The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 27: September 2019 - January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but only redeeming quality is the color.

I hate the childish peplem style she insists on, and false pockets across the chest is never a good look on anyone.

If I didn't know it was de la Renta, I would never have guessed. It looks like any of her other similar looks. Glad she repeats it, to get money worth.

Too fussy and it doesn't fit. It looks too small and waist isn't right. Beautiful color

I, for one, liked this outfit on Catherine and didn't think it was too fussy at all. The colour is fantastic.

A statement necklace, brooch or scarf would have made this sing, but I guess it’s not her style. She still looks good and appropriate.

I agree that a necklace or scarf would add some flair to the dress.
But it is a pretty dress and she looks lovely and appropriate.

Its a really nice look and colour on the duchess and always nice to see this dress again.

Very matronly. :ermm:

No surprise the designer's dresses take inspiration from the 80s.n

Duchess of Cambridge take part at the #ABerryRoyalChristmas, a Christmas party, hosted by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, to thank and acknowledge staff and volunteers from charities and organisations who will be working tirelessly over the Christmas period.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKp4qh4WsAAr7Ka?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

By Alessandra Rich dress

https://assetsprx.matchesfashion.com/img/product/1307835_1_zoom.jpg

Beautiful color but I dislike the print and style.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 27: September 2019 -

I’m with the too matronly camp.Particularly disliking the bow with the busy print. Combined with the sausage curls, this is a look I’d hoped had run its course.

Last edited:
Duchess of Cambridge take part at the #ABerryRoyalChristmas, a Christmas party, hosted by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, to thank and acknowledge staff and volunteers from charities and organisations who will be working tirelessly over the Christmas period.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKp4qh4WsAAr7Ka?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

By Alessandra Rich dress

https://assetsprx.matchesfashion.com/img/product/1307835_1_zoom.jpg

The dress has apparently been modified from the original and looks stunning on Catherine.

This is literally Catherine’s style to a T, and she pulls it off so well. Lovely bright colour choice which is perfect for a TV show.

The dress has apparently been modified from the original and looks stunning on Catherine.

This is literally Catherine’s style to a T, and she pulls it off so well. Lovely bright colour choice which is perfect for a TV show.

I have to agree with you, it is a very Catherine dress, and it looks great on her.

It is very Catherine and I really like the style. It's very feminine.

Not a fan...it's like wrapping paper has enveloped her. The red is a great color though.

LaRae

I am not that much of fan of the bow but the look is lovely on the Duchess,nice color totally in spirit of Christmas.

Absolutely agree 100% the duchess looks simply wonderful!

The duchess will always be a beautiful lady no matter what she wears but this whole look feels outdated.
I wish she had not altered the designer's model, I think it would have given a more modern vibe to the dress.

:previous: I agree, the original design would have looked more elegant on her. When you have such small print on dresses with more than a nod to a season or occasion, the secret is to not overdo it and the addition of a ***** bow ages it.

I liked the style of the original and believe Catherine could have been a knock-out but by raising the already high neck and adding a fussy bow her neck and shoulders shrouded by sausage curls is a really backward step in her style evolution.

I love the dress on her---perfect choice for the occasion. A dress that reads matronly on a mere mortal transforms to retro/elegant on her frame with her loosely flowing beautiful hair and radiant health. She nailed it.

I am not a fan of the bow. And I think she leans on that choice too often. But that's just my personal taste and her personal taste to who cares.

I do think it interesting that she increasingly asks for minor changes to the design that is part of the line. The changes are small enough that they may well be done by a seamstress, rather than the designer and if that's so - I think it is to save on costs. Or, the designer makes the changes for a small fee because of all the publicity they get.

But it's my opinion that she has decided to make things she wears her own, if only in small ways.

Those bows are dated. Not sure why she continues to wear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom