The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this outfit & I think it's her best look during her pregnancy. Elegant, chic & a fabulous colour. 10/10

I agree! :flowers:
This looks so much better than those clingy outfits she's been wearing.

I agree! :flowers:
This looks so much better than those clingy outfits she's been wearing.

I agree too, the clingy too small non maternity wear looks cheap. Nothing like a Valentino, made to measure.
Also, so,nice to see her without the stilettos today, two great looks, keep it up.
Today’s cuffs and scarf matching is a good eye catcher, the blue car coat is perfect

Indeed the red outfit was beautiful and a very elegant choice for the arrival in Morocco.

I've really liked both outfits so far, which is unusual for me with Meghan.

The red Valentino outfit is quite lovely on Meghan. I particularly love the embroidered cape, and the inverted pleating. I'm glad this dress was adapted with sleeves vs the red runway dress:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UdncNOgD...wCLcBGAs/s1600/meghan+red+valentino+dress.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iKyfk6iF..._U_i-XwcJHrgIQOLgCLcBGAs/s1600/valentino1.jpg

The casual outfit with the scarf is nice, and the quick change to a white top with the same blazer and pants is neat. However, I don't care that much for the black open-back heels Meghan changed into.

Last edited:
:previous:I think Meghan’s dress is inspired more by the white runway dress than the red one.

I really like Meghan's navy/black second day outfit. The flats make it really smart looking.

:previous:I think Meghan’s dress is inspired more by the white runway dress than the red one.

It's taking the color and looser bottom half flair of the red dress, combined with 3/4 sleeves (vs full sleeves) and embroidered cape of the white dress, but without embroidery over the entire dress (as we see in the white version). Also, what's been added is the inverted pleating and the roomy maternity fit, of course.

I love that blazer and would wear it myself if it wasn´t so expensive. I´m poor lol. I appreciate the pin stripe detail on the lining of the sleeve. Makes it a little more playful.

I love that blazer and would wear it myself if it wasn´t so expensive. I´m poor lol. I appreciate the pin stripe detail on the lining of the sleeve. Makes it a little more playful.

I don't know what your budget is, but I do know that H&M, Zara and Mango have similar blazers. Probably not same quality of material, but definitely similar in looks. Also, if you know anyone in the U.S., Banana Republic or J Crew have similar items.

Lovely casual look. Very professional and perfect for the event. :flowers:

I am a total scarf girl, the only accessory I really do, and I want to steal her scarf. :D

I love the detail of the coat, and the bit of navy breaking up the black.

The change to the white top was a nice mix up for the second event. ?

Much prefer the cute practical flats, then the sling backs she changed to later.

Another elegant choice for the Duchess tonight!

Very elegant. Beautiful nod to their host country. I absolutely love the detail along the arms :flowers:

LOVE this Dior dress!! Meghan is really knocking it out of the park on this trip!

OMG, I have no idea what y'all are looking at, but I think that looks hiddy on her! The color is horrible. The silhouette is tent-like. She looks like she's wearing something from the 70s.

This dress is lovely. I especially like the cut of the sleeves and the detail on the sleeves.

OMG, I have no idea what y'all are looking at, but I think that looks hiddy on her! The color is horrible. The silhouette is tent-like. She looks like she's wearing something from the 70s.

Moroccan inspired clothes were in vogue in the 1970's. Designers like Yves St Laurent took inspiration from Marakesh. So it may very well have a 70's vibe. Its meant to be a nod to the caftans of her host country.

Last edited:
I don't know what your budget is, but I do know that H&M, Zara and Mango have similar blazers. Probably not same quality of material, but definitely similar in looks. Also, if you know anyone in the U.S., Banana Republic or J Crew have similar items.
Yeah I´m a hoarder of Zara and H&M blazers. I own too many at this point. ? Just not a navy blazer.

I love love the white dress. The glitter detail on the sleeves is yummy.

I'm on the fence on this one. I get what it's going for, and there are some photos, from some angles, where I really like the look, and think that the intent of the design comes across. There are other photos, and other angles, where the entire effect is very boxlike and unflattering, and reads more as burlap sack rather than homage to Morocco. I also don't think this cafe with lots of lait color is a particularly flattering one. It drains her complexion rather than lights it up. Everything else, hair, shoes, jewelry is great.

Have loved each of the appearances so far. Lovely mix of styles and colour palette. And she is blooming which means she is comfortable too.

we expected to see the Duchess in something inspired from Moroccan fashion,Dior dress is lovely choice she looks very nice tonight

This is a lovely dress. Not very keen on the colour, but the effect is very elegant. A great nod to the country being visited though, and I love the sleeves.

Looks like another great choice of dress. I love the compliment to Moroccan style & it's a good colour for her, particularly as she's blooming. Very classy & she looks serene.

Back
Top Bottom