The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, Meghan can carry off nearly every choice she makes with ease and grace. I would imagine that her yoga practice since the age of 7, and working out on a regular schedule is what helps provide her with an easy sense of graceful body awareness. In addition, Meghan's actor training and modeling stints would further add to her bodily awareness and knowing how to carry herself with strong yet graceful, erect posture, i.e., walking with shoulders down and back, head high and chin tucked inward rather than jutting out. In addition, dancers and models learn to tuck in their buttocks which helps strengthen one's core and assists in gliding with control and grace.

I've heard that wearing high heels frequently requires excercising one's feet and arches (similar to the excercises ballet dancers do in shaping and strengthening the arches in their feet). It's also having strong leg and thigh muscles that helps in walking in high heels. Plus, Meghan is said to wear a slightly larger size shoe so they are not pinching her feet. And I'm sure she carries flats to slip into on the plane and in cars, etc.
So well said! now I do not understand how you can use bigger shoes, when I do they come out of my feet when I walk! So I do not get that one. Also I understand probably her full jewelry it is presents from Harry , and the family, but I was reading Daily mail all the cost of her outfits and I was wondering how does it works? Since the red dress shows the tag , wonder if he clothing are loans and she has to give them back?

So well said! now I do not understand how you can use bigger shoes, when I do they come out of my feet when I walk! So I do not get that one. Also I understand probably her full jewelry it is presents from Harry , and the family, but I was reading Daily mail all the cost of her outfits and I was wondering how does it works? Since the red dress shows the tag , wonder if he clothing are loans and she has to give them back?

The clothes for the tour would have been paid for by Charles.

The bigger size shoe only works for some high heels. I generally wear a half size or a full size bigger in heels than I do in flats or a moderate heel.

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, I agree at O-H Anglophile. It depends on the shoe. A looser fit does not mean a fit where the shoes are coming off when you walk. It's about not wearing shoes that are very tight at the heel and toe.

Everyone can look up the exercises that dancers do to enhance and shape arches in their feet. Plus there is info on the Internet about the logistics of walking in high heels, and how you have to exercise and care for you feet. I don't have good arches, so I have trouble wearing high heels at all. Since I've had problems with heels, I tend not to wear them. I only found out recently the foot excercises that are helpful. I've always known about tucking in buttocks because I used to study dance. And we've all heard of the ways to practice erect posture, i.e., walking with books balanced on one's heads, in the way of island women/ tribal women who carry filled baskets on their heads and are able to balance them gracefully.

Last edited:
When I first saw her get off the plane in NZ, I hated the coat. It looked very unattractive when open.

But once she tied it closed, a total 180 from me lol! I think it was a smart choice. I would have liked to see her in a more formal and structured outfit ( a la Fiji) but this worked too and managed to make sense in a variety of contexts for the day.

It seems that I'm one of the few that liked Meghan's khaki dress; I can't think of what would be wrong with it.
Meghan's plum/purpleish dress is gorgeous - the colour suits her complexion a lot.

I don't like the Arival outfit. I'm not fond of the print:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-6325119-image-a-59_1540702716291.jpg

Meghan has changed into a formal black dress.

I'm sure some will complain about the color (what else is new :lol:) but I'm liking this look very much. She looks beautiful.

The black dress is absolutely beautiful and elegant. Love the dress.

A very relaxed look for both today. I'm expecting these outfits will go with them to the BBQ today.

And yes, Meghan is in black sweater and pants with taupe coat. :lol:

I love the top and jacket but not together.

Outbound jeans are getting her money's worth ?

The shirt is Jac and Jack, another Aussie brand.

Jacket is Club Monaco.

I actually like the casual look. Taupe jacket breaks up the black.

If she'd worn a brooch the poppy would have needed to be much larger. Or maybe a poppy brooch?

The poppy looked like a small brooch on the evening look. Perhaps wrong.

The RF certainly has poppy brooches, certainly larger ones.

Last edited:
It looks like her hair is parted on the side. I really like it.

The taupe wrap nicely breaks up all the black.

I like the taupe and black combination. Nice styles, nothing amazing, but very appropriate. The taupe is a good color on Meghan.

And she certainly seems to be going through the bandaids.

It seems that I'm one of the few that liked Meghan's khaki dress; I can't think of what would be wrong with it.
Meghan's plum/purpleish dress is gorgeous - the colour suits her complexion a lot.

Do you mean the khaki/olive green Antonio Berardi dress? I love it. I think the navy asymmetrical hemline dress that Meghan wore in her surprise appearance at the May 2017 polo match is iconic! So I'm happy to see her wearing more Antonio Berardi.
Compare the navy Berardi
https://www.vogue.com/article/megha...nce-antonio-berardi-dress-audi-polo-challenge

Meghan Markle in white blazer and dark blue dress at Audi Polo Challenge on May 6 ~ I want her style - What celebrities wore and where to buy it. Celebrity Style

with Khaki green Berardi tuxedo halter dress at Invictus:
https://www.glamour.com/story/meghan-markle-tuxedo-dress There's a photo here from the back, and it's very flatterng on Duchess Meghan

This blast from June 2017 is also a Meghan dress I love -- Club Monaco red and white flower print:
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/style/816975/meghan-markle-prince-harry-suits-dress

Here's a shopping website featuring so many lovely Theia gowns!
https://www.shopstyle.com/browse/wo..._medium=PPC&utm_source=Adwords&utm_term=theia

A rundown of South Pacific tour outfits from Day 11 backwards:

I want those shoes

This site has better close-up photos of the latest taupe coat/ black top and rewear of the black denim trousers:
Mad About Meghan

Australia's Outland denim company has announced that Meghan featuring their black denim trousers on tour has enabled them to make plans to hire an additional 15 to 30 new seamstresses in their Cambodian production house.

One of my favorite looks on this tour is the burgundy wrap dress. I hope Meghan wears it again soon. I love this look on her: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqjW0z0XQAAJI2Q?format=jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The two blues dress will remain my favourite, blue is her colour I think !

The blue Saffiya will always be my favorite. I hope she gets a chance to wear that again. Regal and simple.

The two blues dress will remain my favourite, blue is her colour I think !

Yep the two azure blue or aqua blue outfits (Safiya gown with cape, and the shirt dress outfit) are both beautiful on Meghan. Her skin pops with any shade of blue. Black, red, and burgundy also look great on Meghan, along with kelly green/ forest green, and olive green shades, and the Brandon Maxwell deep yellow maxi dress this summer. The Duchess also stands out in the right shade of white or cream, depending upon the fabric and styling. I also love, love the Carolina Herrera deep pink two piece outfit Meghan wore at TTC ceremonies in June. Her skin had a nice glow from their honeymoon stay in a sunny locale, and that outfit's pink shade really enhanced her gorgeous glow.

One of my all-time favorite Meghan looks is the to-die-for tan maxi coat over casual jeans and denim top (having lunch with Markus Anderson) the day after the news broke wide open that she was dating Prince Harry. From the light denim top to the navy handbag to the tie-up flat shoes, to the dark wash jeans, to her sunglasses, this look rocks:
https://www.gabimay.com.br/moda/loo...markle/attachment/meghan_markle-casual_style/

Last edited:
Yep the two azure blue or aqua blue outfits (gown with cape, and shirt dress style outfit) are both beautiful on Meghan. Her skin pops with any shade of blue. Black and red also look great on Meghan, along with kelly green and olive green shades. I also love, love the Carolina Herrera deep pink two piece outfit Meghan wore at TTC ceremonies in June. Her skin had a nice glow from their honeymoon stay in a sunny locale, and the pink really enhanced her gorgeous glow.

I would like to see TTC makeup again. The eyeliner isn't as dark. Maybe when we have another big daytime event.

JMO - but I agree with you about the reason the ASOS dress showed up. On the plane for comfort, or when another planned dress was spoiled or suddenly too tight - that black could be put under any coat. And it can be reworn.

And that trench is one of my three favorite things on the tour. In her wheelhouse, but I am loving that plaid as a step out from the solids she favors. And that is no cliche plaid that we have seen over and over.
I totally agree and I really love the trench because usually, a trench is a trench is a trench, but the plaid is a definite winner as is the colour combination looked really great on her and suitably formal for the occasion.

If she'd worn a brooch the poppy would have needed to be much larger. Or maybe a poppy brooch?
She did wear a Poppy brooch but it is very small. I have the same one myself though I still donate
So well said! now I do not understand how you can use bigger shoes, when I do they come out of my feet when I walk! So I do not get that one. Also I understand probably her full jewelry it is presents from Harry, and the family, but I was reading Daily mail all the cost of her outfits and I was wondering how does it works? Since the red dress shows the tag, wonder if he clothing are loans and she has to give them back?
All of her wardrobe items would have had a "TAG" which is colour coded to match each item and has individual care instructions. What we saw was not a price tag.

Outbound jeans are getting her money's worth ?

The shirt is Jac and Jack, another Aussie brand.

Jacket is Club Monaco.

I actually like the casual look. Taupe jacket breaks up the black.

The poppy looked like a small brooch on the evening look. Perhaps wrong.

The RF certainly has poppy brooches, certainly larger ones.
You are right and it is so much easier and kinder on clothes to wear them without ruining the material.

Alexandra Shulman of the Mail on Sunday started out on a bit of a b****y note by snarkily observing that rather than fitting or hiding her pregnancy, Meghan is showcasing it! I disagree and think they got caught out by her somewhat rapid expansion. However, once she got her act together she made some good points:
The Family usually would also take the opportunity to spotlight British fashion, but . . . . . Meghan has chosen not to do this. Instead she used the tour to broadcast her interest in female opportunity and environmental issues.

And:

Ultimately though, nobody wants her to look like a workaday version of the rest of us. The Duchess of Sussex is a Royal ambassador. We want her to be glamorous, sensitive, stylish, warm, contemporary and a little bit regal. I don't think there's anyone who could say she failed.

It looks like her hair is parted on the side. I really like it.

The taupe wrap nicely breaks up all the black.

I noticed that as well. A nice change from the middle part.

A casual look today but still chic. Love the boots.

I totally agree and I really love the trench because usually, a trench is a trench is a trench, but the plaid is a definite winner as is the colour combination looked really great on her and suitably formal for the occasion.

She did wear a Poppy brooch but it is very small. I have the same one myself though I still donate
All of her wardrobe items would have had a "TAG" which is colour coded to match each item and has individual care instructions. What we saw was not a price tag.

You are right and it is so much easier and kinder on clothes to wear them without ruining the material.

Alexandra Shulman of the Mail on Sunday started out on a bit of a b****y note by snarkily observing that rather than fitting or hiding her pregnancy, Meghan is showcasing it! I disagree and think they got caught out by her somewhat rapid expansion. However, once she got her act together she made some good points:

Yes what a shame, Meghan failed. Doesn't she know her role is a mannequin on wheels to display fashion :whistling: how dare she promote causes like nature. A fashion manequin is far more key. :bang:

Meghan did as every royal woman does on tour, she represented her country. Both in her died she actions, and in her clothes. She wore a range if Brirish, Australian, kiwi and Canadian labels.

I love that she chose lesser known Brirish and local labels. She gave them a boost. Also that she didn't simply wear a piece of two of local and the rest British. It's important to reflect both.

I just saw some different photos of the drab green dress from Invictus, and it looked so much better in those pictures than in the ones linked to here. I think I almost like it, but the collar is a little too sharply pointed for my taste, and the fabric does photograph as kind of chintzy in some pictures. I like the overall idea, though, and that color is always a favorite non-neutral-neutral for me. I actually really like those shoes with the big buckles and think they suit her really well, I just don’t think they were a good match for either of the dresses she wore with them. Maybe it’s the color—if they were a rich brown leather I might like them with the green dress pretty well, but the taupe just seemed like it was too pale. I think the burgundy dress called for a closed toe. I suspect the shoes as they are would have paired well with the striped shirt dress from a couple of days ago.

The burgundy dress is great! I don’t like that burgundy peplum top, though. Peplums are rarely attractive, IMO, and that one is too short. It makes her look misshapen. It’s bad. It’s suck air in through my teeth in disbelief that she walked out into public wearing it bad. But her hair at that event may be my favorite daytime/casual hairstyle we’ve seen on her yet, and those pants and shoes for her really, really well.

I like the lines of the trench that she wore for her arrival in NZ, in theory I like that it’s patterened, but brown plaid always looks so sad to me—not serious or appropriately sober, but a low energy sort of borderline ugly (fwiw, that classic Burberry plaid is a prime example of one I think looks good on no one and ought to just be burned).

Strangely, I don’t mind the muddy brown of the swing coat she wore with the trousers. That’s a color I usually don’t like on anyone, and I can’t say I adore it on her, but the cut is so good on her, and despite being dark Biergarten it manages to have an almost crisp contrast with the black, so it works for me. And those boots are GREAT.

Wow, I wonder if this is actually true or not! I came across a video of comedian Howie Mandel of Deal or No Deal fame talking about his connection to Meghan via the show, and some of the things he learned about her. According to Mandel, "Meghan is a fashionista, but she's slightly color blind and off on her colors but loves patterns..." This is likely not true at all. But I thought if it was true, it might account for Meghan liking black and navy mostly and monochrome dressing which might help her to distinguish certain shades better than if she wore too many mix of colors in her attire? It could also be why she once said she rarely wears prints. But again, this comment coming from Mandel is definitely not confirmed. He's probably just joking around, especially since the host is laughing. But why joke about something that specific?

See the comment starting at 0:56 in the below video:

Last edited:
:previous: I doubt it, she doesn't much care for patterns. In fact, when Suits decided to incorporate the actors' own personal style into the characters, they almost did away with prints entirely.

He's just talking. I could use another phrase that would more aptly describe this.

Last edited:
:previous: I doubt it, she doesn't much care for patterns. In fact, when Suits decided to incorporate the actors' own personal style into the characters, they almost did away with prints entirely.

He's just talking. I could use another phrase that would more aptly describe this.

Right, especially that last part about her smelling like flowers and making a bell sound with her lips and tongue. The host is laughing too. And if MM was color blind, we'd have surely learned it by now. Still, it got me thinking for a minute there. Apparently, Mandel knows nothing about Meghan. I heard she kept herself to herself mostly on that show anyway. She knew that stint was to save money only. It showed her where she didn't want her career to go.

And right, Meghan doesn't wear hardly any patterned prints. She has worn a couple of geometric designs before though, and color block attire, as well as flowered prints. Also, she does enjoy plaids and stripes on occasion, as evidenced by this current tour.

Last edited:
Last edited:
:previous: Are they the same ones she wore to sailing?

I'm not liking that tuxedo dress much. It looks disproportional to me--maybe if it was a bit longer? As it is, the combination of double breasted, short, and wide is not especially becoming. The white is nice, though, as is the fact that it's a NZ designer.

Back
Top Bottom