The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that the outfits have become more interesting as this tour has progressed. Love the latest evening wear and really cannot see anything tacky or unroyal about it.

I agree about the length. Especially given that they are tulle at the end. It would've been too light on someone taller. Like you said, the length and contrast added drama and romance. I just wish it was something other than birds, but that's a personal issue.:lol:

I too strongly dislike birds, but don't mind them in ornamental form ?

I loveeeeeee this dress. It’s beautiful, romantic, feminine and floaty. She looks absolutely beautiful! Love her hair and accessories as well.

Meghan's gown is so beautiful and dreamy. I absolutely love it and she looks stunning. I hope this dress gets re-worn!

The Oscar de la Renta white and black gown is absolutely gorgeous. Kudos

Great color for her..cute top.

LaRae

Another chic look and another cute hairstyle. Lovely!

Another Australian designer for the list. It's called a jacket on website. Her outbound jeans and British Shaun Leane eartings.

Great color on Meghan. Not always into peplams, but works here. :flowers:

Last edited:
That's the first real miss for me this tour - I love that she really went out on promoting local and British designers, but this dress has a horrendously shapeless cut and does her no justice.

Last edited:
Its a total miss for me too. Then again, I don't really like anything with a halter top neckline either. This dress looks like its more suitable for a boating tour or beach event more than an event closing the Invictus Games.

Even the poppy doesn't sit well with the color of the dress.

Her speech made up for it! She was great.

I agree that Meghan has chosen really well with her outfits.
I disliked the busy, puffy tulle but otherwise I've found a youthful vibrancy to her clear colours and stripes.
We've seen her tummy expand almost at every outing.
I hope New Zealand's clothing is comfortable and continues to Wow.

Harry is wearing smart gear beside Meghan too. They have looked good as a couple on the tour.

Last edited:
Hey be glad it's not the 80's ...all we'd be seeing would be smock dresses on pregnant royal ladies! lol

I'm not a fan of the green dress, although I love the color.

LaRae

Such a shapeless and boring dress, something bright was a must here I would have thought!

Can't understand ! This dress is not my favourite but it's very nice and I love the shoes !

The peplum top was a wonderful color, and I liked the style on Meghan. She looked great.

The green dress was absolutely dreadful, shapeless, unflattering, dead color, and although I usually like a halter neckline, this one was busy and unappealing. Ewww.

Loved the burgundy peplum top.

The green dress was okay.

I hated that awful green colour on Meghan last night. I'd have preferred even boring navy to that. The shape was OK. Her shoes, hair and speech were great though. Ditto her makeup, and good on her for wearing a poppy.

I liked the green dress, especially the halter neckline but I do wish it were in a different color. Those heels are everything though. Best part of the ensemble.

The peplum top is cute but the green dress is a sack of nothing. Shapeless, blah and not meant to be seen on a big stage.

Confused why a bright color would be an absolute must :ohmy:

It was an evening event and a darker color is certainly appropriate. I like the color :flowers:

I like the dress but not for the event. It is totally wrong for an evening closing ceremonies. It looks more like something you'd wear to the office (okay not the halter top but the rest). Just a miss for this event. :sad:

She has had only two total fails this tour. And this miss for me.

Do like she brought out another British designer. And again a lesser known.

I have to say some of Meghan’s high heels look ridiculous. Again in some videos she appears to have a difficult time walking.

She’s clearly trying to boost her height next to Harry but it comes across as majorly awkward imo.

Uhh, I don't think that's the case at all and I have yet to see where she looks to have a difficult time walking.

As for the green dress, the color really is the only issue I have with it. The shape is fine to me (not every dress needs to be fitted or cinched) and the halter neckline gives it enough of an edge for the occasion.

Back
Top Bottom