The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 27: September 2019 - January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are really stretching here.

If this was an one time thing, maybe could be a nod to her grandmother. Or to the history. But in reality she wears this military costume style often enough. She has a sailor version as well. And not all retro inspired either.

Good point, she is very retro and maybe all for her grandmother. All is beautiful except the zipper!,on the coat and the pull right at her throat. One of my absolute favorite hairdos on her. Yes a long way from the sausage curls hanging in the face.
Yes this coat definitely has a retro forties feel to it. Considering that she is honoring her grandmother's contribution to the war effort I believe it is entirely appropriate.

What I liked about this year's look is that actually back in the 1940s, the military aspects of an outfit were very much the rage. So, in a way, fitting for remembering those that served and died in WWII with the retro fashion of that era.

I still have my mother's 1940s rhinestone American flag pendant she wore while my dad was overseas with the Navy during WWII. I think I'll dig that out and wear it tomorrow just because I can as its Veteran's Day here in the US. ?

I certainly agree with Catherine's retro look. That style was all the rage in the 1940s and extremely appropriate for the event. I am quite sure that if not, the Queen would have quietly had a word. I guess it is an age thing. Everyone of my friends like me in the 70+ age group loved it. My Mom had a similar one she wore to church all during the war in honor of her brothers-in-law and nephews that were fighting plus everyday she wore a patriotic pin on her clothes. I still have my Dad's "Remember Pearl Harbor" lapel pin that he wore during war on suit to church. They were all extremely behind their "boys" back then.

I think when any of the ladies in the family wear these retro looks they almost always nail it ...I'd rather see them in the pre-70's retro looks than the modern styles anytime!

LaRae

Not sure if I can get behind Catherine's look from yesterday; it seems rather harsh to me and agree that the military look seems more like a fancy dress gimmick rather than the kind of outfit to wear at a serious military event.

:previous: Hereditary Princess considering that this is the fashion forum, all opinions should be especially welcome here!?
I loved the look, but I'm partial to this type of styling. I understand that not everyone is a fan of these looks.

not a fan of the coat, the Zip cheapens it a little bit, but Love the hat !

The Duchess of Cambridge attended a Shout's Crisis Volunteer celebration event in London today, November 12, wearing a Smythe jaclet and trousers by Joseph:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 27: September 2019 -

Classy outfit. I love the burgundy color and slim fit of her slacks. Beautiful. I much prefer fitted to the wide legged pants, though she wears them well.

Last edited:
This is a great daytime look for Catherine today.

Love the colors but those high water pants are just odd looking.

LaRae

Love the colors but those high water pants are just odd looking.

LaRae

I am really glad I wasn't the only one thinking high waters. They were a fate worse than death when I was a kid. I think the high heels are make the high water more obvious. I am not particularly fond of crop pants unless they are worn at the beach with flat shoes or sandals. I really like the blazer and the color of the pants - they just have a length problem for me. Some kind of necklace (not her usual pendants) would have been a nice addition.

I am really glad I wasn't the only one thinking high waters. They were a fate worse than death when I was a kid. I think the high heels are make the high water more obvious. I am not particularly fond of crop pants unless they are worn at the beach with flat shoes or sandals. I really like the blazer and the color of the pants - they just have a length problem for me. Some kind of necklace (not her usual pendants) would have been a nice addition.

The first thing that popped to mind! :D In the 80's we had short pants that hit right at the ankle ...but above that, the horror!

I think the white shirt would of been better in another shade...perhaps something less contrast.

LaRae

A fantastic mainly recycled look. And more proof of why I prefer her more casual looks. Fresh and far more age appropriate then many of her looks.

I love her blazer, always happy to see it. Would totally steal it. The white top looks good under it with the trousers.

I am in love with the color of the trousers. And the Fit. Not her usual extremes, either jeggings or her overly wide legged.

The only thing that would make it better would be the length. Not good.

-blazer is her recycled Canadian brand Smythe
-trousers are new, UK brand Joseph
-shoes are her recycled Italian luxury Rossi pumps
-belt seems to be Zara

I normally like the Duchess in casual looks, but I am not a fan of how this has come together. The trousers with those heels may be the issue for me, not sure. The jacket also seems a tad too small. It strikes me that that it is currently quite chilly in the UK, she really doesn’t seem to have problems with this - surely her ankles were getting cold!

Last edited:
It strikes me that that it is currently quite chilly in the UK, she really doesn’t seem to have problems with this - surely her ankles were getting cold!

Perhaps she had pop-socks or knee highs on to keep her ankles warm.

I like this look a lot, although I am not a huge admirer of the short pants trend. I don't much like it for any of the royal ladies who have worn it, but it seems to be a thing now. I will say I like these marginally better than the enormous pants that drag on the ground trend, so there is that.

Aside from that, I think Catherine looks fantastic.

I like this look a lot, although I am not a huge admirer of the short pants trend. I don't much like it for any of the royal ladies who have worn it, but it seems to be a thing now. I will say I like these marginally better than the enormous pants that drag on the ground trend, so there is that.

Aside from that, I think Catherine looks fantastic.

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking; I don't much care for the cropped pants but they look 100% better than those dragging on the ground.

I prefer this sort of cropped pants instead of the ones that are looser fitting and hit right at mid calf. Kate looks reasonably good in them because she’s slim and has long legs but I still wouldn’t say they look fantastic. Nice colour, though, and I like the rest of the look.

Catherine looks great and I love this colour combination. I wish I had the right look to pull off coloured trousers but I feel like they only suit certain types of people; and Catherine is one of them!

Kate looks good in trousers. I think the coordination is a bit off here but like it nonetheless.

Would love to see her in a proper boss suit. She would rock an Armani or McQueen power suit.

I'm not nuts about the pants, but Catherine rocks this entire look! :D

Love it! Such a joy to watch when she is doing her royal duties!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom