The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come on best mate Jessica, shop til you drop and get Meghan some more maternity clothes.

I love the color, and ordinarily I would love the style, but this is looking slightly tight around the mid-section and is consequently doing that riding up and wrinkling thing clothes do when they don't fit correctly. Looks to me as though in an attempt to accommodate the baby, the dress was bought in a bigger size, so it looks too big in the shoulders, but is still snug through the hips.

She either needs maternity clothes ASAP, or looser and more forgiving styles.

I don't like that shade of green at all, sorry, to me it's going backwards to the old dark colours I thought she'd ditch on a tour to the South Pacific. The dress is a little snug too. However, she looks very well and is filling out. Thank heavens Harry is being seen in other colours not the eternal blue suit! He looks very nice.

Come on best mate Jessica, shop til you drop and get Meghan some more maternity clothes.

She's gonna have to do it from Canada then. Her and Ben left Australia already.

Now this is more Meghan. Sleek, stream line, modern. :flowers:

Love the color and the good accessories.

Unfortunately bit snug with the bump.

Not British but at least commonwealth designer.

I guess I'm the only one who really dislikes this dress. The color isn't great and I hate, hate, hate the shoulders/sleeves on this, it makes her look like a football player in the shoulder area, IMO. And I am not fond of her hair this way. She looks hunched over from the waist up. :ohmy:

Perhaps Jessica sent off some more realistic measurements . . . we can only hope. Poor Meghan, who would've thought in their wildest nightmares that she'd go from "cute baby bump" to "make a hole . . . pregnant lady coming through" in less than a week. :flowers:

I hope she still fits into the clothes she has for the next week--this photo shows how regular clothes are on the verge of not working at all.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...0000578-6314025-image-a-153_1540431575433.jpg

I feel for her because she's not quite ready for maternity, but on the other hand going up one to two sizes in regular women's wear doesn't work either.:sad:. She'll be at the maternity stage soon, but perhaps not until they're back in the UK.

Perhaps Jessica sent off some more realistic measurements . . . we can only hope. Poor Meghan, who would've thought in their wildest nightmares that she'd go from "cute baby bump" to "make a hole . . . pregnant lady coming through" in less than a week. :flowers:

Its possible too that Jessica didn't even meet or contact Meghan at all during this tour. From what I understand, she flew there with her husband and has already left and there's been no reports of Jessica being affiliated with Meghan for this tour.

And... she's in red for Tonga.

Its possible too that Jessica didn't even meet or contact Meghan at all during this tour. From what I understand, she flew there with her husband and has already left and there's been no reports of Jessica being affiliated with Meghan for this tour.

Ben did an interview with an Aussie morning show. They tried to dig for things and said he's working and so is Jess. He said Jess is not. She's there on personal time while he's working. It's also their 10 year anniversary this week, so its somewhat of an early celebration since they've never been to Australia.

Pretty color, but she must be sweltering.

Love the red...I think it's the color of the Flag there in Tonga.

LaRae

She looks good in red from what I can tell from the photo. Its also very apparent that Meghan is "thickening" as the expression goes. :D

Absolutely love how Megsie adapts her clothing according to which country she is in.

At least this dress seems to fit
This is a bespoken, so they likely adjusted the strap higher so that the flowy skirt starts early and allow her some room. The version available to us plebs is a full length gown.

Last edited:
She's going to be one of those ladies who puts weight on all over not just in her stomach.

LaRae

I love, love this dress. It's gorgeous, bright, appropriate, fits beautifully, ticks all the boxes !

Also nice to see her skirts are long enough there are no (knock on wood) issues with flying up.

LaRae

Now Meghan, where are those earrings from earlier?

Again a nice color but isn't Tonga tropical-hot and humid? The average temps are 73-84 F in October. It makes me hot looking at her.

The silhouette is a little better, but still snug through the bust and torso.

The sleeves are chiffon and slightly see through. And the skirt is flowy, so it's quite nice in hot weather.

Not always a fan of self portrait but the color is stunning on her :flowers:

Lovely nod again to the flag. Nice to see in Fiji and now here.

It does look hot but the material and style helps.

The the red dress seems just fine great color on her and lovely embroidery. The green dress, what a disaster on so many levels. Yes, a new stylist, will be announced after this amateur hour is over. She is not up the job, now all the tags still on the red dress,...

Last edited:
The the red dress seems just fine. The green dress, what a disaster on so many levels. Yes, a new stylist, will be announced after this amateur hour is over. She is not up the job

No stylist could predict just how much the body would change.

She has had two bad looks on the entire tour. If that was bad enough to fire a stylist no royal stylist would survive any tour.

I think some viewers will just have to accept she will never be the sixty year old matron......well not until she is 60 and even then will likely be stylish.

Another great reason fashion wise for a second young British royal woman. Boost to remind many that there is a whole fashion industry for people like her......a thirty something professional woman. That you dint have to skip from post college twenty something to old married woman in pearls.

Back
Top Bottom