The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 - July 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Meghan looks healthy, well rested, and happy. Even though her outfit is fine, I’m a bit surprised at her choosing to wear shorts to this event. My experience of wearing shorts sitting in “bleachers” is that the metal seat is cold on your upper legs. But maybe this stadium has nicer seats more like a movie theatre.:flowers:

As a photographer, I assume you've personally been to the Goleta In-N-Out then since you speak in absolutes about the restaurant's layout and how it is and is not possible to get a clean shot :lol:

Having been to the Goleta In-N-Out myself many times when my daughter was a student at UC Santa Barbara, I can state that it would be difficult to get a "clean shot" from the customer service counter, through the very busy kitchen and focused on the drive through window.

Having been to the Goleta In-N-Out myself many times when my daughter was a student at UC Santa Barbara, I can state that it would be difficult to get a "clean shot" from the customer service counter, through the very busy kitchen and focused on the drive through window.

Especially if it was a "surprise event" and completely spontaneous and unexpected, which it was of course... not... ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...markle-late-invictus-games-2023-b2410433.html

“I’m really proud to be a part of this Invictus family with all of you..." MM says. Let's hope this family relationship works out better than the other ones! :whistling:

Well, Harry has spoken about them enjoying in and out plenty of times. It’s not like it’s wild for papa to sometimes hang out to see if they’ll get a picture. That being said, papa we’re probably called but I shrug. All Celebes or even royals, have photos arranged, stage photos of something or carefully curated photos to present an image to the world of what they want to show. Or if they want to seem a certain way. Different reasons, different ways of doing it but it’s all the same in the end, project the image you want. Some can look down on Meghan for doing it but I don’t see it as any different to some other staged shots for the RR. Either way, someone’s getting paid for the photos taken and articles written.

It seems if from the first IG until this one, the IG Family has accepted Meghan whole-heartedly into their ranks, love to have her round, so I don't see any issues being there �� it must be nice to be in that type of environment.

I was gone for an hour and so many more photos of them came out. It was cute to see the one with medals, as well with Team Nigeria, Harry got another pare of speedo's but with all of the nations flags.

And Glory Essien (Focused in sports recovery) who has been with Team Nigeria during the games stated that "At Lunch yesterday one of the soldiers told me & I quote “I’m happy I came here, now I know what to do with my life"

Which is also great to hear, I'm glad that IG could extend.

Along with the possible Team Kenya in the future.

And then Italy and Korea also planning on putting forth bids to host IG.

I don’t think I post videos but no worries, the games have been packed.

Harry and Meghan have been enjoying all the events they have been seen at. Nobody could have been more animated, enthusiastic, laughing, joking with competitors and their fellow spectators. It’s been an absolute joy to see!

Harry and Meghan have been enjoying all the events they have been seen at. Nobody could have been more animated, enthusiastic, laughing, joking with competitors and their fellow spectators. It’s been an absolute joy to see!

Absolutely agree! Although the media was having a frenzy that Meghan was not there, attached to Harry's hip in the UK and Germany, they are sending the message that they are a partnership and they support each other's endeavors. I do love seeing them together.

Agree. Meghan's PR are arranging all of this to ensure the optics are right for whatever she's planning on doing next.

Nothing wrong with that, mind you, its what every celebrity does, so she's following a well-worn, paparazzi littered pathway there!:lol:

I’m sure they are. It’s what they all do, true, it’s just incredibly obvious what they’re doing. Subtle is not a word I’d use for this. I’m sure it will be effective for some people though.

I think the ship has well and truly sailed for me ever seeing Meghan as relatable and down to earth. No matter how many drive thrus she’s photographed in or less expensive clothes. Or whatever.

Last edited:
Lots of empty seats; for security reasons, or just limited interest?

In the gallery attached to this post, although the pics were not generally of the crowds, it seemed a good turn out. Really hope the Games are well attended as it’s such a good cause. Having royals and celebs is a definite plus for the future of the event. Do we know if other royals are in attendance?

I’m sure they are. It’s what they all do, true, it’s just incredibly obvious what they’re doing. Subtle is not a word I’d use for this. I’m sure it will be effective for some people though.

I think the ship has well and truly sailed for me ever seeing Meghan as relatable and down to earth. No matter how many drive thrus she’s photographed in or less expensive clothes. Or whatever.

I agree with everything you have said.

Agreed! It all feels very fake and contrived to me.

Everyone does photo ops to push forward their ideas, charities etc. I have never heard or read anyone saying yes this is just my photo op. They all do it. It just is.
Glad to see how successful IG are but no surprise there.

In the gallery attached to this post, although the pics were not generally of the crowds, it seemed a good turn out. Really hope the Games are well attended as it’s such a good cause. Having royals and celebs is a definite plus for the future of the event. Do we know if other royals are in attendance?

As far as I know, there hasn't been any appearances from any other royals this year.

There has never been any other royals involved. For the first edition that took place in London Charles and William came, and last year in Hague it was Willem Alexander who came as head of the host country. Which I am not sure the president of Germany did.

There has never been any other royals involved. For the first edition that took place in London Charles and William came, and last year in Hague it was Willem Alexander who came as head of the host country. Which I am not sure the president of Germany did.

That is correct Ghost and I don't know if there will be any future participation from royals unless the games take place in a nation that has a constitutional monarchy as their form of government.

Didn't Crown Prince Frederik attend at least one of the Invictus Games?

ETA:
Answering my own question, he went to the Invictus Games in Sydney, Australia* to support the Denmark team.

* Australia is his wife's, Crown Princess Mary's, home country.

Last edited:

I think Princess Margriet was also involved in some aspects of the Netherlands event. (I don’t remember what, but I recall her pictures with Harry.)

I don’t know what kind of Monarchy they have or if they actually have one but Prince Radu of Romania was at the games yesterday or the day before to support the Romanian team:

Mexico is also putting in a bid to host the games.

It looks so fun but Germany is so far, hopefully, I’ll be at the Winter Edition of the Games. I wouldn’t mind saving to travel to South Korea either.

Apparently there was a reception they went too but no pics and then the first event this morning, “Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex meet with NATO Joint Force Command and families from Italy and Netherlands during day five of the Invictus Games.”

I didn’t realise that they did a winter edition of the games , where are they being held.

I didn’t realise that they did a winter edition of the games , where are they being held.

In February 2025, in Vancouver. I believe they will re-use the infrastructure built for the 2010 Winter Olympics.

nothing to see here.

Last edited:

Sorry, should’ve mentioned it all. Feb. 6th - 17th, 2025, in Vancouver & Whistler. You can check invictusgames2025.ca for more info and updates!

First ever winter games for IG. I wonder what the send off ceremony will be like, at the end of the The Hague members of the Netherlands IG Team personally transported the Invictus Flag to Germany while biking, you can’t really do that for Canada, so excited to see what they do.

I don’t know what kind of Monarchy they have or if they actually have one but Prince Radu of Romania was at the games yesterday or the day before to support the Romanian team:

Mexico is also putting in a bid to host the games.

It looks so fun but Germany is so far, hopefully, I’ll be at the Winter Edition of the Games. I wouldn’t mind saving to travel to South Korea either.

Apparently there was a reception they went too but no pics and then the first event this morning, “Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex meet with NATO Joint Force Command and families from Italy and Netherlands during day five of the Invictus Games.”

Post WWII and the end of the communist dictatorship, Romania is no longer a constitutional monarchy. The government does permit the non-reigning head of the family Her Majesty the Custodian of the Crown and her husband Prince Radu to reside in the former royal palace. She has an unofficial role in the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom