the Princess is present in the act :flowers:

gah, i'm still at the office and we don't have cable here! i'll probably have to watch it on the news later. :ohmy:

but i believe the official ceremony starts at 18:30 right?

Back
Top Bottom