The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 - July 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn’t be the Harry show. It’d be Chelsy using her agency to go after people who committed a crime against her, along side the other 104 people who have claims against MGN.

I was alluding to the drama and attention that surrounds Harry. I think Chelsy is more than happy to be away from it. She's found happiness with her husband, has a young child and a business that not only allows her to travel but also connects her back to her homeland in Africa. The moment she files suit she will be thrown right back into endless media spotlight, drama and negativity and relentless social media discussion about her and her former boyfriend.

A number of posts have been deleted since they had nothing to do with current events for the Sussex family, and instead involved either rehashing old events, or responses to those posts. Let's stick to the topic of the thread, please.

The above explains perfectly what I was trying to say back along when I posted about Archewell and questioned the point of it. You've hit the nail on the head beautifully. Thank you! :flowers:

Meanwhile here’s today’s UK front pages for anyone who is interested:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-67734386

or here - it says "thursday" in the link but it will take you to today's pages:

https://news.sky.com/story/thursdays-national-newspaper-front-pages-12427754
Wow, thank you for your kind words - I’m glad you liked my post:flowers: and thanks for the links!

Tabloid newspapers would be hardly likely to lead on their front pages with Harry’s win in the High Court against a fellow tabloid and its publisher. Much more likely to tuck that bit of news away inside on page four or five or their equivalent. Phone hacking is hardly a favourite subject with many, after Leveson.

The Guardian broke the hacking scandal. They were always going to put it on the front. Simple matter of pride.

No xmas wishes only happy holiday season on the card released,

this is how christian culture is lost, and H&M go along, no surprise though.

A very happy approach to Xhristmas on my behakf,
have a blessed time everybody.

Wow, thank you for your kind words - I’m glad you liked my post:flowers: and thanks for the links!

You're welcome! ?

The article isn't very nice but I couldn't find a positive one
What I'm trying to post is their Christmas picture-i was going to crop it and post it on its own but I don't think we're allowed to do that

Anyway here is the Sussex's Christmas photo

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1846294/meghan-markle-christmas-card-success-politics-move

Yeah seen this already, not impressed. Very corporate, like something you would get from an estate agent you used to sell your house back along, trying to drum up business in 2024.

No mention of family either :ermm:

It is a Christmas card from Archewell rather than the Sussexes themselves and I would be surprised if that card is in fact one sent to close friends etc. I think they’ve sent a private family one to them rather than Archewell associates.

It is a Christmas card from Archewell rather than the Sussexes themselves and I would be surprised if that card is in fact one sent to close friends etc. I think they’ve sent a private family one to them rather than Archewell associates.

Well yes, one would expect so, but last year's "public card" if I remember correctly included the words "from our family to yours and on behalf of the Archewell foundation" and the year before that was a photograph of them with the children with words about family beneath and mentioning donations.

I can understand them not showing photographs of the children as they get older to protect their privacy, it just seems a bit odd IMO not to mention family at all after mentioning them in previous cards, if that makes sense.

Probably. It’s just a business holiday card. As another poster noted- it’s like a card you’d get from your real estate agent. Or a politician.

Pretty bland and generic. Which is probably basically what they were going for.

Last edited:
I think if the Sussex's mention the word "family" they will wear the inevitable criticism. Perhaps they are steering clear of it this season?!

Speaking of the Guardian, they have this article:

Labour backs away from press reforms after Prince Harry’s phone-hacking court victory

I doubt this decision has anything to do with Harry, but I don't think this is the result he had in mind when made that "slaying the dragons" statement.

Restricting the press has always been a dicey area. Those in positions of public power and/or power should be open to public scrutiny and accountability. So you don’t want to get in any way too deep with the press. However, where they blatantly breach privacy laws they must be held t account themselves.

Tabloid newspapers would be hardly likely to lead on their front pages with Harry’s win in the High Court against a fellow tabloid and its publisher. Much more likely to tuck that bit of news away inside on page four or five or their equivalent. Phone hacking is hardly a favourite subject with many, after Leveson.

Agreed. Funny. The smallest things, rumors and etc about the Sussex's are all they can talk about it. Until this.

No xmas wishes only happy holiday season on the card released,

this is how christian culture is lost, and H&M go along, no surprise though.

A very happy approach to Xhristmas on my behakf,
have a blessed time everybody.

There are more holiday's and culture's. There is nothing wrong with including everyone in the festive season. Many of which overlap in origin, traditions and etc.

And agreed. I kinda hopped to get a family one but moving forward, it's most likely going to be more company cards. Family photos will most likely be for family and friends.

--

And the Sussex's dont have to worry about mentioning the word family. As, like them or not, they are one and have one. It seems like they're going to continue to not show Archie and Lilibet so it makes sense they have just plain company cards.

It was also a nice photo selection.

Here's some news on the coffee company that Meghan had invested in a few of years ago. She now is in their recent ad.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rews-bizarre-new-ad-coffee-company-Clevr.html

Thanks for posting TLLK.

I got confused for a moment and thought she was still a working royal by marriage at the time of the investment! Then I realised she wasn't - they'd quit the previous spring - and it brought home to me just how brief her time in the BRF was.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting TLLK.

I got confused for a moment and thought she was still a working royal by marriage at the time of the investment! Then I realised she wasn't - they'd quit the previous spring - and it brought home to me just how brief her time in the BRF was.

November 2017 to February 2021 - from engagement till the final announcement “The Queen has written etc.”.

...... and it brought home to me just how brief her time in the BRF was.

November 2017 to February 2021 - from engagement till the final announcement “The Queen has written etc.”.

I see it as 18 months, from May 2018 (the wedding) to November 2019, when they left for Canada. The announcement came in January 2020, and they never returned to proper UK engagements, other than a handful in March 2020.

I see it as 18 months, from May 2018 (the wedding) to November 2019, when they left for Canada. The announcement came in January 2020, and they never returned to proper UK engagements, other than a handful in March 2020.

That’s how I see them, too, I just wanted to give the maximum leeway to those who believe in the royal aspect of their enterprises. I’ve just read someone’s comment about another royal who may be seen as endorsing a business. The comment was “how vulgar”. And I realised that that’s how I see H&M since leaving - descending into vulgarity, sorry for such a harsh word.

Yes, lovely to see. I don’t see anything particularly vulgar myself in appearing in the background of a fun ad for coffee. Especially if it’s a brand you have invested in and have supported for years.

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and their children were on vacation in Costa Rica:

https://www.crhoy.com/entretenimiento/fotos-y-video-asi-turistearon-harry-y-meghan-en-costa-rica/

Hope that they're enjoying the warm and sunny weather. I believe that is Lilibet on Harry's lap in the golf cart and Archie managed to avoid the paparazzi.
The article says that they were there from Dec. 14-20, 2023. So they've now come home to rather stormy weather up and down the CA coast.

I don't think they wanted to join the royal family for a formal Christmas. They seem happiest just as a couple.

Lovely sunny weather, exotic locale, what’s not to enjoy. It looks like a lovely family holiday.

I have to wonder if Lilibet is refusing to wear a hat because I can't see Meghan permitting her redhead and fair skinned daughter going without one so close to the equator...ah two year olds. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom