The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a gorgeous look! I look the green boots! They are quite unique. I don’t wear much black coats, but I can get behind this one. Love the detail on it.

Love her hair this. It’s similar to what she had at the evening reception in Dublin.

I really prefer her side-part. This soft styling is very reminiscent of her earlier Suit days.

a close up

Yes, her hair looks lovely today, even with snowflakes fluttering down on it! It's not blowing all over the place, thank heavens.

The side part really is life to me. It just suits her so much better and loving that she is wearing it more now.

This is not for me. The boots are suede and all I´m thinking here that the snow is gonna ruin them if she´s unlucky. Plus I really hate the slouchy boots and the under the knee length is a big turn off for me. Over the knee? Hell yes. Under? Goodbye.

Dislike the dress too. Will never by my favorite.

I loooove this dress and think the boots a fun way to accessorize this.

I'm not sure the dress fits. But I love it.

This is not for me. The boots are suede and all I´m thinking here that the snow is gonna ruin them if she´s unlucky. Plus I really hate the slouchy boots and the under the knee length is a big turn off for me. Over the knee? Hell yes. Under? Goodbye.

Dislike the dress too. Will never by my favorite.

There are sprays which help protect suede from being destroyed when coming into contact with wetness.

Took me a few minutes but I knew the brand name was familiar, I came across it a few years ago while still living in the state, i’ve heard they’re fairly comfortable. I need a new pair of flats, though I don’t think the brand is sold in my country, i’ll have to check Poshmark.

Last edited:
Meghan's hair is lovely today--she's really had a string of good hair days recently. The coat is fine, and I like the boots, although I'm not sure I'm liking them together.

The dress, however, I can't make up my mind on. I like the print, and I like the fact that it's soft and flowy and just kisses her curves without clinging too much. However the combination of the soft fabric, the fact it isn't really maternity, and the print all make it seem a little bit overwhelming on her. She's so small boned that a smaller print might have worked better.

I think it might be time for Meghan to send an assistant to the closest Seraphine store and get a half dozen of the dresses in an assortment of colors and call it a day.

I really like her hair in a side part. Softer and prettier imo.

Love the green boots and clutch.

There are sprays which help protect suede from being destroyed when coming into contact with wetness.

Took me a few minutes but I knew the brand name was familiar, I came across it a few years ago while still living in the state, i’ve heard they’re fairly comfortable. I need a new pair of flats, though I don’t think the brand is sold in my country, i’ll have to check Poshmark.
And thank god for them. But even then, my suède babies do not go outside when it's wet outside. ?

Daily mail has a picture of her from the front without the coat..
Definitely an improvement over the skin tight ones she wore this past 2 months. If this was a maternity dress (which would have set better on her in the back) I would have ignored the large print and say this was a winner dress.

I agree about the hair, it helps take away from the harshness of the dress and make the entire look be much softer, bough I think a half and half with a clip or a hair brooch would have worked better.

Last edited:
I think it might be time for Meghan to send an assistant to the closest Seraphine store and get a half dozen of the dresses in an assortment of colors and call it a day.

Perhaps her Canadian stylist has not yet heard of Seraphie!

I don't dislike the dress, but once again, it hangs longer than the coat.
I really hate that, I think it looks sloppy.

Yes, her hair looks lovely today, even with snowflakes fluttering down on it! It's not blowing all over the place, thank heavens.

I actually thought the snowflake made it look even more magical. :lol: I was a bit concerned for her though. I know my hair would be frizzy all over after that.

I love how we assume her Canadian stylist is ignorant of British designers. Someone who works in the fashion industry knows labels and styles. Perhaps she and Meghan are simply not fond of Seraphie. We don't know. Some women find it hard to find actual maternity clothes they don't find matronly.

Love Meghan's hair. Very retro vibe to it. Favorite look as a royal. :flowers:

The coat is stunning and I am in love with the green accessories.

I think the dress actually fits her well. And I am actually liking the print. Its something different and adds a pop of color.

I LOVE this look! The dress is a knockout!

I love how we assume her Canadian stylist is ignorant of British designers. Someone who works in the fashion industry knows labels and styles. Perhaps she and Meghan are simply not fond of Seraphie. We don't know. Some women find it hard to find actual maternity clothes they don't find matronly.

Prefacing the sentence with "Perhaps..." would indicate that it was not an assumption that I had made. :flowers:

It may well be the case that neither Meghan or her Canadian stylist like Seraphine. The broader point that Ista was making was that perhaps wearing clothes designed for maternity wear might be better now, rather than wearing larger sizes of normal wear.

I like the dress. It's not something I would choose to wear myself if I could afford OdlR but I think it's working for her here along with the coloured accessories.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this look!! I love the contrast between the floaty, lightweight dress and the suede boots.

Yesterday's outfit was a total miss for me all the way around. Black on black on black with....beige shoes? And that incredibly severe topknot...just not a winner in any way.

Now today's look....I absolutely love her hair. I typically think she looks best in half up/half down styles but I honestly think today's hair might be the best I've ever seen her hair look. It's absolutely perfect. Soft, pretty, beautiful waves, not tons of flyaways...definitely a winning look. I love, love, love her dress, though again, it doesn't fit well. It really is time to step up to maternity wear. That said, apart from the way it fits her right at the moment, it's a beautiful dress and would be absolutely stunning with almost any color shoes including deep red suede heels. Though I do think it needs heels and not boots underneath. I really hate that boots with midi dress combo on anyone. The boots from today....lovely. Just not with that dress. I love olive green suede and my olive green suede booties are one of my favorite pairs in my own closet. Again, though, not a fan of the boots with midi dress combo. Overall, perfect hair. Loved all of the pieces, just maybe not put together, and the dress, while absolutely perfect, should be saved for when she's not pregnant since the fit is just off.

That dress looks aful and so do the boots. It looks like it was designed by a 19 year old fashion student

I like the dress, but.....it is not a maternity dress and does not fit her well at all. She is really needing maternity wear, not bigger sizes in everyday clothing.

I like the dress, but.....it is not a maternity dress and does not fit her well at all. She is really needing maternity wear, not bigger sizes in everyday clothing.

Its not that, I think it is an awful dress... and looks even worse with the boots... but at least she's not wearing something that has the bump sticking out noticeably...……...

Wondering. Has she worn any real maternity-clothing?

Wondering. Has she worn any real maternity-clothing?

I'm not a Meghan-obsessive so I'm not 100% sure but the only real maternity things I can think of are the sequined blue dress and the cream turtleneck dress.

Back
Top Bottom