The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The dress is like a sheet. Horrible, but at least it's not black

Oh yeah she's definitely not showing and shouldn't have announced she was pregnant at the start of the tour. [emoji849]

IMO the blue dress for the black tie dinner is her best look of the tour. I do agree that a simple low bun or even a low ponytail would have highlighted the earrings.

Can someone tell me what kind of blue this is, other than Fijian blue? Is it cerulean? I tried to look it up, but it seem slightly different. But it could be the lights.

I call it a Royal Blue .

LaRae

White dress is really nice. Not very interesting, but a piece that´ll last for years and years.

The blue dress is fantastic. I adore a cape and when it´s a well done cape, your basic dress is suddenly a whole lot more interesting. The color is great too. She wears colour really well.

I'd say cerulean or azure depending on the light. Hard to tell. Royal is usually a darker blue with a bit of a purple cast, which this one doesn't seem to have in the photos I've seen so far.

I'd say azure too. It's the exact blue of Fiji's national colour, which was chosen to reflect the azure seas around the islands of Fiji.

Can someone tell me what kind of blue this is, other than Fijian blue? Is it cerulean? I tried to look it up, but it seem slightly different. But it could be the lights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Fiji

It's supposed to be the same colour as the Fiji Flag which is described as Sky Blue. :flowers:

I call it a Royal Blue .

LaRae

So this is the wiki definition of royal blue, definitely something closer to Navy IMO.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_blue

The top part of the evening gown isn't what I would have gone with, but its a minor quibble because the overall look, ESPECIALLY in motion, is stunning. The color is perfect on Meghan and it moves with such drama with the cape.

I think we can expect fit to be off with her clothes this trip. Not only does she have a bump now, but overall her body is completely changed in the bust and lower body too. Even with professionals on staff, that is going to be hard to manage.

The top part of the evening gown isn't what I would have gone with, but its a minor quibble because the overall look, ESPECIALLY in motion, is stunning. The color is perfect on Meghan and it moves with such drama with the cape.

I think we can expect fit to be off with her clothes this trip. Not only does she have a bump now, but overall her body is completely changed in the bust and lower body too. Even with professionals on staff, that is going to be hard to manage.

Yea. It's maternity wear for her once she's back in UK. I would say she should've started on maternity wear already, but no one would've known that just by looking at her the first day. That baby is growing like a weed.:lol:

Wow in just a week her dump grew so much. The baby is growing fast. I think she will start using maternity wear pretty soon.

All I can say is I hope she wasn't planning on wearing any of the clothes from the first week again in the second week of the tour.....

All I can say is I hope she wasn't planning on wearing any of the clothes from the first week again in the second week of the tour.....

Well, she'll be mostly in light colors in Fiji and Tonga. :lol:

In all seriousness though, I hope she brought way bigger clothes for New Zealand, because if this baby keeps growing at this rate....

I like the color of the gown, but not feeling the style. Love the earrings.

Remind me William also kept his buttons unbuttoned in Scandinavia, too. Charles, please (re)teach your kids how to button their jackets in formal occasions:lol:.

Perhaps its all Harry's subconscious at work. Now that the cat is out of the bag and Meghan can relax and allow her changing figure to show in how she dresses, Harry is doing likewise right along with her. :lol:

she looks wonderful in that shade of blue,howver i must say i am not fan of cut
earrings are fantstic

Last edited:
That's a no from me. I really don't like the pattern and style of the dress. Her hair looks nice though.

Nope! Sorry...don't like it! Print and style looks old fashioned to me! Prefer her in neutrals!

What is It with her and Kate looking old?:D

I love it. It gives me flashbacks to the 70s when I was pregnant and the styles of the day fit right in. It looks wonderful on Meghan. Very feminine and very flowing and very "maternal".

It does seem like she's opting out to wear more flats or shorter heels too.

Very much a win for me. ?

Not my taste, I don’t think the shoes match either

Last edited:
You see...this is what happens when people b$#@$h and complain about her dressing in neutrals and the monochrome look! She looks far better in classic, simple designs...i don't think that the print suits her at all!

Love the color. Very pretty, bright. Fits the area.

The style is okay- not my fave- but it’s fine. I think it very much fits where she is though. So, it’s a win from that POV. Very laid back, relaxed look. It’s a good fit with what Harry’s wearing.

The shoes don’t match though. They stick out imo.

Last edited:
I love the color and print on her...but not a fan of the bunchy ruffle part. The wedges are a meh..would love to see her in a flat/sandal in this. LOVE her purse! Nice hair too!

LaRae

I like it fine. Not my favorite, but it seems appropriate for the visit.

Back
Top Bottom