The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 - July 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are quite literally a dozen videos on TT and X (formerly known as twitter) of him dancing and smiling through most of the concert. Given that Doria was there I doubt M had to drag him.

They only want have fun

An article from the Daily Telegraph on the Sussexes' past 12 months as well as the upcoming Invictus Games. Also some news on the couple's possible separate commercial and philanthropic activities.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...rry-begin-fightback-invictus-game-dusseldorf/

The Invictus Games, which kicks off in Dusseldorf next Saturday, has become a veritable jewel in the crown for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. One of their most high-profile joint outings on the world stage, the week-long event guarantees acres of media coverage and a chance to put on a united front, while at the same time demonstrating what their lives are all about: helping others.
Together, the week after next, they will appear on the sidelines to cheer on the teams of veterans demonstrating their sporting prowess. For Meghan, 42, who will arrive in Dusseldorf a couple of days after her husband, it is an opportunity to show off her fashion credentials as she steps out day after day in carefully curated “stealth wealth” outfits in her favoured beige and cream hues.
For Harry, who will celebrate his 39th birthday in Germany, the Games is a hugely important personal project – one of the sole remaining legacies from his time as a working royal and a hugely successful initiative of which he is incredibly proud.

Last edited:
An article from the Daily Telegraph on the Sussexes' past 12 months as well as the upcoming Invictus Games. Also some news on the couple's possible separate commercial and philanthropic activities.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...rry-begin-fightback-invictus-game-dusseldorf/

The archived link.

Things that made me laugh or sigh: Harry - an empath. Sure. In the very HOI he’s turning the lights on his struggles, unable to let the veterans shine by themselves. Not to dwelve on all the past stomping on his family.

Treated like pariah at HLM funeral. Like all the other non heir grandchildren.

An apology from his family - for the milionth time, for what?

Glad to read about all the success of the Invictus Games. Harry definitely poured his heart and soul into this endeavor. Looking forward to seeing Meghan in her "stealth wealth" supporting her husband. She always looks so proud of Harry.

I can't decide whether the writer likes them or not. Perhaps

She is being fair. Obviously had their collaboration.

Fig Tree and Ghost, completely agree. Especially about "collaboration"
After reading the Article I thought it HAD be written by Bryony Gordon, a big Harry 'fan girl' for a LONG time. But no, it was Victoria Ward.

Funny, persistently, and preposterously enough, it also very curiously mentioned how "a hybrid" model could have worked, for Harry and Meghan.

The Sussex's seemingly, can't let that go. Their old 'HI-HO Plan', they thought would be approved. Riches and Royalty combined.

Even now, years in. Or out. In their new lives....... The denial of their business plan still rankles, obviously.

Last edited:
Bb

Fig Tree and Ghost, completely agree. Especially about "collaboration"
After reading the Article I thought it HAD be written by Bryony Gordon, a big Harry 'fan girl' for a LONG time. But no, it was Victoria Ward.

Funny, persistently, and preposterously enough, it also very curiously mentioned how "a hybrid" model could have worked, for Harry and Meghan.

The Sussex's seemingly, can't let that go. Even now, years in. Or out. In their new lives....... Still rankles, obviously.
It is what they want and still do that hybrid model. Sad really. Harry was treated like all the other grandchildren at the funeral, I mean was deluded.I mean
Sure put your cards on the table and go have a heart t heart. Don't publish a book. And they would never have mentioned the games anyway.

I found that article pretty tiresome, as well. It pretends there was a solution in which the Sussex couple could have pursued commercial interests that have to date almost entirely revolved around the royal family and still credibly represented the UK.

We have yet to see a single successful commercial venture from either that doesn’t directly depend on sharing secrets about their family. I don’t personally see a path to success for any of their future ventures, which I regret because I think a happy and successful Harry would be better for all involved.

Time will tell.

The differences between both cultures is interesting given the close ties. From the British preference of using "shall" to the Americans using "should" to say nothing of the driving on different sides of the road

I found that article pretty tiresome, as well. It pretends there was a solution in which the Sussex couple could have pursued commercial interests that have to date almost entirely revolved around the royal family and still credibly represented the UK.

We have yet to see a single successful commercial venture from either that doesn’t directly depend on sharing secrets about their family. I don’t personally see a path to success for any of their future ventures, which I regret because I think a happy and successful Harry would be better for all involved.

Time will tell.

I really would like to see "Heart of Invictus" be a ratings success for the Sussexes, as it might influence their decision to continue with this type of uplifting and inspirational projects. Hopefully they're done contemplating any future project (film, book, podcast) that is about their relationship with the Windsors.

I have to admit that I was disappointed to hear Prince Harry take swipes at his family and at the British press during "Heart of Invictus."

Why should a journalist being fair to the Sussexes (or at least trying to be) be considered a bad thing or to be disapproved of? You would hope that all journalists writing in broadsheet newspapers would try to be fair and balanced towards their subjects in any articles written, though quite obviously a lot aren’t.

I completely agree, Curryong. Saying that a journalist reporting TRH The Sussexes in a fair and unbiased way is in their pocket would imply that the ones that are not in their pocket are generally unfair and biased, which would support the point TRH The Sussexes have been making about the media for the last four years.

Also, why is being treated like a regular family with no official role seen as a particular slight against HRH The Duke of Sussex, but not one against HRH Princess Beatrice, HRH Princess Eugenie, Lady Louise, James, Earl of Wessex, Peter, Zara, or any of the non-Wales children, who are in the exact same position?

I completely agree, Curryong. Saying that a journalist reporting TRH The Sussexes in a fair and unbiased way is in their pocket would imply that the ones that are not in their pocket are generally unfair and biased, which would support the point TRH The Sussexes have been making about the media for the last four years..

Also, why is being treated like a regular family with no official role seen as a particular slight against HRH The Duke of Sussex, but not one against HRH Princess Beatrice, HRH Princess Eugenie, Lady Louise, James, Earl of Wessex, Peter, Zara, or any of the non-Wales children, who are in the exact same position?

But the journalist is stating what is obviously their opinion but she herself does it with a rather bizarre detachment. She is being fair in putting across their opinion but it doesn’t seem to be relayed with any questioning or curiosity. Which is essentially which journalist is supposed to do. She states contested issues as fact.

The Invictus documentary was several years in the making, wasn't it? It would be interesting to know when Harry filmed his segments. Perhaps they coincided with his other projects at the time that had a certain theme and flavour.

Didn’t Harry introduce himself at the intro to the series as ‘husband and father of two ‘children under three’? Now, in Sept 2023, Lili is two and Archie is four and has been going to pre-school for some time. So it does appear that some of his segments were probably filmed last year.

If my memory doesn’t fail me, HOI is such an old project that it was initially discussed with BBC before or around the time of their wedding.

If my memory doesn’t fail me, HOI is such an old project that it was initially discussed with BBC before or around the time of their wedding.

No the BBC have made at least one documentary about it. Watched it. It was good and concentrated on the rehab journey.

The Invictus documentary was several years in the making, wasn't it? It would be interesting to know when Harry filmed his segments. Perhaps they coincided with his other projects at the time that had a certain theme and flavour.

I have not seen the current documentary but I think I am correct in saying that it was to be filmed over a period of time, to follow the journey of a number of veterans, so it makes sense that it would be filmed at different times not just in one block.

:previous: Yes this was her second Beyonce concert. This time Prince Harry did not attend the show.

If he was bored at first concert why he should go to second one?....

Really I thought he looked like he was having a great time according to longer video I watched. I never judge by a single photo of someone since we can all look awful, bored, angry in any single screen shot.

I don't understand the current trend of picking out different instances of HRH The Duke of Sussex, especially ones with HRH The Duchess of Sussex, and emphasizing how unhappy he looks, even if everything before or after that moment proves otherwise, in which case it will be described as being faked. It's as if his being happy, content, and well-off in his new life in the United States is going off the script of being miserable and struggling after he dared to leave the BRF.

If he was bored at first concert why he should go to second one?....

Well he was just recently in Los Angeles at the football match, so he might have decided to stay home before he heads to the UK for the Well Child awards and then on to Germany later this week.

I don't understand the current trend of picking out different instances of HRH The Duke of Sussex, especially ones with HRH The Duchess of Sussex, and emphasizing how unhappy he looks, even if everything before or after that moment proves otherwise, in which case it will be described as being faked. It's as if his being happy, content, and well-off in his new life in the United States is going off the script of being miserable and struggling after he dared to leave the BRF.

Polls show very clearly that Harry Windsor is perceived negatively by a large majority of Britons. It’s this very unpopularity that drives the media interest. The Mail for instance knows that articles about him will garner lots of views & critical comments from their readers.

It’s a symbiotic transactional relationship from which they both benefit. It’s like all media celebrity relationships where the aim of one party is self-promotion & the goal of the other is clicks & add revenue.

I personally am not one for paying attention to polls when it comes to rankings of the BRF because I don't think a large enough number of the population is taken into account. Besides that I don't think the Duke and Duchess of Sussex need the click bait for people to be interested in what they are doing. They are non working royals and live in America.

You gov in the UK is accurate & reputable with a proven track record.

Interest will fade eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom