The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited by a moderator:
Red! Thank you God! Meghan looks very nice at first glance. Vivid colour, hair up, clothing not too tight, I think.

The color is lovely and the detailing on the top of the coat dress is beautiful, but I'm not sold on the silhouette.

red is Morocco flag color:)
the color suits her and we need better view though

Edit: see the whole outfit now, i must say i am not crazy about cut

Last edited:
Very good choice this red dress by Valention for the Duchess tonight!

I would’ve liked to see this in daylight. The flashbulb reflecting isn’t giving a good view of the details on the cape.

The Duchess looks sensational - the Duke like a sack of Spanners -Grey Suede shoes ? SO Chavvy..

Last edited:
An excellent and very elegant choice for the visit to Morocco.

Good start. I liked the red better in the dark than in the full camera lights.

It seems Meghan adapted to Morocco by opting for a very wide dress contrary to almost all her maternity wear so far. And while I am not a fan of the extreme figure hugging dresses, it makes some sense given that her thin legs stand even more out in such a wide outfit.

Meghan looks gorgeous tonight! She should wear red more often. It's a fantastic colour on her.

Good start. I liked the red better in the dark than in the full camera lights.

It seems Meghan adapted to Morocco by opting for a very wide dress contrary to almost all her maternity wear so far. And while I am not a fan of the extreme figure hugging dresses, it makes some sense given that her thin legs stand even more out in such a wide outfit.

Can you imagine how good it’d look with a little bit of natural light had their flight made it on time?

I did take a guess that her choice of form fitting likely have something to do with colder weather the last time this conversation came up. Let’s see how she chooses the two for the rest of the trip.

I think a less form fitting dress is respectful to the country Meghan is visiting. The very form fitting clothing could be considered immodest.

I think a less form fitting dress is respectful to the country Meghan is visiting. The very form fitting clothing could be considered immodest.

Based on what I’ve seen of other royals in Morocco, we Brandon Maxwell dress and jacket would be about as appropriate as what some other royal ladies have worn on visits.

Meghan's red Valentino dress is wonderful. Having watched it on video it moves like a dream and the "cape", with its embroidery is very elegant and the inverted pleat at the front ensures stretch and room without being obvious.

Needless to say, the colour is wonderful and a diplomatic nod to the host country, Morocco.

She looks lovely.

Its a shame that even for an official visit she is unwilling to wear British fashion. A real missed opportunity!
She's not even been in the country for half a day.... :confused:

I really like this red dress. She looks elegant and timeless.

Morocco is a country with heavy French influence.

So how does that matter? How can wearing an Italian brand owned by the Qatari's in Morocco by a British Duchess be justified?

So how does that matter? How can wearing an Italian brand owned by the Qatari's in Morocco by a British Duchess be justified?

Oops, had my French and Italian houses mixed up for a minute there. But regardless, as I’m not obsessive over what country she’s wearing, I’m perfectly fine with it. And see no need for her to justify it.

She looks lovely.

Its a shame that even for an official visit she is unwilling to wear British fashion. A real missed opportunity!

She isn't unwilling, she wears them plenty. :flowers:

She just like her counterparts Sophie and Kate, blends different designers from different countries. Just these past few weeks we have seen Oscar de la Renta, Gucci, Dolce and Gabana. Maybe she took advice on Valentino from Sophie who was just 2 weeks ago wearing one of their skirts in Cumbria :cool:

I consider the red outfit a win. I think this is my favorite maternity look Meghan has worn so far.
I expect two outfits tomorrow, one day and one evening. Hoping for something in green or light blue, but as long as it's not black or navy I'll be happy.

I wonder if she’ll wear any Moroccan designers, perhaps ones living in the UK or France. She did in Australia and New Zealand, but not in Ireland, Fiji or Tonga.
Are there any designers that could work? Accessories might work best considering her pregnancy.

Last edited:

The 'form fitting' clothing looks awful per se IMO. Loose flowing and well cut maternity clothes are timeless and elegant versus dresses that cling to 'the bump' and just look cheap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom