The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 27: September 2019 - January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coat is another meh pass for me.

But I love the hat. A colorful young pop to her wardrobe.

Oddly, the only younger lady wearing gloves (I think) was Beatrice. She covered up her beautiful new engagement ring.

Late response, but Kate carried gloves on Christmas Day. She told someone on the meet and greet after church that she was overly warm in her coat, so it was probably not cold enough to need to wear them

The gold flecks in that coat are wonderful. Love the texture, colors and cut.

I'm not a huge fan of this coat, neither the color nor the pocket details appeal to me. The dress underneath looks nice, however.

I love the color of the coat and the outline but I do not like the flaps over the breast. Distracting and not a great detail.

The fabric of the dress (there are pics of her without the coat) is very nice but I am not a fan of the bodice or the bow.

I love her earrings!

LaRae

That first photo is absolutely beautiful. The coat is quite basic, not my favourite and she has a couple like it so it’s a thumbs down for me.

Would have preferred her in something brighter.

A video of the dress, which is by Zara:

There’s a picture of Catherine in the dress but sat down in this tweet;

Link to the dress, which is Out of Stock: https://www.zara.com/uk/en/printed-dress-with-belt-p02057006.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, not a fan of the bow--I very seldom am--but this one bothers me less than some she has worn. Perhaps the plaid design of the fabric camouflages it more?

I love the coat but hate the dress. I hate the bow trend and wish it would go out of fashion soon.

I like that Kate mixes designer wear with clothing from the high street.

Not so much fan of the coat but i like the dress!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind the coat the colour is nice on the duchess but not overly keen on the dress.

Not too much fan of the dress but i like the coat the while look with bag and shoes i found rather perfect

Sorry the coat is a miss. The bust flaps are distracting and the seems look poorly done. Surprised it's McQueen.

As for the dress another juvenile p bow. It's even worse here as the dress is already busy enough with the pattern.

I don't like any of it except the shoes. How many dark green coats does she have?

Another green coat? So wish she had used one of the previously used ones.

I like the plaid of the dress and grey is a shade we don’t see her in very often. (It’s a lovely picture of the Duke and Duchess sitting down). I also like the coat and think the styling is an attractive touch.

Another green coat? So wish she had used one of the previously used ones.
Me too or if she wanted a new coat, I wonder why she didn't choose a colour she doesn't have as much of. All these shades to choose from:
red and yellow and green and brown and scarlet and black and ochre and peach and ruby and olive and violet and fawn and lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve and cream and crimson and silver and rose and azure and lemon and russet and grey and purple and white and pink and orange and blue. :D

She looks nice as always, but both the coat and the dress feels redundant (like she had worn too many times before).

I wish she will experiment with fashion little bit more and get out of her comfort zone on both style and color.

Catherine's green coat is beautiful. I thought it was a bit bulky upon first glance but I like it more having looked at it a few times.

I actually like the dress from the pictures I have seen. I don't mind the bow at the neck as the plaid makes it less little girly than some of her past choices. This dress is one that I could see myself wearing and believe me, considering this is Kate, I am stunned by that idea. Now considering I am in my early 60'she is 38 may say something about her taste and her tendency to dress like someone older than she is.

As for the coat, it is yet another dark green coat though it is probably longer than some of her others. This particular shade is not the most attractive I have ever seen but that isn't my biggest problem with it. The seaming above the waist is distracting and looks fussy. The flap pockets are a disaster. I am of the opinion that any designer, male or female who uses that option on a piece of clothing for a woman is a designer who hates women. It is not flattering. They do nothing for a woman's figure. I don't care if the woman weighs 100 lbs soaking wet or weighs 300 lbs, this is awful and is made worse by the heavy fabric. Can you tell I hate the pockets? I will now get off my soapbox.

I didn't like her print coat either - reminds me of train seats. I loved the blue hat though - very Sandringham & would also look good at Cheltenham races.

Catherine always looks lovely whatever she wears - as in my mother's phrase "She'd look good in a Tate & Lyle sack".

:previous:Agree, she is so pretty and model height and weight that almost anything looks good on her. However, all these flaps and seaming, the McQueen look, has never been my thing. A mere mortal would look simply awful in this design. Ditto for the color. However, she can pull off the length and the shoes are good with it. The 70’s vibe dress is very in now and she has been wearing more and more of these kinds of dresses, yes dull, but takes the focus off her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom