The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 10: August 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unpopular opinion:
I want Harry to come home to Britain. With OR without Meghan. He has left an open wound that hasn't healed. His rift with William is downright tragic. Charles would be so much happier.

I rarely post in the BRF threads now with the exception of Beatrice/Edo.

It just seems like the natural order of things in the British Royal Family has been breached.🙁
It would be wonderful, but so many horrible things have been said and done. It will not be easy.

It’s good to see Harry in Lesotho again and reunited with Prince Seeiso. He also saw the King and Queen according to a report from Archewell, who greeted him at their home. Harry will be seeing business people and donors to Sentebale in the next days.

Last edited:
Moonmaiden23 said:
"Unpopular opinion:
I want Harry to come home to Britain. With OR without Meghan. He has left an open wound that hasn't healed. His rift with William is downright tragic. Charles would be so much happier.

I rarely post in the BRF threads now with the exception of Beatrice/Edo.

It just seems like the natural order of things in the British Royal Family has been breached.🙁"

Harry has two children. Even in the very unlikely event he and Meghan split up, he's not going to live 5000 miles from Archie and Lili. He has his new life, the Royals have theirs. Given that no one of them will ever be able to trust him again, things are best left as they are.

:previous: I agree that Harry is not going to leave his children. Also even the recent spate of articles, which may or may not be credible, where "sources" assert Harry wants to come back to Britain, "sources" also note that Harry is happy in California and is not looking to relocate just spend more time in the UK.

I think a significant part of Harry not spending time in the UK is rooted in the security fight that Harry is spearheading. My take is that another aspect seems to be petty power plays from both sides regarding lodging arrangements.

Harry has two children. Even in the very unlikely event he and Meghan split up, he's not going to live 5000 miles from Archie and Lili. He has his new life, the Royals have theirs. Given that no one of them will ever be able to trust him again, things are best left as they are.
Yes, maybe in time the RF will mend the breach to the point they will have visits.
But it's best if they remain at a distance. Things have been said that no one is likely to forget.

Toledo, if you check Wellington on Google maps and look at the Wellington area south of Pierson Road, it's a bit mind-blowing. Just about every resident has their own polo field. There's dozens.
Just ran the name in maps and noticed horses even have their own hospital facility. I bet Harry would feel more at home in this community than at Montecito had he been the one in charge of these decisions.

Yes, maybe in time the RF will mend the breach to the point they will have visits.
But it's best if they remain at a distance. Things have been said that no one is likely to forget.

Why is the pressure always on the RF when we mention the family rift when it pertains to Harry but when it's on Meghan's side, she is not applied the same line as the one not mending any breaches?

Charles and the rest of the family did not show them the exit door to them. At present time Harry is in a state of 'buyer's remorse' when you make a decision and looking back at it you regret it. He's seriously transforming himself into his uncle, Mr. York, right in front of our eyes.

:previous: I agree that Harry is not going to leave his children. Also even the recent spate of articles, which may or may not be credible, where "sources" assert Harry wants to come back to Britain, "sources" also note that Harry is happy in California and is not looking to relocate just spend more time in the UK.

I think a significant part of Harry not spending time in the UK is rooted in the security fight that Harry is spearheading. My take is that another aspect seems to be petty power plays from both sides regarding lodging arrangements.

Harry doesn't seem to be the decision maker, if he was, he would bring them over to meet their grandfather.

Last edited:
Andrew York (a longterm friend of a pedophile btw) is not performing any charity events at all, whether formerly his or new. Whereas Harry has been at meetings to do with the Halo Trust, Diana Awards, WellChild, Sentebale etc. Seven were within a week.

I don’t believe Harry has buyer’s remorse. He enjoys his life in California. It is the media that says he is full of regret. No reports however are saying that he is begging Charles to come back into the fold as a fulltime royal. Even they don’t go that far in their speculations.

And as for Harry’s children he himself has repeatedly stated that he will NOT be bringing his wife AND children back to the UK while the security arrangements there are as they are, with any private visits to friends etc not included in the remit of RPOs. It’s a decision he has stuck to since his case against the Home Office/Ravec was first heard.

