The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 27: September 2019 - January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the dark green shoes, hat and bag with the beige coat. The Duchess is very elegant today.
Nitpicking, I’d make the cuff trim a touch narrower (or lose the fur cuffs altogether.)
I’d like to see the coat without a belt.

This is a lovely look for Catherine today and I like how it's coordinated with what Charlotte is wearing.

Are you sure it's faux fur? She wears llama or alpaca fur at times.

LaRae

I love this coat and the accessories. Perfect for a Christmas Day service.

That is EXACTLY what i was thinking as well Lady Marlboro...it's very elegant and very retro. I absolutely love it!

:bang: Mohair is not a fur. It's wool-like fabric.

It's not really wool since it comes from Angora goats so it's more of a fiber actually. Fur wasn't the right word either.

LaRae

The coat is elegant , but my first thought was that it looked really cozy.

Ohhh I love this coat. Very elegant and cozy. Wish I had the money to buy one for myself.

I also like her shoes and the detail (green) to match her daughter's coat. Maybe her dress beneath the coat is green too.

The original style is a much shorter piece described as: "Luxurious, mocha mohair and faux fur lends a distinctly wintry Russian aesthetic to this beautiful tailored coatdress. The pleated faux fur skirt, nipped at the waist and sumptuous collar will keep winter at bay."
https://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2019/12/first-look-george-charlotte-make-their.html
To be honest, there are so many changes I don't believe we can compare it to the other and instead just say it was the same textiles. The coat cut and style in 95% the same as an awful lot of her other coats.

Having said that, I have to admit I like the way she has accessorised her ensemble with her beautiful hat, earring and shoes but think she went a step too far with Charlotte. She is a little girl, cute but not an accessory.

To be honest, there are so many changes I don't believe we can compare it to the other and instead just say it was the same textiles. The coat cut and style in 95% the same as an awful lot of her other coats.

Having said that, I have to admit I like the way she has accessorised her ensemble with her beautiful hat, earring and shoes but think she went a step too far with Charlotte. She is a little girl, cute but not an accessory.

I think it was more that Kate was painting a coordinating picture for posterity as she so often does. Charlotte’s coat coordinated with Kate’s accessories, while Charlotte’s dress, tights and shoes coordinated with William and George making a pleasing, harmonious family photo.

Catherine always has a very elegant and sophisticated air about her, especially when she's in formal wear. And Christmas Day was no exception! ?

I don't think she wanted gloves...she told one of the ladies on Twitter that she was getting too warm (mixing with the crowd after Church).

LaRae

Oddly, the only younger lady wearing gloves (I think) was Beatrice. She covered up her beautiful new engagement ring.

I like the print and colour. A good choice for this engagement.

A gorgeous retro style dress for Catherine! I love the colours on her.

Not sure about the blue hat but none less a nice look for Sunday Morning Church service.

I like this colour combination. I think the trim on the hat is the shade if the coat, although I can’t be sure. It is almost claret and blue colours which must please William as an ardent Aston Villa supporter [emoji3]

I love this look. Beautiful coat and really like the hat. Much more so than any type of fascinator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom