The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really wanted to hate this looks because I hate print overall, but she looks nice and comfortable. But I agree with Terri...Meghan knows what looks good on her which is probably why she hasn't ventured too far from that silhouette in the past.

I love the colour, the print and I have a huge weakness for ruffles… i LOVE this dress !

I like the dress. It's a nice silhouette and I love that she's in color. I think I'd have ditched the pom pom belt, though.

I love it. It gives me flashbacks to the 70s when I was pregnant and the styles of the day fit right in. It looks wonderful on Meghan. Very feminine and very flowing and very "maternal".

It does seem like she's opting out to wear more flats or shorter heels too.

Very much a win for me. ?

And Oz TV commentators were saying Osipi that the long sleeves, longish length and even the fullness in the sleeves, are all part of befuddling those pesky mosquitos.

(I've been advised not to wear tight clothing when in South America - loose clothing means they can't penetrate to your skin like tight sleeves etc.)

I love the whole tropical vibe. Super comfortable for her.

And I love that Meghan seems to have bought only four pairs of shoes with her! Great example of travel packing. :lol:

While I'm not a huge fan of the dress, it is quite appropriate for the occasion.

Even so, a lot of her neck is exposed! She must be wearing tons of insect repellent!

Well Terri Terri, our TV commentators said yes, she would be covered in insect repellant.

And not just the spray on type, but the sort you actually have to rub into your skin.

And that usually has quite a strong smell - but when you are in the tropics, right.

I'm afraid I'm not a fan, as I don't like ruffles and don't really care for the colour or the print. However, Meghan looks comfortable, that's the main thing. It's appropriate for the occasion and setting, and her hair looks lovely. I like Harry's shirt!

I love it! Color, pattern and a very nice silhouette to boot!

But her hair takes the cake. So beautiful with the flowers added in.

I love it! Color, pattern and a very nice silhouette to boot!

But her hair takes the cake. So beautiful with the flowers added in.

Her hair is really beautiful. Lovely updo. The flowers are lovely. This might be one of her best hair days.

So far the worst outfit in this tour to me. Not a big fans of floral ruffles.

I'm afraid I'm not a fan, as I don't like ruffles and don't really care for the colour or the print. However, Meghan looks comfortable, that's the main thing. It's appropriate for the occasion and setting, and her hair looks lovely. I like Harry's shirt!

I love this dress for Meghan. The color is fantastic! It reminds me of the one that Catherine wore in India. Lightweight and cool for a warm and humid climate.

The color is fantastic and I love her hair :flowers:

But the ruffles and the print are too much. It's like a bad seventies acid rush.

Two looks that make me think she got advice from her sister in law.

Worst (this) and best (blue evening gown) looks this tour both in Fiji.

Can someone tell me what kind of blue this is, other than Fijian blue? Is it cerulean? I tried to look it up, but it seem slightly different. But it could be the lights.

Looks like cobalt blue to me. Perfect with her skin tone.

Really love the pink dress with the asymmetrical ruffles, another good color for her. The belt and especially the Pom poms really make it swing. Too bad about the black espadrilles, a color from the dress or neutral would have been less jarring. The flowers in her hair, just perfect

:previous: I wonder if Jessica has been sourcing more maternity clothes as Meghan has just "popped" these last few days. I kind of smiled at those who commented that any professional could have planned for this because Meghan is small. My very petite sister didn't show enough to be thought pregnant when she was eight months pregnant! That is the lesson, everyone is different, just as every pregnancy is different. :flowers:

Meghan's pink ruffled Uni visit dress is wonderful. A French designer Figue - retailing for $2,000.

Love it with her hair in a proper high style. Pretty with the flowers in the side.

Is her clutch bag a present from Fiji?

Here's a photo -

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au...~/media/88c1756574084018a6aca3a8c411427d.ashx

And a better photo of the dress -

https://www.instagram.com/p/BohddTAHgs6/?utm_source=ig_embed

I find the pink dress awful. I don't like the print or the style. One of her worst looks.

It’s pink, but it’s horrid. I like the local touch with the clutch.

I might catch some heat with political correctness for this, but here goes.

The more I look at it, the more I realize the problem is the fit on top. Which isn’t surprising given that it’s not maternity wear and she’s pregnant. This dress is not really made for someone who now has a little bit of weight on her. Meghan, when she’s not pregnant, and this dress in several sizes smaller, would look much better. This print is also meant for someone who is stick thin. The fit on top is not only looking a little odd in the fit, but the print also a little busy for a woman already showing.

The dress is something that grew on me once I look at it closer. The initial look made it seem like it’s chiffon as there is no sunlight out. But it actually has a little sheen and is made of silk. You can see a little bit of that as the day went on and I liked it much better under different lights.

Late to comment on the pink dress. I love the color on her, but it has way too many details. Lose the pom pom belt, and if the skirt were one layer rather than a tiered skirt, I think it might work a whole lot better. As it is, the whole thing swallows her, and not in a good way. Aside from that, she should wear this color often, but without a total remake, this dress should go to the closet in the sky.

I liked the pink dress from the side, but it’s just too much for me when seen head-on. I don’t think that kind of sleeve/neckline construction works well with her shoulders, either.

That said, I liked it a lot more once she put on the traditional collar/lei that was given to her. It complemented that really well, and maybe that was the plan from the start in the choice of dress.

Meghan's pink ruffled Uni visit dress is wonderful. A French designer Figue - retailing for $2,000.

Love it with her hair in a proper high style. Pretty with the flowers in the side.

Is her clutch bag a present from Fiji?

Here's a photo -

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au...~/media/88c1756574084018a6aca3a8c411427d.ashx

And a better photo of the dress -

https://www.instagram.com/p/BohddTAHgs6/?utm_source=ig_embed
Hmmmmm not for me,the design the ruffles the prints everything in this dress remind me of the 80th :D
Not nice dress i am afraid but her hair looks lovely anf very nicely styled

Love the green dress with the gold accessory.

But I continue to worry about Meghan for the rest of the trip unless she brought maternity wear.

Am I the only one to think that her face as well as her body is changing fast ? I think its normal for a pregnant Lady…. she still looks very nice !!!

Lovely shade of green. Harry looks dapper in his light colored suit.

Back
Top Bottom