The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As I don't read any of the Daily Fail articles written about the "costs" of Meghan's wardrobe, I'm curious about something. In any of them is it ever mentioned that the bill goes to Charles? To me, that's the biggie.

As far as her maternity wear, what will be interesting is if she should become pregnant with another child, how much she repeats what she's worn as maternity wear.

Thinking about her clothing, if she were to wear a wardrobe of perhaps 4 or 5 maternity outfits every time she steps out in public, we'd really not have too much to talk about except to go "oh geeesh.... this outfit yet again!". For those that enjoy seeing what Meghan is wearing, she's been doing a great job of keeping us busy with outfits to talk about.

Part of Meghan's charm is how she presents herself with the clothing that she wears and if Charles isn't complaining, neither will I. :D

Bespoke handbags indeed! This must be the era of the smallest most expensive bags ever. The current fashion for clutch bags must make them the most expensive fashion accessory around, (not counting jewellery). Just big enough to fit a hankie and a lipstick, maybe a tiny phone, they are little jewel boxes. But...... who needs a NEW one with almost every outfit?
Are any of the keen Royal watchers on this Forum keeping tabs on how many $$$$ clutches Meghan has used so far? I’d be interested to know, and also interested to know what the $$ investment is.

You can find list of Meghan's 2018 handbags in this article:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6532997/Meghans-magnificent-handbag-collection-her.html
TOTAL: £37,052

I'm not completely up to date on everything she owns, but were these bags all bought in 2018? Because everthing older shouldn't count for 2018. Knowing the DM they probably just took every thing she used and counted it as "new in 2018".
A number of them are as a matter of fact. The Mulberrys, Marc Jacob, Saint Laurent among others just based on a quick scan. In fact, a number of them weren't even seen on her in 2018. But were last seen before her and Harry were engaged while she was still living in Toronto.

BTW, even the UFO numbers include previously own pieces that we've seen on her before Harry.

Last edited:
I'm not completely up to date on everything she owns, but were these bags all bought in 2018? Because everthing older shouldn't count for 2018. Knowing the DM they probably just took every thing she used and counted it as "new in 2018".

At least quite many wear previous purchases. Burberry The Baby Bridle Bag in Tan Leather £595, Celine 'Ring' Bag £1,250, Chanel 'Gabrielle' Black Hobo Bag £2,800, Everlane Cognac Leather Market Tote £140, Mulberry 'Clifton' Shoulder Bag in Rosewater Grain Leather £750, Mulberry Maple Tote in Oak Natural Grain Leather £775 and Prada Paradigm Bibliotheque Black Leather Tote Bag £2,170 were seen at least at 2017 and Mulberry 'Clifton' Shoulder Bag in Rosewater Grain Leather £750 already 2016. Also many others may be older, but those ones are what she did wear in public those years and are mentioned at those years at blog Meghan´s Mirror. That is total amounth £ 9,230.

They really take everything Meghan is wearing again and again with the whole price, even those things she has bought long before she met Harry.

At least quite many wear previous purchases. Burberry The Baby Bridle Bag in Tan Leather £595, Celine 'Ring' Bag £1,250, Chanel 'Gabrielle' Black Hobo Bag £2,800, Everlane Cognac Leather Market Tote £140, Mulberry 'Clifton' Shoulder Bag in Rosewater Grain Leather £750, Mulberry Maple Tote in Oak Natural Grain Leather £775 and Prada Paradigm Bibliotheque Black Leather Tote Bag £2,170 were seen at least at 2017 and Mulberry 'Clifton' Shoulder Bag in Rosewater Grain Leather £750 already 2016. Also many others may be older, but those ones are what she did wear in public those years and are mentioned at those years at blog Meghan´s Mirror. That is total amounth £ 9,230.

They really take everything Meghan is wearing again and again with the whole price, even those things she has bought long before she met Harry.

I just want to point out that the previously owned list here doesn't overlap with what I recalled in the previous post, so the total for what she owned before being a royal increase significantly from this total here as well.

Moral of the story? Meghan has had a nice bag collection well before her royal days. :lol:

Last edited:
This is not an issue that seems to be going away...

Based on the answers in that tweet and from MANT British citizens, NOPE, it's not an issue. It's not an issue most people care about and fashion designers can complain all they want. Most of them treated her like crap, now they want her to patron them? They can cry me a river and build a boat to float on it.

Ha, Meghan wears British designers, American designers, and Commonwealth designers. The OTT negative and petty frenzy really needs to stop.

DoS Meghan will wear what she wants to wear. And the continued ridiculous clamor is not going to change her selection process.

On the one hand, some people are loud about Harry and Meghan being not so important in the scheme of things. Yet still, the media and some royal observers want to get all up in their business all the time and dictate what they should wear and how they should conduct their daily lives. #IgnorePettyGriping

Some of the people commenting on the tweet “why is this important... we’re dealing with brexit!” must have skipped or failed to listen during their economics classes.

?
The Duchess of Sussex becoming a member of the British royal family has generated millions* in revenue for the British economy, as well as fostered increased interest in Britain and in the royal family from countries around the world, not just Commonwealth countries.

*An early estimate calculated last May actually placed the anticipated economic boost to the British economy at approximately $1.4 billion:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/r...c-impact-heres-the-boost-by-sector-2018-05-14

DoS Meghan has brought attention, recognition and sales to a variety of designers, store brands, manufacturers, etc. Whatever Meghan wears quickly sells out online. DoS has also brought attention to a number of sustainable companies and ethical brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the people commenting on the tweet “why is this important... we’re dealing with brexit!” must have skipped or failed to listen during their economics classes.

Not true. Last I heard, many British brands aren't owned by British companies nor are they actually made in Britain. Hint: My Burberry scarf was made in Italy as was my McQueen bag. :whistling:

And I have to laugh at the responses below that post. :lol: It seems like normal peeps outside of close royal followers (let's face it, we are in the minority by far) do not care that much.

Last edited:
Not true. Last I heard, many British brands aren't owned by British companies nor are they actually made in Britain. Hint: My Burberry scarf was made in Italy as was my McQueen bag. :whistling:

Oh, that old chestnut again! What about the higher value-added UK jobs in design, merchandising, sourcing, and IP? Seems to work for Apple. Most of the phones are made in the China, but the IP / Design / Tech elements are in the US.

Oh, that old chestnut again! What about the higher value added jobs in design, merchandising, sourcing, and IP?

Not the same, we've talked about Kerring owning McQueen before, but that's about as far as it went. This seems that not only is McQueen owned by a foreign company, but they are made in a foreign country. I suppose Britain is now a pass through for them.

You might want to check their leadership, whatever is publicly available, as well. None of us know the details of their overhead management. And it seems that Kerring does do consolidation to an extent, so I would actually be curious to see their merchandising, sourcing, and IP is owned by whomever owns the Company. So Kerring owns the company, they own the IP. BTW, making those luxury products takes specialized skills that pay well as they've become more scarce these days. While they aren't paid as well as CEOs or upper management, it's nothing to scoff at.

Look, I have no issues with "British" brands hiring foreigners in high positions just like I don't have problems with Brits being hired by foreign brands. I actually think the break down of those barriers is good for creativity and exchange of skills. However, I do question how "British" being defined here.

Last edited:
You might want to check their leadership, whatever is publicly available. None of us know the details of their overhead management.

I do know the space very well, I am an institutional investor focussed on the Consumer, Fashion & Retail sectors. I know quite a lot of the management teams in the sector well.

I do know the space very well, I am an institutional investor focussed on the Consumer, Fashion & Retail sectors. I know quite a lot of the management teams in the sector well.

Then you should know that those jobs you described as desirable are held by a lot of foreigners. In fact, I believe both of their CEOs are not Brits. The CCO for Burberry is now an Italian.

Last edited:
Then you should know that those jobs you described as desirable are held by a lot of foreigners. In fact, I believe both of their CEOs are not Brits. The CCO for Burberry is now an Italian.

That is right, but how is that a problem?

Most UK based fashion houses are reasonably large employers in the UK, so whether a CEO is a foreigner or not is not particularly pertinent. Further, for now, we still have a very open immigration system, allowing people across the EU to get jobs here. Hiring the best talent for the job allows the businesses to have the best chance of performing well, potentially creating a much larger business, employing a greater number of people and creating more economic wealth and tax revenues.

That is right, but how is that a problem?

Most UK based fashion houses are reasonably large employers in the UK, so whether a CEO is a foreigner or not is not particularly pertinent. Further, for now, we still have a very open immigration system, allowing people across the EU to get jobs here. Hiring the best talent for the job allows the businesses to have the best chance of performing well, potentially creating a much larger business, employing a greater number of people and creating more economic wealth and tax revenues.

You should notice from my previous post saying that I have no issues with this. In fact, I think it's a good thing. It's to point out the flaw in your argument about the Britishness. And I actually agree with some of you just said. CWK is a prime example of this working well going the other way. British talent being recognized and tapped to lead a world renowned house and British talent being showcased. British Fashion Council takes student to show their work in Paris every year. Yet some think CWK, as a Brit, does not matter while a company owned by foreigners, led by foreigners, and products made by foreigners are so much more British.

But the ultimate point is, it seems not that many people, outside of those closely follow royals (which is very much a minority), care.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Love the outfit and shoes. So chic.

Last edited:
Chic, but sadly lacking in the 'bling dept'...

Chic, but sadly lacking in the 'bling dept'...

You can forget about bling... she’s not a bling person. I sometimes wonder what she would wear in case of a tiara event. I’m thinking she might try and wear the smallest tiara in the history of tiaras. Sadly... [emoji19]

Her wedding tiara wasn't especially small though. Except for my wish for some colour I think this outfit is very elegant. I love everything really, ie hair, makeup, shoes, the side split in the skirt, all very chic!

You can forget about bling... she’s not a bling person. I sometimes wonder what she would wear in case of a tiara event. I’m thinking she might try and wear the smallest tiara in the history of tiaras. Sadly... [emoji19]

She rarely does big bling, but she does do them when the occasion calls for it. Neither of her wedding day bling or Fiji state dinner bling were small. On the everyday front, though, we'll just have to be patient. :lol:

Her wedding reception earrings might have been a badass combo with this. Although it might be a bit overkill for this. That's the one thing about Endeavor Awards that's always amused me. People don't always follow dress code. Like not even close. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom