The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 27: September 2019 - January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks very radiant and very festive! The style of this dress is very much part of current trends. It fits her style.

I don't have a problem with bows in general, I mean on a cute blouse paired with pants or a classic skirt, it is very stylish. But I think that with big curls, a busy pattern, a knee-length loose dress it becomes a bit too much and gives an outdated vibe.

This is definitely a ‘marmite’ dress. Opinions clearly divided here.

In fairness to DoC and other royal women, they have to “look nice” hundreds of times a year. Even HM’s garb is off a few times a year, and she wears basically the same thing every time. I think Catherine looks just fine, and totally appropriate, bow notwithstanding.
I’d love to see her wearing the jumpsuit Princess Charlene has on today!

The Duchess of Cambridge during a visit to Peterley Manor Farm, Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire today, December 4:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Very festive and fun look!

This is a good casual look for her. I like the jacket and the sweater underneath, and the festive colour combo is a nice touch this time of year. The boots are great, too.

This is a good casual look for her. I like the jacket and the sweater underneath, and the festive colour combo is a nice touch this time of year. The boots are great, too.

Agreed. It’s a great casual look- and festive.

As is almost always the case, I love her casual look. Younger, fresher.

Love the coat and sweater. I even love the boots (which look a bit like high top sneakers from my day and not boots ?). Could do without the tight jeans.

Good pick for a kid's Christmas event.

The only thing I don't care much for is the skinny jeans/jeggins..whatever they are. I love the rest of her look.

LaRa

A good country look for Catherine and I like the festive addition of red and green.

As we haven’t any pics of a full or even half view of the dress, we can’t know if Kate had the sleeves altered. I agree that they look terrible.

Well in a positive light the dress is festive looking but the sleeves are terrible and might be more suited to Mrs Claus!

The white collar and cuffs gives the dress for the Christmas lunch a school uniform look. I agree with the feeling about the sleeves, they are horrid.

Well in a positive light the dress is festive looking but the sleeves are terrible and might be more suited to Mrs Claus!
Oh An Ard RI, I so agree with you. I adore the fabric and colors in this plaid but not those sleeves. Was horrified how many high-end, upscale stores are showing these sleeves. Many in media going to holiday formal affairs are wearing, if not on gowns then on their light over snugs. I certainly would think they would be a bit of a problem eating. I mean some are huge [like the ones Princess Victoria wore recently] and they must drag in your plate! Anyway, hope this fad only lasts an extremely short time. JMO

I think the Boden dress is much nicer than the tartan.

If the tartan is indeed a skirt and matching top, I hope Kate sticks to wearing the skirt with something else and tosses the blouse.

Kate's sleeves on the tartan dress/blouse appear to be the same fabric as the bodice, rather than the sheer sleeves of the dress as originally produced by Wickstead. I imagine Kate's may be modified in style as well.

Absolutely love her coat...great color, style and texture.

LaRae

I really like how Catherine's outfit matches Charlotte's.

Catherine looks beautiful, and I love the shape and flow of this coat. The entire ensemble is very elegant. I will admit that I'm never a huge fan of those tall furry collars, but that's just me--they always look claustrophobic unless it's sub-zero weather.

The hat looks like a repeat to me, I'm trying to remember when we saw it last.

Her coat and hat look like something out of the 1930s. I can picture it on Marina, Duchess of Kent or Alice, Duchess of Gloucester.

No need to tell me it's Catherine Walker. So much like her other pieces.

But still a nice elegant look. Not usually fan of faux fur but here it gives a bit more interest to Kate's uniform. All in all nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom