Royals at Wimbledon 2008 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the photos of Charlotte getting to hold the special racquet gifted to her Mum. She looks genuinely impressed.

I was very happy to see that the Princess of Wales felt well enough to attend Wimbledon . I hope she is not pushing her recovery too much (..) Cancer has affected my family deeply , chemotherapy is , in many ways more debilitating than the cancer . I have been impressed by the generally thoughtful tone mass media has taken when reporting her condition .

Last edited by a moderator:
A shame Letizia and/or Leonor couldn't attend the men's final. Especially since a Spaniard was in the final.
With the way Carlos plays, I'm sure there will be more finals to come

A shame Letizia and/or Leonor couldn't attend the men's final. Especially since a Spaniard was in the final.
With the way Carlos plays, I'm sure there will be more finals to come
Leonor was in Portugal Friday and I don't think Letizia is a big sports fan.
Infanta Elena could have attended as along with her brother is a big sports fan.

Back in the day, the Infanta Cristina always used to present the trophy - nearly always to Rafa, at that time - at the Barcelona Open, but that was before all the tax business.

There are many sports and the Royal Family cannot attend all of them, this weekend the Spanish women's rhythmic gymnastics team was world champion, and there was no representation either. King Felipe was already with Alcaraz at Wimbledon last year.

Probably the circumstances were not appropriate to plan a trip either. The British did not confirm the presence of the Princess of Wales and the composition of the box until Saturday, and the President of the Spanish Government decided on Saturday to also travel to Berlin, conditioning security issues and using a second official plane.

I was very happy to see that the Princess of Wales felt well enough to attend Wimbledon . I hope she is not pushing her recovery too much (..) Cancer has affected my family deeply , chemotherapy is , in many ways more debilitating than the cancer . I have been impressed by the generally thoughtful tone mass media has taken when reporting her condition .
I hope so too.
The public wants to see her, and I believe she is trying to attend a few high-profile events to satisfy that desire.

Of course, critics will complain that she is only attending high-profile events!

I hope so too.
The public wants to see her, and I believe she is trying to attend a few high-profile events to satisfy that desire.

Of course, critics will complain that she is only attending high-profile events!
We do not know what she is doing privately, and to be honest any event she attends will become high profile . I think she has been quite smart, she has appeared in public at two major events, it is now holiday time, we will not see her for another few weeks, then hopefully we will start to see her on a more regular basis. If she had not appeared before the holiday period the trolls would have ramped up gain with the silly story season. Of course the trolls do not need an excuse they post for the sake of it.

Back
Top Bottom