The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 - July 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for what? No serious,y what did the family do? I can see they didn’t deal with things the way the Sussexes wanted but that doesn’t warrant an apology. Or else we’d all be apologising all the time. I’d like you to do this? Well I’ve thought about it and I’d rather not.

We aren’t privy, none of us are, to what the Royal Family did privately towards the Sussexes or how individual members acted. We don’t know what was said privately in those first few months before and after the wedding, we don’t know how sincerely Meghan was welcomed or how often the little family were visited, especially while Meghan and Harry were at FC out at Windsor, while expecting Archie, and afterwards. So we are all hobbled, in that sense.

Let’s refrain from rehashing old conflicts and stick to the topic of the thread- news and current events. Please move on from discussion of who owes who an apology.

Last edited:
HTML:
It seems that Meghan wants to have a career as a TV/movie producer and perhaps get back into acting. It has been reported for example that she has bought the rights to certain novels which she plans to develop as films. Those are conventional movie projects that are totally unrelated to her royal connections. If Meghan is successful in those endeavors, it will be on her own professional merits alone. She faces many challenges though as producing is a very competitive field and market conditions have gotten tougher since the Covid pandemic. We have seen even some major American media conglomerates losing millions of dollars recently in movies that flopped.

Harry, on the other hand, was originally well-positioned to have a career as a PR ambassador or do brand endorsements, but his public image has deteriorated quite a lot recently making him less attractive to many potential partners.

It will be interesting to see how/if their careers go. I agree with your take on Harry, although I suspect if he were to move back to England and reincorporate into the royal family, he'd be back on track.

I can't picture Meghan acting again. She's never been a star or a talent in demand, and now she's over 40, so her opportunities would be very limited. She'd also have to be able to transcend her own image.

But, she might have opportunities as a producer, if she can attract money to a project.

Speaking of her career, I wonder if she's on strike right now. I imagine she's still a SAG member.

HTML:

It will be interesting to see how/if their careers go. I agree with your take on Harry, although I suspect if he were to move back to England and reincorporate into the royal family, he'd be back on track.

I can't picture Meghan acting again. She's never been a star or a talent in demand, and now she's over 40, so her opportunities would be very limited. She'd also have to be able to transcend her own image.

But, she might have opportunities as a producer, if she can attract money to a project.

Speaking of her career, I wonder if she's on strike right now. I imagine she's still a SAG member.

I don't think she is currently on strike. At Beyoncé concert, She was sitting right next to the Netflix's CEO, one of the top executives who initially refused to come to terms with the unions. He and the CEO of Disney are basically the people SAG is protesting against.
It seems Meghan has sided with the elite not the underpaid actors.

Is there an opening ceremony. It wasn’t on the TV. Is it all on red button on the Uk?

Yes, there was an opening ceremony - it was all on the BBC red button and BBC iPlayer, as will the actual Games be. I don't think any of it's on the main channel.

If she had been on the picket line I'm sure it would have made the news. Just as it has when other very famous people have done so or entire casts have campaigned together,

Obviously it's her choice to do so or not but Suits is one of the most streamed shows in the world and she and her fellow cast members are not getting the residuals that they should be.

The Duke of Sussex on day 1 of the Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 today, September 10:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

OMG, there's a couple of pictures where HRH The Duke of Sussex looks somber. He must be having a bad time XD!

In all serious, it's nice to see that he's having a great time. What event is he watching?

I hope he feels a sense if pride in what Invicitus does to support those who are injured in combat.

Well then job done. I hope it goes well. Won't see it rugby world cup on and you know life.

I don't think she is currently on strike. At Beyoncé concert, She was sitting right next to the Netflix's CEO, one of the top executives who initially refused to come to terms with the unions. He and the CEO of Disney are basically the people SAG is protesting against.

It seems Meghan has sided with the elite not the underpaid actors.

Her union is still on strike, so if she’s still working or promoting projects, she’s a scab. But some people have received special permission to keep working or promoting certain projects.

You’d think she’d be behind her fellow actors…

That depends if she is still member of the union. If not, she can do what she wants

Her union is still on strike, so if she’s still working or promoting projects, she’s a scab. But some people have received special permission to keep working or promoting certain projects.

She doesn’t act anymore. Actors in the UK are still promoting their British projects, just not the American stuff.

That is unfairly harsh on Meghan, considering she has not acted since 2017. That is 6 years ago. And we have no idea if she was even part of the union when she was an actor.

She doesn’t act anymore. Actors in the UK are still promoting their British projects, just not the American stuff.

UK actors are not on strike though, are they?

UK actors continue working as usual.

Again. Within the UK. They are no working on or promoting their American projects. Amd for instance not going to Toronto this year to promote work.

Within the UK they are working as normal...on non American projects.

For instance the entire cast of Bridgerton, who are British or Irish, will not be promoting season 3 if the strick isn't resolved.

That is unfairly harsh on Meghan, considering she has not acted since 2017. That is 6 years ago. And we have no idea if she was even part of the union when she was an actor.

Yes, we do know. All U.S. network and cable productions are union. She could not have been on the show without being a SAG/AFTRA member.

YOu would think that she would support union action even if she's not a member

Every single actor who's a part of SAG-AFTRA needs to vocalize their support of the strike or walk on the picket lines directly? Many, if not most of them have, so why is HRH The Duchess of Sussex singled out? She hasn't produce any projects since Archetypes earlier this year or acted in six years, so where is the evidence that she's strikebreaking? Because she's sitting next to the Netflix CEO at a concert?

On a different note, I am loving all of the pictures and videos coming out of Invictus, especially the ones of the athletes supporting each other. I saw this video yesterday of the wheelchair races where everyone was cheering on the least mobile of the races until they crossed the finished line. Moments like that show why the Invictus Games are worth it.

I think Meghan is calculating that it is in her interests to stay silent on this Strike. I have never bought into that Meghan would EVER return to being an "Actress" again either. Her goals are much higher.....loftier.

Also she is 42, so unfortunately that would limit her choices in parts. Not fair, but that is the truth. But that's Hollywood and ageism, for Women anyways.

The Hollywood Big Wigs and Studio Heads are NOW the People Meghan is cultivating for commercial gain. She was just at The Beyonce Concert ( the 2nd one) with Ted Sarandos, Co-CEO of Netflix. Especially now, since The Spotify Deal debacle blowup, and the critical-negative pushback surrounding that from Insiders.

She is going to do everything in her power to make this Netflix Deal a continuing success. To much of the Sussex's future depends on staying in the good graces of Hollywood Power Players.

Meghan isn't going to do anything to jeopardize that. Nothing.

Last edited:

Every single actor who's a part of SAG-AFTRA needs to vocalize their support of the strike or walk on the picket lines directly? Many, if not most of them have, so why is HRH The Duchess of Sussex singled out? She hasn't produce any projects since Archetypes earlier this year or acted in six years, so where is the evidence that she's strikebreaking? Because she's sitting next to the Netflix CEO at a concert?

If you read the previous posts more carefully, you'll see that no one has singled her out or said that she should be walking the picket line. But, if she's a SAG-AFTRA member -- which should would have been working on Suits -- she would be a scab if she continued to work on union projects without special permission. (Some independent productions have a side deal to stay in production.)

That's not a swipe at Meghan; it's just the term for people who work (without permission) when their unions are on strike.

Last edited:
Did I miss the reason that Meaghan is not with Harry in Germany?

She is joining him towards the end of the IG. Not sure of the reason but maybe she has other projects she is working on or maybe she has things to do with her 2 little ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom