"Spare" memoir by the Duke of Sussex (2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Vine (I know, I know it's Daily Mail but I can't imagine she invented the episode): Diana's poor little baby loved to mock a matron in the prep school for failing to "make us horny". He then goes into detail about her unattractive appearances, greasy hair and all. And he doesn't fail to mention her deviated spine and stiff knees. She had to descend stairs going backwards which our sensitive princeling made faces at.

Oh poor Harry! The sensitive soul! Couldn't he have spared his thoughts on her appearance and health problems at least now? I can safely guess the whines that would follow if I gave my opinion on his eyes, his own receding hair and his lovely wife's own hair - even on their wedding day.

It seems Harry has admitted to a crime in the book at California sheriff's might be called in to investigate.
Apparently Harry and Meghan were allowed to take the miscarriage home with them and buried it in California. Taken any human remains is legal - burying human remains on private property not zoned as a cemetery is illegal.

It is not illegal to bury even an adult body on private property in some parts of the United States. Also, some states consider fetal remains medical waste.

"On loan" being the key phrase.

Diana had the tiara in her possession so often as a favor from her brother. She wasn't entitled to use it, and it wasn't the only one at her disposal although it was the one she preferred. IMO Lord Spencer was quite generous about it, and when they quarreled he rightfully asked for his (very expensive) property back to ensure that his own heirs could have access to it in the future.

We have to keep in mind that Diana's father owned the tiara until he died in late March 1992. The Prince and Princess of Wales separated in December of the same year. Diana had very few tiara occasions after her father died so her brother didn't have to lend it all that often.

(...)

I am confused - isn’t it a four book deal? So Spare, Meghan’s memoir, and what else? What am I forgetting??

The other two are rumoured to be motivational/feel-good books, or some might say "word salad" which is Meghan's expertise so it may turn out better than the tell-all. Let's see if in Meghan's tell-all, would she feel the need to clarify the peeing in the bush story or maybe detailing her menstrual cramps.

This is a longer version. Longer than the one I’d originally read. Couldn’t find that one.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/7080378/william-lunged-harry-philip-funeral/

(...)

They discussed his Oprah Winfrey interview from weeks earlier.

Harry claims he tried to reason with his brother and father, and wanted to discuss bullying allegations against wife Meghan.

But they weren’t listening, he said, and he was turning away to say goodbye.

He says William, who was “really steaming", shouted at him: “You never came to us. You never came to me.”

Harry expressed his feelings over their Megxit agreement being “violated” when William shouted he should “take it up with Granny”.

Harry wrote: "I waved a hand, disgusted, but he lunged, grabbed my shirt. ‘Listen to me, Harold’.

“I pulled away, refused to meet his gaze. He forced me to look into his eyes. Listen to me, Harold, listen! I love you, Harold! I want you to be happy."

Harry claims he fired back with "I love you too…but your stubbornness is extraordinary!"

He pulled out of William’s grasp but claims his brother grabbed him again and twisted him to maintain eye contact.

He says in the book: “Harold, you must listen to me! I just want you to be happy, Harold. I swear I swear on Mummy’s life.

“He stopped. I stopped. Pa stopped. He’d gone there.

“He’d used the secret code, the universal password. Ever since we were boys those three words were to be used only in times of extreme crisis.”

Harry, who while describing this encounter called Wills his “arch-nemesis” and pointed out his “alarming baldness”, said he was ready at that point to fly back to the US to be with Meghan.

He wrote: “Willy wasn’t quite ready to accept defeat.. ‘I’ve felt properly sick and ill after everything that’s happened and, and I swear to you now on Mummy’s life that I just want you to be happy’.

Harry added: “My voice broke as I told him softly: I really don’t think you do.”

The Sun on Sunday understands that William did hug his brother and told him “I love you”.

But neither William nor Charles have spoken about rows or behind the scenes at Philip’s funeral at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle.

Harry also claims he’s always felt he had to go on bended knee to William when asking for his help.

(...)

Very dramatic but if this is true, sadly I think Harry is lost, there's nothing Charles and William can do other than to let him go. It has to come from himself, he has to find his own way because anything other people tell him, if it's not according to his wants, he'd get defensive and might will lash out. It seems Harry is warped in his own reality (could be effect of drug use if we speculate from the extract about his drug use), so nothing they do would be enough for him unless they do exactly as he wants it and I'm afraid if they do it but it doesn't result way he envision, he'd still blame them. It's never his fault. Most likely now he still listens to Meghan, but if he keeps spiralling like this, he might turn against her as well if she starts to question him or say something he doesn't like to hear.

Another extract in which in his mind, his father refuse to cater him financially because his father felt threaten that Meghan would eclipse him (another "they jealous with Meghan" argument).

Telegraph
Daily Mail (it has more detail than the Telegraph)

(...)

The prince said he considered telling his father the cost of providing Meghan with food and shelter was minimal, given that she did not have a large appetite and could make her own clothes.

(...)
Wait, so the headline about Meghan's excessive clothes spending is false? She's not wearing designer clothes, but she made it herself? :ermm:

According to Harry, Meghan had already been offered the Spencer tiara and I'm saying it was canny of HMQ to offer hers instead.

but that's what HArry says. and of course the Queen would have offered a tiara, its what they do when someone marries in. Its possible that the Spencers did say that Megahn could use the tiara, but even if they had 20 tiaras ad offered a loan of them, the queen would still offer one from the royal collection

It is not illegal to bury even an adult body on private property in some parts of the United States. Also, some states consider fetal remains medical waste.

If they were allowed to take the miscarried baby home with them, then I presume there is no crime involved.

"On loan" being the key phrase.

Diana had the tiara in her possession so often as a favor from her brother. She wasn't entitled to use it, and it wasn't the only one at her disposal although it was the one she preferred. IMO Lord Spencer was quite generous about it, and when they quarreled he rightfully asked for his (very expensive) property back to ensure that his own heirs could have access to it in the future.

well yes, but his girls were quite young and not likely to be wearing it, and I dont think his wife wore it as she and he were splitting up. Diana had occasions when she still wore a tiara, so she had it on loan. I doubt if Charles S expected her to wear it and send it back each time.. but when they had their row, he was annoyed and was not willing to go on lendig it.

It
Making that speech was a clear shot across the royal bow by Lord Spencer. You don't make public comments like that without intent and it wasn't taken lightly by anyone.

He was angry at the time, of course, His sister had just died tragically, he probalby felt guilty that he hadn't been all that close to her in latter years, and he blamed the RF for also being unhelpful to her. It doesn't mean that he went on hating the RF for years to come.

I see what you are saying but even if they didn't see the parallel to Diana that Harry saw, I can't see Charles Spencer refusing to loan the tiara to Harry's bride.

IMO it is impossible to know, as I wouldnt trust much of what Harry's said. I dont think Charles S would REFUSE it, but then again, given that Diana and he had had some tensions about it, he might be wary. If Meghan had said she loved the tiara and could she wear it for the wedding, he might have said yes, or might have been wary.

And seriously? You cannot run for the US Congress with your foreign title. (For one thing, any opponent would justifiably hammer you.). She'd have to go back to Markle or pick a last name.

there is no legal barrier to using a title if running for office. However its more than likely that anyone with a title would simply use their surname.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote by Yukari:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
This is a longer version. Longer than the one I’d originally read. Couldn’t find that one.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/7080378...hilip-funeral/
Quote:
(...)

They discussed his Oprah Winfrey interview from weeks earlier.

Harry claims he tried to reason with his brother and father, and wanted to discuss bullying allegations against wife Meghan.

But they weren’t listening, he said, and he was turning away to say goodbye.

He says William, who was “really steaming", shouted at him: “You never came to us. You never came to me.”

Harry expressed his feelings over their Megxit agreement being “violated” when William shouted he should “take it up with Granny”.

Harry wrote: "I waved a hand, disgusted, but he lunged, grabbed my shirt. ‘Listen to me, Harold’.

“I pulled away, refused to meet his gaze. He forced me to look into his eyes. Listen to me, Harold, listen! I love you, Harold! I want you to be happy."

Harry claims he fired back with "I love you too…but your stubbornness is extraordinary!"

He pulled out of William’s grasp but claims his brother grabbed him again and twisted him to maintain eye contact.

He says in the book: “Harold, you must listen to me! I just want you to be happy, Harold. I swear I swear on Mummy’s life.

“He stopped. I stopped. Pa stopped. He’d gone there.

“He’d used the secret code, the universal password. Ever since we were boys those three words were to be used only in times of extreme crisis.”

Harry, who while describing this encounter called Wills his “arch-nemesis” and pointed out his “alarming baldness”, said he was ready at that point to fly back to the US to be with Meghan.

He wrote: “Willy wasn’t quite ready to accept defeat.. ‘I’ve felt properly sick and ill after everything that’s happened and, and I swear to you now on Mummy’s life that I just want you to be happy’.

Harry added: “My voice broke as I told him softly: I really don’t think you do.”

The Sun on Sunday understands that William did hug his brother and told him “I love you”.

But neither William nor Charles have spoken about rows or behind the scenes at Philip’s funeral at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle.

Harry also claims he’s always felt he had to go on bended knee to William when asking for his help.

(...)
Very dramatic but if this is true, sadly I think Harry is lost, there's nothing Charles and William can do other than to let him go. It has to come from himself, he has to find his own way because anything other people tell him, if it's not according to his wants, he'd get defensive and might will lash out. It seems Harry is warped in his own reality (could be effect of drug use if we speculate from the extract about his drug use), so nothing they do would be enough for him unless they do exactly as he wants it and I'm afraid if they do it but it doesn't result way he envision, he'd still blame them. It's never his fault. Most likely now he still listens to Meghan, but if he keeps spiralling like this, he might turn against her as well if she starts to question him or say something he doesn't like to hear.

Another extract in which in his mind, his father refuse to cater him financially because his father felt threaten that Meghan would eclipse him (another "they jealous with Meghan" argument).

Telegraph
Daily Mail (it has more detail than the Telegraph)

Quote:
(...)

The prince said he considered telling his father the cost of providing Meghan with food and shelter was minimal, given that she did not have a large appetite and could make her own clothes.

(...)
Wait, so the headline about Meghan's excessive clothes spending is false? She's not wearing designer clothes, but she made it herself?

----------------------

I find this disturbing to read.

Even with this, (what do you call when you as a group confront say an addict/alcoholic?) didn't work.

And the thing about Meghan's small appetite and making her own clothes is laughable. Disturbingly childish in fact. It wasn't a case of being given 100 $ a week. Because I don't think this was to be said as a joke.

Quote by Yukari:

Q

(...)
Wait, so the headline about Meghan's excessive clothes spending is false? She's not wearing designer clothes, but she made it herself?

----------------------

I find this disturbing to read.

Even with this, (what do you call when you as a group confront say an addict/alcoholic?) didn't work.

And the thing about Meghan's small appetite and making her own clothes is laughable. Disturbingly childish in fact. It wasn't a case of being given 100 $ a week. Because I don't think this was to be said as a joke.

Seriously this is insulting. I recognise that Harry has been privileged beyond belief since birth but my goodness, but "considering saying" it's okay, because Meghan wouldn't cost too much" since she didn't eat much and "could" make her own clothes is entirely insulting since we *know* Charles paid for a wardrobe of about £1million including a one of custom made Dior £100,000 Kaftan. Literally her wardrobe cost more than Catherine and Camilla's put together.

I think its clear Harry's lost the plot. Unless he put in a lot of thsis stuff just to make the book more exciting?

Oh that's so sad. William insisted he loved Harry and just wanted him to be happy but Harry wouldn't accept it. I think this passage from the book is the most upsetting thing I've learned so far and it shows just how far removed from reality Harry was and still is. I feel sorry for him but not as much as I feel for William and Charles. What a mess!

Oh that's so sad. William insisted he loved Harry and just wanted him to be happy but Harry wouldn't accept it. I think this passage from the book is the most upsetting thing I've learned so far and it shows just how far removed from reality Harry was and still is. I feel sorry for him but not as much as I feel for William and Charles. What a mess!

I think all this stuff about Will insisting he loved him etc etc is Meg's influence on Harry, rather that what William said.

I hope I am not off topic but I don’t understand why the Sussexes have ghosted Thomas Markle as what they have done and said so far is far worst than anything the poor old man has done.

Megxit’s the new Brexit: a vitriolic battleground that pits generations against each other

Archive

(...)

Fresh polling conducted by YouGov on Thursday and Friday, after*the premature release of*Spare, Prince Harry’s memoir, suggests public support for the Sussexes has largely collapsed over the past six years. Just 23 per cent of the British public have a positive view of Meghan, down from 49 per cent in 2017. Support for Harry is at 26 per cent, down from 81 per cent in 2017.

(...)

“Meghan and Harry encapsulate what a youth audience, a millennial audience, wants to talk about,” says Mark Borkowski, a PR expert. “Black Lives Matter, ecology, the state of the planet, trans rights; plus she’s a Hollywood princess, which captures the imagination. The boomers are fixed against it. They don’t understand it and think it’s*

Harry and Megan operate in areas often described as “culture war” issues in an intensifying battle between young and old.

“There is always tension between generations, and this is a good thing,” writes Professor Bobby Duffy of King’s College London in his book*Generations. He argues that these culture wars are exaggerated: older people in Britain are actually more liberal than ever before, yet “people of all generations are identifying more with their own group and differentiating themselves more from the ‘other group’.”

In other words, it is not that older people necessarily dislike the things the Sussexes talk about; it is more that they oppose who they are and how they voice their opinions.

(...)

Luke Tryl, UK director of the More in Common think tank, suggests much of Harry and Meghan’s support comes from a far smaller subset of the population than simply remainers or the young: their fans are “progressive activists”. These people make up about an eighth of the population but have a disproportionately loud voice on social media, have high incomes but low accumulated wealth and mostly vote Labour.

Support for Meghan is at 36 per cent among those who voted Labour in 2019, and just 8 per cent among those who voted Tory.

“It all comes down to who you think is the wronged party,” says Tryl. “For progressive activists, that’s Meghan.”

But there is a broader point, which may explain why Harry and Meghan have failed to capitalise on culture war issues here. “In the US, if you listen to a focus group and someone tells you what they think of guns, then you know their view on abortion,” says Tryl. “Here, it tends to be issue by issue. You’ll speak to a pensioner in Blyth who gets massively exercised about small boats but likes the principle of taking a knee to support one’s team-mates.”

Could the scale and absurdity of the revelations in*Spare*crush the little support they have left? It is hard to be ideological about a “frostbitten penis”.

The number of people with a “positive” view of Harry has fallen slightly in the past month, from 33 per cent after the release of the first part of their Netflix series to 26 per cent after Thursday’s allegations. Yet support for Meghan remains stable, going from 25 per cent to 23 per cent — and has even grown among 18 to 24-year-olds.

(...)

Seeing the "flip" in almost every category, it's obvious that their major selling point in the UK is their status as royals.

I think all this stuff about Will insisting he loved him etc etc is Meg's influence on Harry, rather that what William said.

I doubt it's Meghan's. It's possible that William said that, they're brothers. They may be upset/angry at each other, but deep down still love the other (which make it even sadder).

Last edited:
there is no legal barrier to using a title if running for office. However its more than likely that anyone with a title would simply use their surname.

The legal barrier is to accept a foreign title without the authorization of the U.S. Congress while in office. Meghan could not receive any money or gift from the Crown either (which would constitute a foreign "emolument"), nor could she hold any other "office" in the UK, which, in my interpretation, precludes undertaking any official duty on behalf of the King.

Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State

I am also sure that, if she ran for Congress in the state of California, she would drop "The Duchess of Sussex" and run only as Meghan Markle. Being married to Harry would probably be a political liability too as long as he is in the line of succession to the British Crown, is bound by allegiance to a foreign King, and may receive any money from the said King.

It is very low of Harry to reveal details of such intimate private family conversations without the King's or William's consent and knowing that they are not in a position to respond or tell their version of the story. Besides, Harry comes across as a teenager having a temper tantrum, which fits into the overall narrative of the book.

In this particular excerpt, it is interesting to see Harry's references to "the blood of animals" and his apparent association of hunting and shooting animals (a common royal tradition in Europe) with a "cult of death". I personally do not support hunting or shooting either, but Harry's changed opinion on this matter might show Meghan's ideological influence on him over the past years.

Actually, when Harry, looking back at his life with his family, says that: "“Our lives were built on death, our brightest days shadowed by it. [...], I didn't see spots of time, but dances with death", it is quite clear to me that he has been gaslighted in the original dictionary meaning of the term, which is "To manipulate someone such that they doubt their own memory, perceptions of reality, or sanity, typically for malevolent reasons".

It is also interesting to see how he equates the bullying allegations against Meghan to a part of the ongoing Palace smear campaign against his wife. Since the Palace is now sitting on potentially credible evidence against Meghan on that front, it remains to be seen if they will choose to release it, which I doubt as the King probably wants to avoid an escalation.

Last edited:

Seeing the "flip" in almost every category, it's obvious that their major selling point in the UK is their status as royals.

Oh without a doubt, there don't *have* to use their royal titles for anything, that is no legal obligation or such.
It is not their name, and should not be their whole identity (although i'm sure they see it differently). In the NL Princess Irene (sister of P.Beatrix) writes books about subjects that are close to her heart and does so under her own name 'Irene van Lippe-Biesterfeld'.

That Harry and Meghan use their royal titles to put on their books and let themselves be introduced as such in interviews they participate in, is their own choice.

Was this supposed to make William look bad? Because it's a heartbreaking description of someone who is trying so hard to get through to his younger brother. And if we consider this was written from Harry's perspective, it's logical to assume it will always put Harry in a better light than anyone else (with the exception of Meghan) - so the truth might be even more painful.

After all he did, all they did, William was still reaching out to him. Incredible.

While I'm sure it wasn't the intention, to me, the parts about William, especially after Philip's funeral, show a some desperate to get his brother back. Why be so upset to get physical if you didn't love him still? You'd just say "oh sod off back to America". It shows there is real family love there. What is sad is Harry doesn't seem to see that because he is too hung up on much more minor "slights".

Was this supposed to make William look bad? Because it's a heartbreaking description of someone who is trying so hard to get through to his younger brother. And if we consider this was written from Harry's perspective, it's logical to assume it will always put Harry in a better light than anyone else (with the exception of Meghan) - so the truth might be even more painful.

After all he did, all they did, William was still reaching out to him. Incredible.

Agree. Even from Harry’s account, William comes out in a good light here. He seemed desperate to get through and not lose his brother. Very sad indeed.

I suppose at the coronation, there will be lots of heads of States and Royal Families, and I wonder if, if the two are there, they will dare come because of of the present announcements from the talibans who want revenge ....

The Sun article also says those racist remarks that were such a fireball in the Oprah interview are never mentioned in the book, or even hinted at. Either Harry chose to leave them out which says a lot, or the author could find no shred of believability and left it out.

That description of the Phillip summit definitely gives my sympathy to William, who is trying with everything he’s got to let his brother know he does indeed care for him. It’s very sad. Also Harry doesn’t refute William when he says, “You never came to us, you never came to me.” Harry basically confirms what most suspected: the announcement of half in half out was a shock to the palace.

I also think the descriptions of Charles not hugging post Diana’s death are not surprising. He folds the blankets and quilts, speaks quietly, pats his son’s knee…he’s certainly showing tenderness and care. Supposedly, later descriptions in the book talk about how he sits by Harry’s bed as he falls asleep because Harry fears the dark.

I think Harry’s wish to show how distant and cold Charles/Will/Kate are is actually showing the opposite.

Last edited:
My two cents on The Tiara situation, for what its worth.
Meghan did certainly want to closely identify with Diana in the publics mind (Diana 2.0) and wearing the very familiar Spencer Family Tiara would have done that. Probably would have liked the gorgeous Pearl Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara one even better, but that now was on loan to Kate and definitely unavailable.

But the Queen felt that as a Bride marrying into the Windsor Royal Family, Meghan should wear one of theirs, and to me that makes sense. The Tiara she wore was just lovely. Much nicer than D-I-L Sophie's original Wedding Tiara.

And as poster mybags sadly pointed out, we won't be seeing it again probably.
It will be viewed as Meghan's Wedding Tiara and associated with all the Sussex's bad tidings and drama. Which is a shame. Poor Queen Mary must be spinning in her grave over the chaos that the two married in American Brides have caused to the Family and The Crown.

Another little gem that is in the Book surrounding this Tiara situation that made me laugh is this statement *allegedly* made by the Queen to Meghan.....
"Tiara's Suit You" .

If true, what a warm and lovely compliment.
But my bad self REALLY wonders if that was said. Or if its just another attempt to elevate Magical Meghans Princess credibility and specialness. Because as we know, Harry states and felt She was "resplendent" and was doing the Job better than others destined for the top roles.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for putting DM as a source, but I can't find the quotes anywhere else as of now.

Article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11609675/Prince-Harry-says-rowed-Prince-William-BEARD.html

We're getting here a few interesting things about the wedding. I tried (and failed) and tried again (unsuccessfully) to find any sort of logic in this. Discussions about venues:
'I told him we were thinking of Westminster Abbey.'
'No good. We did it there.'
'Right, right. St Paul's?'
'Too grand. Plus Pa and Mummy did it there.'
'Hm. Yes. Good point. He suggested Tetbury. I snorted. Tetbury? The chapel near Highgrove? Seriously, Willy? How many does that place seat?'
'Isn't that what you said you wanted – a small, quiet wedding?'
Harry claims that what he and Meghan really wanted was to escape Britain altogether, adding: 'In fact we wanted to elope. Barefoot in Botswana, with maybe a friend officiating, that was our dream. But we were expected to share this moment with other people. It wasn't up to us.'
If this conversation is indeed true, I cannot imagine how difficult it was to deal with Harry at that point in time. So the choice was Westminster, St. Paul's or eloping in Botswana? Harry is moving in the extremes - it either has to be the biggest, most prestigious venues or eloping? If eloping/small wedding was the prefered choice, why a small church/cathedral was a problem?
What I see here is William trying to find a solution that would make his brother happy, not knowing, or maybe even knowing, which is more sad, that there's no making Harry happy.
'Ah, there it was. After he'd come back from an assignment with Special Forces, Willy was sporting a full beard, and someone told him to be a good boy, run along and shave it. He hated the idea of me enjoying a perk he'd been denied.'
The satisfaction of one-upping his brother on something that minor is glowing from this paragraph. But I have some serious doubts about Harry's interpretation of the situation. William (and Catherine as well) know the drill - do or don't do some things to keep the peace, to not rock the boat. Shave for the wedding and avoid having 10 articles written about it. To me it sounds like William, once again, trying to protect his brother.

From all of the content we're getting from the book, I don't uderstand anything. Why put there things that simply make Harry look bad. The fragments we're getting paint the picture of Harry as a small, jealous, little man with issues.

They had to read through the final product. Why didn't they realize it, changed things around? This is Harry's book about Harry. It should paint the most positive picture about him as possible. How could they not notice how he's coming across here? Or are they so far out of touch they were thinking it's all fine?

It is the very day of the interview on ITV at 10 pm. Me may see it on French TV Monday on TV1 at 11.10 pm
Will King Charles III and the Prince of Wales have any public Reaction.ot will they remain silent ??

It seems Harry has confirmed that Meghan kept the freebies - and shared it with her staff.

It is completely against royal protocol to keep freebies of any kind - so this is odd.
Unsure but it seems that Harry is trying to use it as Meghan was so great to her staff that she used to share the free stuff she received.
So that is another rumor confirmed.

I also think the descriptions of Charles not hugging post Diana’s death are not surprising. He folds the blankets and quilts, speaks quietly, pats his son’s knee…he’s certainly showing tenderness and care. Supposedly, later descriptions in the book talk about how he sits by Harry’s bed as he falls asleep because Harry fears the dark.

Not everyone is a hugger. Not being physically affectionate doesn't mean that you're not a loving person.
It took a twenty-five year long campaign from a daughter-in-law and his many grandchildren before my dear, sweet, kind but emotionally repressed grandfather started hugging those he loved without being forced into it. He showed his love through unwavering support for his family, always having an open door and a well-stocked kitchen, but we all knew that the pat we sometimes got on our arm or shoulder was his way of saying "Don't forget that I'm here and I love you".
Should Charles have hugged Harry if he noticed that he needed that - yes, he should, but he tried to do his best in a horrendous situation where he was suffering from shock himself.
Parents are only human and most of them do the best they can.

It's indicative of Harry's (and Meghan) state of mind that he justifies revealing private information about his family - without their consent, by retorting that they have leaked information about him. - A claim he clearly firmly believes in, but haven't been able to prove.

It's no wonder some speculate as to whether his drug abuse has influenced his state of mind. I understand (I know next to nothing about drugs) that a long time of smoking hashish will often result in extreme mood swings and eventually paranoia.
But could a relatively limited use of drugs really cause such a permanent delusional state of mind? In Harry's own words, he basically only sampled drugs.
Anyone in the know?

Last edited:
I remember thinking that at the wedding, both the queen and Kate looked tense and tired, and I think it was due to the fact of dealing with Megh and Harry, that nothing would ever satisfy them.

It's indicative of Harry's (and Meghan) state of mind that he justifies revealing private information about his family - without their consent, by retorting that they have leaked information about him. - A claim he clearly firmly believes in, but haven't been able to prove.

It's no wonder some speculate as to whether his drug abuse has influenced his state of mind. I understand (I know next to nothing about drugs) that a long time of smoking hashish will often result in extreme mood swings and eventually paranoia.
But could a relatively limited use of drugs cause really such a permanent delusional state of mind? In Harry's own words, he basically only sampled drugs.
Anyone in the know?

I don't think he just "sampled drugs", but rather probably used them for an extended period of time. That doesn't necessarily mean any long-term mental health consequences. Normally it may be actually the opposite, i.e., being a regular drug user, especially beyond your high school/unversity years , is a symptom of a preexisting mental health condition, rather than the drugs inducing that condition.

Regardless of drug use, what caught my attention, as I said before, is that Harry appears to have been gaslighted in the sense that he has been manipulated into doubting his own memories or past experiences. That is clear for example when he says that he now realizes that happy moments that he thought he had with his family shooting birds were actually part of a "cult of death" built around "the blood of animals". Without discussing the morality (or lack thereof) of shooting or hunting animals, clearly that is an opinion that was planted in his psyche, either by a therapist, or Meghan, or both, and that is troubling to me.

Last edited:
I don't think he just "sampled drugs", but rather probably used them for an extended period of time. That doesn't necessarily mean any long-term mental health consequences. Normally it may be actually the opposite, i.e., being a regular drug user, especially beyond your high school/unversity years , is a symptom of a preexisting mental health condition, rather than the drugs inducing that condition.

Regardless of drug use, what caught my attention, as I said before, is that Harry appears to have been gaslighted in the sense that he has been manipulated into doubting his own memories or past experiences. That is clear for example when he says that he now realizes that happy moments that he thought he had with his family shooting birds were actually part of a "cult of death" built around "the blood of animals". Without discussing the morality (or lack thereof) of shooting or hunting animals, clearly that is an opinion that was planted in his psyche, either by a therapist, or Meghan, or both, and that is troubling to me.

Personally I fell that admission of any drug usage for any celebrity or royal opens up the possibility that they are still using - same for alcohol. And with erratic behavior - obvious issues that he appears to see as normal. Any can not look at that and wonder - Is he still partaking in drugs and alcohol?

A number of people have now pointed out that they would be concerned about the therapist - and Meghan. You only have to look at what happened to Brian Wilson to see the negative effect therapists can have on ones life. And unfortunately if is common in California. It is unfortunately easy to brain wash and manipulate people in week mental states.

Last edited:
I hope I am not off topic but I don’t understand why the Sussexes have ghosted Thomas Markle as what they have done and said so far is far worst than anything the poor old man has done.
You are so right. Plus we haven’t heard from him in a while from interviews or anything. Plus he hasn’t been paid millions for interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom