Crown Prince Christian, News and Current Events Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed.
I'm sure the family has traveled to many places we don't know about.
Christian has mentioned how his parents often talked to him and his siblings of their many travels.
This I'm sure was a conscious choice with his family and government, and not random.

I'm sure the family is enjoying the last weekend as a family of 6 for awhile. ☺️
i am just imaging that for that paris photo they ask some random american tourist to take a family photo said tourist have no idea who they were and then later on seeing that same family in the news earlier this year

Tanzania it is.

“Ekstra Bladet” is reporting that Christian … accompanied by three friends from Herlufsholm school … has taken a safari in Selous Game Reserve in his first few days in Africa.

(His friends possibly won’t stay with Christian for his entire three month trip.)

Here is a nice YouTube of the Selous Reserve, which is also known as Nyerere National Park, and is a UNESCO protected area.

Interesting that he is joined by his friends from Herlufsholm and not from friends from his more recent high school.

And Nyerere National Park is in a different part of the country than Ngorongoro, so at seems not very likely that that will be his first destination (for his volunteering/working).

Interesting that he is joined by his friends from Herlufsholm and not from friends from his more recent high school.

And Nyerere National Park is in a different part of the country than Ngorongoro, so at seems not very likely that that will be his first destination (for his volunteering/working).

Maybe longer/deeper friendship with these mates Somebody, than from his most recent school.

And maybe the off-spring of friends of his parents … who can afford the expenses of a trip to Africa.

A nice introduction for Christian … seeing the wild-life first … rather than having to knuckle down to the work side and wait.

I can still see him going to other parts of the country.

Whether the Shangri-La Coffee farm … which also has pigs, an avocado farm, and supplies yoghurt and cheese to other lodges from their dairy … or somewhere else.

I don’t think he will be limited to this area.

There seems to be many light plane flights, that people don’t have to travel great distances by land. (That is, those people from overseas who can afford it.)

With this information coming out less than a week in, I don’t think it will be the last report of his activities.

Friends who attended Herlufsholm with him but that he has known for the majority of his life.

Mentioning Christian’s gap year … in another thread … being an actual year made me wonder if he will actually take a whole year.

Is this trip to East Africa more or less it, or will the Crown Prince have a real year of travel and adventure.

When the information about the visit to the Selous Game Reserve with his school friends came out, I noticed that one of the Danish publications had put out an article about Frederik “needing” to send Christian off out of Denmark. (Following on from his summer music festival occasions and the photos/videos coming from that.)

I have no opinion about those, but what caught my attention was this was ten days before the official announcement of the African experience.

The journalist who wrote about Christian said he should be sent to a plantation in Africa … and ten days later we are told he is going to work on two farms there.

But the journalist also suggested he could be sent to a cattle ranch in Argentina.

So, I wonder if there was a slight “leak” before the official announcement, and maybe … if Christian is indeed away from Denmark for a year … he will also get to do that, go to Argentina.

I thought he might go to Vietnam with the ties it had for his Grandfather, and to Tasmania, to the working farm owned by the family of his Godfather there.

Tasmania would be pretty tame after Africa, but it would be a chance to get an understanding of his mother’s upbringing and the first decades of her life.

(I once thought Danes and Aussies had quite a bit in common, but having watched a lot of YouTube’s about Danish social culture, lifestyle and work culture lately, I now think we have some big and significant differences to each other. Tassie, and especially the mainland, might be eye-opening for him, despite us both being Western countries.)

A year is a long time … if he takes a year … so it will be interesting to see where else he may go.

Last edited:
What?
I do not think Frederik needed to send him anywhere. Much less for attending music festivals. Which Frederik is quite fond of too. And has attended by himself, with Mary, with Christian and with Isabella.
At his graduation, before the summer holidays, Christian had already stated and hinted at traveling.
I seriously doubt all this speculation.

What?
I do not think Frederik needed to send him anywhere. Much less for attending music festivals. Which Frederik is quite fond of too. And has attended by himself, with Mary, with Christian and with Isabella.
At his graduation, before the summer holidays, Christian had already stated and hinted at traveling.
I seriously doubt all this speculation.
Agreed. He enjoyed his summer. Good for him! Hardly a reason to send him out of DK as some sort of punishment. And the DRF imo is not a royal family in the habit of leaking anything. I also doubt Frederik and Mary make decisions for their kids based on what a tabloid suggests they do.

I hope Christian is having a great experience abroad and people are not going to lengths to find where he is.

This was an article published ten days before the official announcement, published in Denmark for Danes to read.

If you didn’t see it then, don’t worry about it now polyesco/Izzie, it doesn’t mean anything to most people I think.

Lots of things get said/thought you probably don’t see here on The Royal Forums.

(When looking at information about the Verbier ski chalet a few weeks ago I came across some British reports that … at the time of the criticism of Frederik and Mary owning private property they rented to others … these British outlets said that they had also brought themselves a house somewhere in France for example.)

The point I was making in including that, was if Africa turned out to be, maybe Argentina will too.

I have no particular opinion about Christian. It is him going to Africa which interests me.

And of course Mary and Frederik don’t do what media, tabloid or otherwise, tell them. Who would think they do.

I wouldn’t worry too much about anyone going to any lengths to find out where Christian is or where he will be going.

You would be aware of the many Tik Tok photos and videos of teenage Royals in their private time available … without even joining Tik Tok … for some time now on the internet perhaps.

And the photos on Pinterest of magazines from other countries that fans put up. Photos not published in the UK of the Wales children for example, or of the Danish twins, Josephine in her bikini etc., not published in Denmark, but published somewhere, and then put on the internet for any and all to see.

No-one will spoil Christian’s gap year by talking about it.

I thought this was a tradition that both his grandmother and father did before him?

Yes Chimene, polyesco has posted an article about their trips, and Frederik’s brother also, upthread.

Back
Top Bottom