Nothing to do with Meghan, though I do not believe she ever wishes to return to the UK after all that happened to her between 2017 (the engagement to Harry) and 2020 (their leaving.) I’m not going to hash every incident again though.

Last edited:
Andrew York (a longterm friend of a pedophile btw) is not performing any charity events at all, whether formerly his or new. Whereas Harry has been at meetings to do with the Halo Trust, Diana Awards, WellChild, Sentebale etc. Seven were within a week.

I don’t believe Harry has buyer’s remorse. He enjoys his life in California. It is the media that says he is full of regret. No reports however are saying that he is begging Charles to come back into the fold as a fulltime royal. Even they don’t go that far in their speculations.

And as for Harry’s children he himself has repeatedly stated that he will NOT be bringing his wife AND children back to the UK while the security arrangements there are as they are, with any private visits to friends etc not included in the remit of RPOs. It’s a decision he has stuck to since his case against the Home Office/Ravec was first heard.

Nothing to do with Meghan, though I do not believe she ever wishes to return to the UK after all that happened to her between 2017 (the engagement to Harry) and 2020 (their leaving.) I’m not going to hash every incident again though.

When I mentioned he's turning into his uncle I meant the Duke of York was, in his youth, the Harry of that moment. An admired military prince and look at him now, a shadow of the person he was and mostly because of his own bad choices. I see Harry walking that same path.

His father doesn't need him to become a working royal, as kids are getting older the family is big enough to have everyone assigned duties and places to go.

Re security, my take is the children will be protected from the moment they leave California to the moment they leave the UK. I see his claims as an excuse to use as part of the royal posturing to hurt his father and the family. A celebrity house in California is less safe than the royal family residences in the UK.

I feel the wife is the one calling the shots and using the husband as the voice, like any good manipulative ventriloquist, to have her say without saying it out in the open. We all have that type of in-law in our families, the one that wants no part of socializing because, like in this case, California celebrities and their enablers are more exciting than choosing what hats to wear at the next horse races.

I disagree. I think Harry enjoys the Californian lifestyle, and adores his family. He would like to be on good terms with his father, and I’m sure that Charles feels the same. That doesn’t mean that Harry is dying to hop onto the royal treadmill again.

And Harry disliked the Press from his childhood. So did William, except in his position as heir to the Throne he has to put up with it. Harry loathed the tabloids long before Meghan and doesn’t miss them at all. It was his decision not Meghan’s to sue two newspaper groups. And it is a matter of perception as to how safe he would feel bringing his children to the UK. (‘From the moment they left California?’.) RPOs would hardly be sent from Britain to guard any plane travelling with the children from their home in California.

Well Harry won’t get the security he wants. My understanding is that should he give notice and should he stay on a property. It’s fine. He pays for his own anyway. He is not entitled to the tax payer paying for him to go see friends. He himself seems to choose hotels anyway because he always has a specific royal venue he wants. There’s a lot of being unwilling to bend. If he had stayed in Britain, he would have lost it anyway as he got older. The only people who will get full time security is the monarch, spouse, heir…and children while they are children. His aunt and uncles don’t get it.

Why he brought them to the jubilee and then didn’t go anywhere and see anyone and then leave early was bizarre. And invited people who were obviously busy to a party was odd. The only thing I could think of was the fact everyone knew QE2 was reaching the end and/or he wanted the picture with Lilibet. Which wasn’t forthcoming anyway.

He can come on his own to family occasions and god willing there won’t be one of those for a while…given no jubilee and weddings for quite a while. I doubt he’d be invited to any weddings once the kids are old enough to make those decisions. And any jubilee is 8 years away…at which point a George and Charlotte with be university age. God willing his aunt anmd uncles continue to have good health and his father continues on his recovery, management road…whatever his treatment plan is.

His niece and nephews don’t know him. Let Harry get on with his life and them get on with theirs. He’s better doing his charity work alone. Turns out she isn’t much good at it and he isn’t much good at these trip things they’ve been doing. They work best alone. Let him do that for as long as it lasts…most peoples spouses don’t go to work with them.

Let life go on.

Last edited:
His niece and nephews don’t know him.
It's a shame. It was clear at Wimbledon how close Charlotte is to Pippa, and we see the Wales children with the Tindalls and other cousins. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins can play a very important part in a child's life. But sometimes things just won't work out like that.

I disagree. I think Harry enjoys the Californian lifestyle, and adores his family. He would like to be on good terms with his father, and I’m sure that Charles feels the same. That doesn’t mean that Harry is dying to hop onto the royal treadmill again.

And Harry disliked the Press from his childhood. So did William, except in his position as heir to the Throne he has to put up with it. Harry loathed the tabloids long before Meghan and doesn’t miss them at all. It was his decision not Meghan’s to sue two newspaper groups. And it is a matter of perception as to how safe he would feel bringing his children to the UK. (‘From the moment they left California?’.) RPOs would hardly be sent from Britain to guard any plane travelling with the children from their home in California.
You are correct regarding hating the press since childhood, William has found a way to work with them , Harry has raised court cases but for some reason either he or his wife still provide stories to People magazine when it suits. A bit of a contradiction there I would say. I also find it sad that the children do not have any type of relationship with their extended family. It is obvious the younger children are used to mixing with each other, the smiles on their faces when they are together tells you that. Regular visits over here to visit family if that could ever be achieved would be good, I doubt either side is ready to move on that front, too much water under the bridge.

It's a shame. It was clear at Wimbledon how close Charlotte is to Pippa, and we see the Wales children with the Tindalls and other cousins. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins can play a very important part in a child's life. But sometimes things just won't work out like that.
Nah, I think he should stay away for those children! I'm under impression he will used them to write another book or called them racist as well to make himself and his wife more victims in public eye.

Nah, I think he should stay away for those children! I'm under impression he will used them to write another book or called them racist as well to make himself and his wife more victims in public eye.
I am not sure about that but I would say that trust has to be rebuilt, to allow any relationship.

I am not sure about that but I would say that trust has to be rebuilt, to allow any relationship.
IMO as far as William is concerned I doubt he will ever trust PH again, and rightly so. He likely knows his brother better than anyone and what he's really like, now he's had enough (understandably) and his priority is to protect his family and himself. I believe he will stand fast and not be taken in again.

Moreover, I suspect an awful lot went on behind the scenes during PH and MM's brief tenure as a married couple in the BRF that we don't know about, even before they started merchandising themselves and their supposed woes.

IMO as far as William is concerned I doubt he will ever trust PH again, and rightly so. He likely knows his brother better than anyone and what he's really like, now he's had enough (understandably) and his priority is to protect his family and himself. I believe he will stand fast and not be taken in again.

Moreover, I suspect an awful lot went on behind the scenes during PH and MM's brief tenure as a married couple in the BRF that we don't know about, even before they started merchandising themselves and their supposed woes.
I think you are spot on with that last paragraph, at the end of the day the RF has to shake hands with a great deal of people that they would prefer not to but they put a face on it. It is obvious they are not prepared to put a face on it with H and M.

I would say that both brothers know each other very very well, and probably better that anyone else.

And there have been faults on both sides, on the senior Royals, the Men in Grey, and on the Sussexes, in the making of this rift. And imo there was a great deal that went on behind palace walls, especially with the senior courtiers, that we know nothing about either!

I would say that both brothers know each other very very well, and probably better that anyone else. And there have been faults on both sides, on the senior Royals, the Men in Grey, and on the Sussexes, in the making of this rift.
Maybe they should leave things as they are then if there is no contact nobody can be blamed for leaking stories on each other.

Harry and Prince Seeiso move on to Johannesburg tomorrow to mix with donors and business people to assist in Southern Africa.

It was a quick reunion for Prince Harry with Queen Masenate Mohato Seeiso and King Letsie III; the three royals were in New York City last week, where Harry and the Queen spoke at an event on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly.

Back
Top Bottom