The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 10: August 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unpopular opinion:
I want Harry to come home to Britain. With OR without Meghan. He has left an open wound that hasn't healed. His rift with William is downright tragic. Charles would be so much happier.

I rarely post in the BRF threads now with the exception of Beatrice/Edo.

It just seems like the natural order of things in the British Royal Family has been breached.🙁
It would be wonderful, but so many horrible things have been said and done. It will not be easy.

It’s good to see Harry in Lesotho again and reunited with Prince Seeiso. He also saw the King and Queen according to a report from Archewell, who greeted him at their home. Harry will be seeing business people and donors to Sentebale in the next days.

Last edited:
Moonmaiden23 said:
"Unpopular opinion:
I want Harry to come home to Britain. With OR without Meghan. He has left an open wound that hasn't healed. His rift with William is downright tragic. Charles would be so much happier.

I rarely post in the BRF threads now with the exception of Beatrice/Edo.

It just seems like the natural order of things in the British Royal Family has been breached.🙁"

Harry has two children. Even in the very unlikely event he and Meghan split up, he's not going to live 5000 miles from Archie and Lili. He has his new life, the Royals have theirs. Given that no one of them will ever be able to trust him again, things are best left as they are.

:previous: I agree that Harry is not going to leave his children. Also even the recent spate of articles, which may or may not be credible, where "sources" assert Harry wants to come back to Britain, "sources" also note that Harry is happy in California and is not looking to relocate just spend more time in the UK.

I think a significant part of Harry not spending time in the UK is rooted in the security fight that Harry is spearheading. My take is that another aspect seems to be petty power plays from both sides regarding lodging arrangements.

Harry has two children. Even in the very unlikely event he and Meghan split up, he's not going to live 5000 miles from Archie and Lili. He has his new life, the Royals have theirs. Given that no one of them will ever be able to trust him again, things are best left as they are.
Yes, maybe in time the RF will mend the breach to the point they will have visits.
But it's best if they remain at a distance. Things have been said that no one is likely to forget.

Toledo, if you check Wellington on Google maps and look at the Wellington area south of Pierson Road, it's a bit mind-blowing. Just about every resident has their own polo field. There's dozens.
Just ran the name in maps and noticed horses even have their own hospital facility. I bet Harry would feel more at home in this community than at Montecito had he been the one in charge of these decisions.

Yes, maybe in time the RF will mend the breach to the point they will have visits.
But it's best if they remain at a distance. Things have been said that no one is likely to forget.

Why is the pressure always on the RF when we mention the family rift when it pertains to Harry but when it's on Meghan's side, she is not applied the same line as the one not mending any breaches?

Charles and the rest of the family did not show them the exit door to them. At present time Harry is in a state of 'buyer's remorse' when you make a decision and looking back at it you regret it. He's seriously transforming himself into his uncle, Mr. York, right in front of our eyes.

:previous: I agree that Harry is not going to leave his children. Also even the recent spate of articles, which may or may not be credible, where "sources" assert Harry wants to come back to Britain, "sources" also note that Harry is happy in California and is not looking to relocate just spend more time in the UK.

I think a significant part of Harry not spending time in the UK is rooted in the security fight that Harry is spearheading. My take is that another aspect seems to be petty power plays from both sides regarding lodging arrangements.

Harry doesn't seem to be the decision maker, if he was, he would bring them over to meet their grandfather.

Last edited:
Andrew York (a longterm friend of a pedophile btw) is not performing any charity events at all, whether formerly his or new. Whereas Harry has been at meetings to do with the Halo Trust, Diana Awards, WellChild, Sentebale etc. Seven were within a week.

I don’t believe Harry has buyer’s remorse. He enjoys his life in California. It is the media that says he is full of regret. No reports however are saying that he is begging Charles to come back into the fold as a fulltime royal. Even they don’t go that far in their speculations.

And as for Harry’s children he himself has repeatedly stated that he will NOT be bringing his wife AND children back to the UK while the security arrangements there are as they are, with any private visits to friends etc not included in the remit of RPOs. It’s a decision he has stuck to since his case against the Home Office/Ravec was first heard.

Nothing to do with Meghan, though I do not believe she ever wishes to return to the UK after all that happened to her between 2017 (the engagement to Harry) and 2020 (their leaving.) I’m not going to hash every incident again though.

Last edited:
Andrew York (a longterm friend of a pedophile btw) is not performing any charity events at all, whether formerly his or new. Whereas Harry has been at meetings to do with the Halo Trust, Diana Awards, WellChild, Sentebale etc. Seven were within a week.

I don’t believe Harry has buyer’s remorse. He enjoys his life in California. It is the media that says he is full of regret. No reports however are saying that he is begging Charles to come back into the fold as a fulltime royal. Even they don’t go that far in their speculations.

And as for Harry’s children he himself has repeatedly stated that he will NOT be bringing his wife AND children back to the UK while the security arrangements there are as they are, with any private visits to friends etc not included in the remit of RPOs. It’s a decision he has stuck to since his case against the Home Office/Ravec was first heard.

Nothing to do with Meghan, though I do not believe she ever wishes to return to the UK after all that happened to her between 2017 (the engagement to Harry) and 2020 (their leaving.) I’m not going to hash every incident again though.

When I mentioned he's turning into his uncle I meant the Duke of York was, in his youth, the Harry of that moment. An admired military prince and look at him now, a shadow of the person he was and mostly because of his own bad choices. I see Harry walking that same path.

His father doesn't need him to become a working royal, as kids are getting older the family is big enough to have everyone assigned duties and places to go.

Re security, my take is the children will be protected from the moment they leave California to the moment they leave the UK. I see his claims as an excuse to use as part of the royal posturing to hurt his father and the family. A celebrity house in California is less safe than the royal family residences in the UK.

I feel the wife is the one calling the shots and using the husband as the voice, like any good manipulative ventriloquist, to have her say without saying it out in the open. We all have that type of in-law in our families, the one that wants no part of socializing because, like in this case, California celebrities and their enablers are more exciting than choosing what hats to wear at the next horse races.

I disagree. I think Harry enjoys the Californian lifestyle, and adores his family. He would like to be on good terms with his father, and I’m sure that Charles feels the same. That doesn’t mean that Harry is dying to hop onto the royal treadmill again.

And Harry disliked the Press from his childhood. So did William, except in his position as heir to the Throne he has to put up with it. Harry loathed the tabloids long before Meghan and doesn’t miss them at all. It was his decision not Meghan’s to sue two newspaper groups. And it is a matter of perception as to how safe he would feel bringing his children to the UK. (‘From the moment they left California?’.) RPOs would hardly be sent from Britain to guard any plane travelling with the children from their home in California.

Back
Top Bottom