The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lovely look for the arrival. Definitely one of her best pregnancy outfits.

This is a gorgeous color on Meghan and she should wear it often. I love the embroidery on the cape, the cut of the dress is gorgeous, and overall she looks wonderful. (..)
This is a great beginning, I'm looking forward to more.

Last edited by a moderator:
The close you look at that dress the more you love it ! The embroidery says it all ! Wonderful !

Now I've seen more of the dress l have to say I love it. It's a nice silhouette, great colour and the embroidery is beautiful.

The more I look at this ensemble, the more I love it. It's in two pieces, the cape and the dress. That cape would look so lovely over a sleek black or white dress, and I can't wait to see how she re-wears it.

Not much to say about Meghan and her bags and shoes: they are always deliciously beautiful.

I love this red Valentino dress on Meghan. She looks amazing!! I have a weakness for cape dresses.

I love this look...I really can't find anything I don't like...the color is amazing! Love the embroidery and style...slight vintage feel. Hair, shoes, purse...perfect accessories.

And we have red for the win! She stepped off that plane looking like a million bucks. The red dress is gorgeous in its relative simplicity but with that cape, turned it into something special.

I'm just not overly fond of the shoes but that's because I've never cared for pointed toes at all.

Beautiful color and design! Once again she's glowing!

But also...WHY bring gloves if you're not going to wear them?!?!

Wow! Meghan's looks so superb. One of her best yet to be sure.

Beautiful color and design! Once again she's glowing!

But also...WHY bring gloves if you're not going to wear them?!?!

Its something I noticed that Maxima does as well. Never understood it....why take the chance of losing them? Although to be honest, Maxima does wears hers a lot. And isn't it fairly warm in Morocco,who needs gloves this time of year?

Its something I noticed that Maxima does as well. Never understood it....why take the chance of losing them? Although to be honest, Maxima does wears hers a lot. And isn't it fairly warm in Morocco,who needs gloves this time of year?

Meghan seems to view gloves as more of an aesthetic choice than functional one. I've seen women do this actually. It adds a chicness to the look, I suppose (or so my aunt tells me). I personally hate having things in my hands so its not a look for me lol.

She isn't unwilling, she wears them plenty. :flowers:

She just like her counterparts Sophie and Kate, blends different designers from different countries. Just these past few weeks we have seen Oscar de la Renta, Gucci, Dolce and Gabana. Maybe she took advice on Valentino from Sophie who was just 2 weeks ago wearing one of their skirts in Cumbria :cool:

Her "counterparts" essentially wear British fashion, with the odd bit of foreign couture thrown in for good measure ever so often. As we have discussed plenty of times, it is a shame that Meghan does not appear to be willing to support British industry even when on official duties.

The red dress has a retro or vintage vibe and the gloves complement that look. But, yes another thing to hang onto and not lose.

I have to agree with the retro and vintage vibe. As someone that is quite retro and vintage because I lived that era where it was new, I can attest to the glove carrying. Each week dressing up in our Sunday best for church and for any occasion where one had to be a "lady", one wore a hat and never left home without her gloves.

Now I don't do hats at all and gloves only for making snowballs and keeping my hands warm. :D

The red dress has a retro or vintage vibe and the gloves complement that look. But, yes another thing to hang onto and not lose.

I think carrying the glove detract from the look, and makes it all somewhat messy.

Her "counterparts" essentially wear British fashion, with the odd bit of foreign couture thrown in for good measure ever so often. As we have discussed plenty of times, it is a shame that Meghan does not appear to be willing to support British industry even when on official duties.

Saying she is unwilling suggests she doesn't wear British brands. When in fact she wears a mix of British and commonwealth brands. Maybe not as much as to your taste but she certainly does. Even when she wears a foreign label as the main look, often her accessories are British. Or are a British designer. Tonight she was wearing Australian earrings. In 2019 she has worn: Stella McCartney, Victoria Beckham, Tamara Mellon, Williams Vintage, Amanda Wakely, Aquazurra, Pippa Small, Ecksand (Canadian), Paul Andrew, Sentaler (Canada), Artizia (Canada), Kimai. I may have missed one or two. She has been a fan of brands like Birks (Canada), Mulberry and Burberry for accessories since the engagement. And in wearing Givenchy, she supports a British designer in the international market.

All British royals wear foreign designers. Same standards for all :flowers:

I have to agree with the retro and vintage vibe. As someone that is quite retro and vintage because I lived that era where it was new, I can attest to the glove carrying. Each week dressing up in our Sunday best for church and for any occasion where one had to be a "lady", one wore a hat and never left home without her gloves.

Now I don't do hats at all and gloves only for making snowballs and keeping my hands warm

Snowballs or driving. The steering wheel is darn cold in the winter :D

I grew up in the 80's, but I do think I owned one bonnet and gloves. Wore them to a wedding once upon a time, and got dragged out whenever I went to church with my Nana. Could take her out of England, but not England out of her (lived in Canada for 50 years and was still brit through and through).

I love this outfit & I think it's her best look during her pregnancy. Elegant, chic & a fabulous colour. 10/10

Saying she is unwilling suggests she doesn't wear British brands. When in fact she wears a mix of British and commonwealth brands. Maybe not as much as to your taste but she certainly does. Even when she wears a foreign label as the main look, often her accessories are British. Or are a British designer. Tonight she was wearing Australian earrings. In 2019 she has worn: Stella McCartney, Victoria Beckham, Tamara Mellon, Williams Vintage, Amanda Wakely, Aquazurra, Pippa Small, Ecksand (Canadian), Paul Andrew, Sentaler (Canada), Artizia (Canada), Kimai. I may have missed one or two. She has been a fan of brands like Birks (Canada), Mulberry and Burberry for accessories since the engagement. And in wearing Givenchy, she supports a British designer in the international market.

Just because she has worn British designers a few times does not take away from my point: she typically does not wear British brands when on official engagements. Her clothes for official engagements are largely from foreign design houses. Yesterday was a missed opportunity to showcase and support the best of British, when she was on an official tour abroad, and was going to be widely photographed in the international press.

All British royals wear foreign designers. Same standards for all :flowers:

I have never suggested that they do not. It is all about getting the mix right by essentially wearing British, with a few bits by international designers ever so often.

This very beautiful red Valentino dress is said to be at 2013 collection. But on other hand it is said to be bespoken to Meghan. I am just curious how such an old collection piece can be made to Meghan six years later? Or is it just a stupid question.

This very beautiful red Valentino dress is said to be at 2013 collection. But on other hand it is said to be bespoken to Meghan. I am just curious how such an old collection piece can be made to Meghan six years later? Or is it just a stupid question.

For a bespoke piece, designers are often happy to look back at their archives and draw inspiration from older designs.

I love the bold colour choice and the embroidery on the shoulder wrap. Other than this the outfit is quite boring, the fit and shape is odd for me.

Flat heels, thank heavens, and brightened by a light scarf. A very practical look!

A very professional look. The blue blazer takes it from boring black jeans and black maternity top to something that you could wear in the office on casual Fridays. Particularly love the white striped cuffs on the blazer and the scarf. She looks comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom